Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Segor

Stats Pages

The PK Server is about to have it's 1st Year Old Celebration and a couple people that I had the chance to talk to also think that it would be nice to have stats/top players pages like the main server does.

Would drive some people to work a bit harder to get some more levels and go up in the ranks;

Would reward those playing to keep the PK Server alive and kicking;

Would help to increase PK as players would get a better idea of who is closer to their A/D;

What is your oppinion on this?

Segor

MAD Guildmaster

I've always wanted ranking pages. As a non-PKer, I don't really care if people know my stats. Even on main, I've never had privacy on.

If it were a poll, I'd vote: yes.

I am up for a stats page

It gives you an insentive

I think it would be a cool idea

would also give people a chance to see how we are doing over here

It would be a great way to celabrate end of the Pk servers first year

handyman

I think it would only work if you have 3 options on it. 1) Show all stats. 2) Hide all stats. 3) Hide a/d stats, show others.

Cause lets face it, if you're not up in the 90s a/d but do train you're not gonna want people to know. Person A hides his stats but gets to know mine? No way, I'm gonna hide mine too.

I think it would only work if you have 3 options on it. 1) Show all stats. 2) Hide all stats. 3) Hide a/d stats, show others.

Cause lets face it, if you're not up in the 90s a/d but do train you're not gonna want people to know. Person A hides his stats but gets to know mine? No way, I'm gonna hide mine too.

I never had problems with the stats, but that probably because I was never a hardcore fighter/pker. nowadays I think I have privacy on just to have people PM me before they try to add me. That can be a bit annoying.

I would set privacy off with a stats page, give one or two players a goal other than A/D cap or Magic 49/50

Ideally, I'd like to see just a top five or ten ranking, no stats. Since radu is eliminating pki, attack and defense might just become a list of those who have reached 100, but that's cool too. Ranking among the 100s could be done with regular tournaments and winners announced.

If it is a question of all or nothing, I have no problem with people seeing my stats.

And you're right, this would be incentive. I know right now where the #1 slot in the potioner rank is, and dammit, segor! Don't you ever get sick?

And you're right, this would be incentive. I know right now where the #1 slot in the potioner rank is, and dammit, segor! Don't you ever get sick?

Work doesn't give me much chance to keep leveling potion, as I need to harvest a lot for Segor's alchemy classes. Just keep pushing those levels and if the seasons spirit brings us the joy of rank pages you might be in that #1 Potion spot :P

I would set privacy off with a stats page, give one or two players a goal other than A/D cap or Magic 49/50

That could still work if we had an option to show all stats except A/D. I'm just trying to avoid this going through and then having 85% of the names you click on come up blank. That would be annoying and a let down to anyone looking into the PK server.

There's really two parts to this, and if we have a poll we'll need to be clear.

1. There's the top-X list (top-20, top-100, etc).

2. There's the individual stats page (what you get when you click on a name in the top-x list or the who's-online list). Currently these point to your main char's stats (if you have one).

Personally, I'd just be happy with #1 (top-x). I agree #2 would be nice, and I can see what people mean by wanting to hide just the a/d on that page so everyone doesn't turn privacy on and hide it all.

Or just work it so a/d only shows when players reach the cap but all other stats show as normal

I dont know what work is involved to do all this but if Ent already has a program for stats page it might be alot of work to make to many alterations

If Ent has read this maybe he could give us some options on what we have already metioned or set us a poll on what he would be prepaird to do

thanks

Handyman