Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

80 - 100 instance available for testing.

If that is too risky (I see your point), maybe in a middle of a previous zone? Alternatively, some kind of teleport shortcut from the start to the zones 4 and 5 would be nice, but I think this is hard to implement in a way that prevents players to go there before finishing zones 1-3 ....

If that is too risky (I see your point), maybe in a middle of a previous zone? Alternatively, some kind of teleport shortcut from the start to the zones 4 and 5 would be nice, but I think this is hard to implement in a way that prevents players to go there before finishing zones 1-3 ....

That wouldn't really matter though, since each wave won't come unless the one before that is completely gone, right?

I agree, the walking is a bit much, especially towards the end of the instance. Maybe a portal towards the center of the map, or towards the river crossover right at the top of the map (no mobs spawn there, it's still a bit of a walk taking about 10 minutes, but last night it took someone 20 mins just to get back to the location of the last mobs, only to die within a heartbeat again).

last night it took someone 20 mins just to get back to the location of the last mobs, only to die within a heartbeat again).

It's me, it's me !!! :hiya:

It was partly a fault of a lack of map, I'd be back faster if I could see where I walk :) But agreed, a bit less of walking would greatly improve overall experience.

There's a simple new feature, that will be added to the main server soon (I hope): speed hax pots and horses. I've used the horse to scout around the map, and also to get back asap from the respawning point to the heat of the battle...

Just wait till it be available on the main and use it, imo, that solves the 'omg I'm so far away' problem.

Well, it might work but it reduces EMU available and so much needed for more important stuff I suppose. We have run out of suppliees on the last mob anyway.

Mobs drops some supplies. HEs and SRs... and dunno how the potions, but horse whistle weights just 1emu, not much, really.

There's always an option to take a mule with you. One player can keep supplies for the team. When we fought at the instance, 8 players were enough to finish it.

But, anyway, it's making the instances much more interesting... you have to think and prepare not only yourself but the whole team. And thats a great '+'.

I just regret I wont be able to test the updated 80-100 instance tomorrow... :/

As far as I know we haven't had any he's and sr's drops, but I might be wrong here.

I fully agree with you, preparations, co-operation and tactics are a key here, if we had these in order we would finish our instance as well.

bloodsucker you forget that your group's summons were a great help. it's smart that you did it, but I somehow see a challenge in completing the instance without those, and our fail yesterday really showed me that you can do it, but indeed... with proper preparation.

Just as a side note - we have tried some ranging. Alberich was doing great damage with a bow, I have shoot some as well. We have encounter three obstacles though:

- no line of fire (a penguin would be very easy to kill with bows if we could shoot at him, that would save us plenty of he's and sr's)

- when 6-8 fighters bash a monster there is no way for an archer to target it (no line of fire again)

- EMU - well, if you take more arrows, less space for he's and sr's, so your chances to survive diminish. I'm not sure if having dedicated archer(s) is a good solution then. If fighters stayed close to the ranger and protect him/her then maybe ... otherwise I'd stick to a sword.

His groups summoned didnt help much :hiya: i only summoned twice one in the second wave cause i didnt know how strong they were and one @ last monster cause i had to go quick lol and could wait to take 20k health down .. so in fact with summons or no summons made the diffrence of 2 restores >.> ... you acting like i made big ZOO's :)

you acting like i made big ZOO's :hiya:

I believe we are just exchanging observations and ideas friendly lol

We acknowledge superiority of your group and congratulate on your success endlessly :)

you acting like i made big ZOO's :hiya:

I believe we are just exchanging observations and ideas friendly lol

We acknowledge superiority of your group and congratulate on your success endlessly :)

*bows*

bloodsucker you forget that your group's summons were a great help. it's smart that you did it, but I somehow see a challenge in completing the instance without those, and our fail yesterday really showed me that you can do it, but indeed... with proper preparation.

Like Senzon says... not much of a help, really. And I even died because of them :hiya:

We had tigers, bears and a giant or two. But tigers and bears were dead just after one hit from any mob. Few mana drains wasnt a help at all, same with cooldown. Maybe giants hit the mobs a bit harder, but I wasnt able to see this... like I said, I was dead atm, and in the other part of the map.

The way we killed the last 2 mobs was simple: attack with whole group and if someone is out of mana, diss and cooldown a bit, then join the fight again. Fighting like that with 1 mob at a time makes the combat kinda easy. If there would be a moment were everyone had to diss and run for mana restock, that I'd be good I say. Harder, more of a challenge... and more fun :)

Of course, there were a lot of us, full team of 9 members (but one died in the 2nd wave), so yeah you could say that was easy for us. But IMO 5 guys can complete this intance as long as they'd fight togheter (just remember that I'm talking about the instance before the upcoming adjustments).

But IMO 5 guys can complete this intance as long as they'd fight togheter (just remember that I'm talking about the instance before the upcoming adjustments).

I have to agree with you :hiya:

But for the sake of proving it.. let's find a group of 5 ppl, and see how it goes sometime this weekend \o/

I did the instance yesterday with BloodSucker, SenZon etc, and it worked fine.

Now, I did try again today, some of the same people, was in channel, 7 of us total...we're all at npc, i'm in the right channel

the whole group but ME gets in.

Now, I've talked about possible problems as to why, but none of them seem to apply to me. Yesterday i was in ch 1002, today in 1001, and didn't even have 1002 open anymore.

I was also in ch3 and 4, but I don't think that should've made ANY difference.

I think there is a limit on how often you can enter the instance so perhaps for you it hasn't expired yet.

Please test to see if everything works, including if you meet all the requirements to go in the instance and if you can come back or not before like 100 hours pass.
Edited by Cruella

I think there is a limit on how often you can enter the instance so perhaps for you it hasn't expired yet.

Please test to see if everything works, including if you meet all the requirements to go in the instance and if you can come back or not before like 100 hours pass.

Like I said, I did the instance with a lot of the same people from yesterday

they got through, I didn't.

Like I said, I did the instance with a lot of the same people from yesterday

they got through, I didn't.

maybe 100 hours didnt pass?

Oh btw, I just love the new creature names ;)

Edited by Soul

Just a small guess on a reason why maps were not working on Vista.

Unzipped elm file when copied to the /maps folder gets somehow an attribute "blocked" as being copied from another computer (security feature native for Vista). You can see that by looking at file properties (right click, choose Properties).

Try "Unblock" button and then enter the instance. That might help (I wasn't able to test since couldn't find enough people to enter just for test, minimum is 5)

Please post the results if you manage to test it.

I have also verified that my instance map is in a proper folder - renamed IP map file and tested, the map directory where instance map was is correct.

Just a small guess on a reason why maps were not working on Vista.

Dunno why you guys have ANY problems under Vista... :)

I'm using 64bit Buisness edition, and I dont have even a smallest problem with EL, EL editor and maps. Just dont install EL on the C partition... especially in Program Files. If you have another partition - install EL there. I have done so and can delete, modify, whatever, with the whole EL. With no damn files blocked or so.

I'm teh administrator and I make the rules (and I hate those damn user account veryfication thin - my advice: disable it).

You could also put the new files in C:\Documents and Settings\$USERNAME\My Documents\Eternal Lands\updates\1_7_0\maps

The folder is owned by the user so Windows shouldn't complain about files being modified.

The client uses files in the update folder over the ones it finds in the 'normal' EL folder (where you installed the game).