Sign in to follow this  
Miiks

"Small" rostos or ND KF?

"Small" rostos or ND KF?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. "Small" rostos or ND KF?

• ND KF
    • "Small" rostos

There was suggestion about implementing "small" rosto, that would work only when player kills you. Their price would be 1$ from EL shop (~5-6k in game). If they are implemented, ND KF will be disabled and made normal pk map again.

So simple choice. Which option is better?

Edit: Everyone can go to read my, Korrode's and Conavar's opinions (was there also someone else? Can't remember anymore) to "Poll for PKI back in game" -poll :D I really suggest to read the posts there and think this through before voting.

"Small" rostos was Korrode's idea btw.

Main idea in implementing "small" rostos was to make pk active on arenas too (shortened version from "Poll for PKI back in game" -poll :P)

Check the post below too

|

\/

Edited by Miiks

Just quoting the points Entropy made in the other thread, so people have a rough idea what they are voting for..

Because people rarely lose rostos regarding of the cost.

The rostos are 1 USD on the PK server, and I sell maybe 20 in a month, if that.

It's possible that if rosto were cheaper people would take much bigger risks and lose more... but nonetheless, i do understand your concern...

Since you're currently not getting any rosto sales from PK deaths anyway, would you consider making another kind of stone that works as a rostogol does but only in PK maps/areas and costs US$1 at the shop? ...and implement the idea with that stone?

No, but I could consider one that works only when you are killed by a player directly.

kk sounds good... would it include being killed by an opponents magic and summons?

I don't know, have to see if it is technically possible to do that (without a lot of extra work).

And stuff like mines and poison won't count, so it will be a good idea to carry a real rosto with you, just in case (if you have both, the small rosto will be taken away if killed by a player).

voted no : see other thread for reasons :P

"Small" rostos was Kadlub's idea btw.

What a lie :o

Oops true... You just suggested to make rostos 1$... It was Korrode's idea :D I'll correct it right now.

Make rostogols 1$, make KF droppable, let people get pki only from the ones with rosto, winner of month gets 100kgcs

So everybody is happy :>

-Kaddy

That was my idea :>

actually i suggested to make rostos $1 (see first page :o ) Kad added suggestion for ppl to only lose pki when dying with rosto, to fix the abuse of the system.

If "small rosto" would work in all (or selected) pk maps other than KF (and arenas), then yes.

If it's introduction means no ND KF, then no.

For those who say they are lacking a thrill of former pk with drops -> TD awaits you :o

My suggestion is - make a part of KF (1/3 of the map) single combat , that will cause pk to be more active than ever before.

If "small rosto" would work in all (or selected) pk maps other than KF (and arenas), then yes.

This is a point...

@Radu

If the vote remains in favor of PK for babies (sorry i couldn't resist :o ) can we still have the small rosto, still have PKi only being lost when a small rosto is poofed, and that way maybe the grown ups can play at NCa and the kids can go KF?

I'd prefer KF staying ND. I don't PK, but I happen to go there from time to time to fool around. The moment I start losing my begged-from-Molime-tailored-outfit while doing it... I will rather stick to Isla Prima. Not going to pay 5k gc for giving others possibility of killing me.

hai der.

voted yes(and yes i read the thread), my reason: simply any expensive pk is fail

cheap pk with drops is the answer to make the el pk scene grow

edit: btw i currently dont pk but i used to...

Edited by AudioSlave

@Radu

If the vote remains in favor of PK for babies (sorry i couldn't resist :o ) can we still have the small rosto, still have PKi only being lost when a small rosto is poofed, and that way maybe the grown ups can play at NCa and the kids can go KF?

If people buy 500 of them (in advance), then yeah.

maybe the grown ups can play at NCa

They can surely do it now, don't they ? They're just cheap and prefer to hang out in no drop KF to gangbang pk babies :o:D

They can surely do it now, don't they ? They're just cheap and prefer to hang out in no drop KF to gangbang pk babies :P:medieval:

That's the problem. It's not fun to gangbang people and even less fun to be gangbanged. That's why arenas should be made active again or make part of KF single combat. Both ways are fine for me, but atm KF is not fun at all. It's just one big gangrape fest.

They can surely do it now, don't they ? They're just cheap and prefer to hang out in no drop KF to gangbang pk babies :P:medieval:

That's the problem. It's not fun to gangbang people and even less fun to be gangbanged. That's why arenas should be made active again or make part of KF single combat. Both ways are fine for me, but atm KF is not fun at all. It's just one big gangrape fest.

I honestly don't see much difference when you are in KF and you have 5 people on you, or when you are in NC and you are fighting 1 person (but 4 people now waiting to catch your dis/flee.and usually trying to harm/MD you).

Leave KF no-drop, and if you want fighting in arena's...suck it up, and use rost's.

I honestly don't see much difference when you are in KF and you have 5 people on you, or when you are in NC and you are fighting 1 person (but 4 people now waiting to catch your dis/flee.and usually trying to harm/MD you).

There is big difference. You can actually last more than 10 seconds, when there is just one person hitting you at once. In KF there is always 5-10 people on you, so it's impossible to kill or even make anyone flee, since you don't last that long. Dis / tele is easier in KF, but that is also one problem: It was always more exiting to fight on arena and see if you can get out alive. In KF you can be almost sure that you won't die, so the thrill is away. So yes there is big difference for me.

Leave KF no-drop, and if you want fighting in arena's...suck it up, and use rost's.

Yes I'd sure pk on arena if there was other PKers in there. But atm everyone are gangraping each others in KF, so there's no one to pk at arena.

And as the has been suggested many times, solution would be to make single combat arena or area to KF, so everyone would be happy.

would be also be interesting if we can rotate like, one week ND in KF, one week no drop in NCa would tht be a possible solution?

And to small rostos i didnt vote yet but ill prob say ''yes''

Once again let's change the game instead of our attitudes, right?

Rofl you can be sure it's easier to change the game than people's attitudes.

would be also be interesting if we can rotate like, one week ND in KF, one week no drop in NCa would tht be a possible solution?

That's pr0 idea too :P

Edited by Miiks

Is it just me who misses the logic of this post :P

voted yes(and yes i read the thread), my reason: simply any expensive pk is fail

With an extra 5kish on top of the cost players use now for srs/he's/armour etc wouldnt that make PK MORE expensive not less ?

cheap pk with drops is the answer to make the el pk scene grow

edit: btw i currently dont pk but i used to...

And the drops would come from where ? Since people are using the new 5k rosto

Edited by conavar

tbh from since pk was still active till now there have been too much changes to find a good solution to get pk more active.

pk is fun when you get drops and make some profit out of it, but in order to pk (and get drops) you need stuff thats good enough to pk with, and cheap enough to not care about losing it. thats how it used to be.

but now with rosto and armors/weapons which costs like ~500k or more if you have magic items, so no1 wants to risk losing it, since it probably takes weeks to get that.

it's like the ending of the movie House of Nine, 9 people trapped in a house.. last man standing gets millions of dollars, eventually 1 is left and is allowed to leave, walks right into another house with the same game - last man standing gets to leave, but those ppl got the millions from the previous round and all hug it not killing eachother cause they fear losing their $.

my guess is that there are 2 options:

1: the game focuses less on money sinks, making items cheaper so people dont care (much) about losing it, and remove rosto with it.

or 2: everyone just accepts most things in game are a money sink and go pk more often. (thats working out great now aint it?)

-Hardcore/Sqwurl

Edited by Boedha

Removing ND KF wouldn't be a bad thing.. Atm theres nothing to gain from PK, unlike the old times where there was.. Everything is based on KF now, and it shouldn't be. Theres plenty of other PK maps that can/should be used.. NC was also a very fun place to PK, and people could come and watch if they wanted. (Better atmosfear than now, people kill you just for the sake of it, eve if they don't get PKi, and 1 hit/harm you.) It's just making it worse.

I'd prefer it to go back to small rosto + big rosto.. And then a NDD/Invasion on the weekends (Around ~14 months ago) then there was alot of PK, and stuff for others to do if they didn't want it.

Remove PKi for good, and let people PK just for the fun of PK.

[i havn't voted yet.]

#Edit - It's been said alot, but with the introduction of attribute caps, I think there needs to be a serious re-think on the power of these 'special items' [Jagged Saber of Cooling, Steel Greaves of Ubber Defense]... They're far too poweful, and make PK alot less fun.. And more about $/GC/Luck.. And thats not what PK is about.

Edited by Liquid

I accepted, that many in this game is money sink and i have no problem with it :P

Anyway i will avoid PK areas as much as i can, without regard of ND/rostos/cheap or expensive armor simply because i do not like the PK idea at all. There are more interesting things in this game than simply hurt others :medieval:

Agree with what Boedha said, for 110%.

But if I got to chose, I'd chose for 'small rostos' definately. I always liked sitting at Nc arena.