Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chr0nik

Kusamura Jungle

@ Cruella: It's not just about the numbers, or the stopclock: It's about the convenience, play-for-me button, the total lack of even knowing this existed and was not approved or wanted or asked for by ent and roja. As was pointed out, something can be further from storage but just too conveninet. Convenience is not always about time.

Last time I checked, it wasn't convenient to be eaten by leonard while harvesting <insert random harvestable> in KJ.

Edited by GerbilD

Last time I checked, it wasn't convenient to be eaten by leonard while harvesting <insert random harvestable> in KJ.

It's really not that bad ... I was in Kusamura really often (that means for many many hours) and got eaten only 2 times :evilgrin:

I think that this "threat" is not that bad.

@lordchron, goodday2die, etc: I don't recall a dev asking for opinions, or an official poll put up. I can guarantee you all that repeating yourselves, yelling, yelling louder and longer

No one is yelling, Aislinn.

@lordchron, goodday2die, etc: I don't recall a dev asking for opinions, or an official poll put up. I can guarantee you all that repeating yourselves, yelling, yelling louder and longer

No one is yelling, Aislinn.

I disagree although I didn't mean you :evilgrin: (Yes some people are very nicely stating their opinions, I did not mean all people here)

I just want to say, about Aphistolas' point, yes we are going to look at making new convenient spots but there will be a cost, maybe something like a difficult map where you are forced to wear a mm cape/perk, not sure yet. I can guarantee you that they won't be close to storage, at least not intentionally :o We will make new routes, maybe new/additional teleports, probably some "use with" tricks, but again, these will be thought out and not give people the insta-whatever advantage. It really is not going to be as bad as you all are saying. I personally would like to see those "shortcuts" if we put them in, actually "earned" by the player, rather than just word of mouth to every newbie who joins a guild. But we aren't looking to ruin things, but make them better for the big picture. It will be a lot of work but we really think it's worth it.

@ Cruella: It's not just about the numbers, or the stopclock: It's about the convenience, play-for-me button, the total lack of even knowing this existed and was not approved or wanted or asked for by ent and roja. As was pointed out, something can be further from storage but just too conveninet. Convenience is not always about time.

For me it is a game of numbers - if both locations yield same amount of resource per hour, they are equal. Kusa was okay, now Trassian is okay - same amount of silver per hour, no problem. Kusa was preferred location due to a fact that it was less crowded (due to Lenny perhaps), less spammy with harvest event messages, and I have never seen any infamous bagjumpers there. If these three are considered making place more convenient then yes, it was better than other locations. Anyway, we use to say that it doesn't make sense to cry over spilled milk, so good luck with future changes and good night :evilgrin:

@lordchron, goodday2die, etc: I don't recall a dev asking for opinions, or an official poll put up. I can guarantee you all that repeating yourselves, yelling, yelling louder and longer each time you do repeat yourselves, does not make your opinion that you know better what's good for the game than ent or roja a valid point. You know what would make the gave better for you in your opinion, but if insta-essie insta-storage is not what ent/roja want, that is not what EL is going to give.

(1) At what point did I yell? Please point to it specifically. I spent plenty of time and thought into ensuring my opinion got through rather than just another rant, and I find it incredibly insulting and condescending of you to respond in this manner just because I dared speak my mind on what is supposed to be a General Chat forum.

(2) I've posted a whopping 4 times in this thread. 1 asking what KJ is good for now, 1 long post giving my opinion (this is General Chat, opinions are allowed, you've forgotten what forum you're on), and 2 followups directed at specific people who were misinterpreting my point. None were "yelling", and trying to explain something that was misinterpreted is not "repeating yourself", but clarifying. Huge difference.

(3) Those followup clarification posts were shorter, not longer as you exaggerate here. And were hardly louder. Show me otherwise.

(4) The "insta" argument needs to be killed, because holy goddess, it's so wrong. There was nothing "insta" about this boat. So much griping over the boat being next to storage, yet not a peep over the fact that the reason people were using it (iron/silver) was on the other side of KJ.

Put that boat back in, haul 10-20k of iron, then talk about insta-anything. You won't be.

Every single person posting here may not be a dev, but we're human beings, who have invested a lot of time here, and don't deserve this incredibly childish condescending attitude just because we dare speak an opinion. This is General Chat, that's what this forum is for. It's not Suggestions, it's not bugs, it's not "condescension central", it's general chat.

Your attempt to overexaggerate my behavior in this thread is insulting and unwarranted. This is a general chat, no rules were broken, and I would hope to goddess stating your opinion could be done on a GENERAL CHAT forum without a moderator behaving in such an inappropriately condescending manner in response. Condescension breeds nothing but ill will. Check it at the door, please.

Funny, I found your posts to be exactly the same. You reap what you sow.

If that's the case, then I'll ask you to be specific so that I can correct my error. As my previous posts were about the subject of the thread, not you, I'm having a hard time believing they were condescending to you. But I'll give you the benefit of a doubt, please tell me where stating my opinion on this issue was out of line in a general chat forum so that I can better word myself so the actual opinion on the subject gets through instead.

My intention in those posts, however, was just to state my opinion and give something to discuss... whether we actually have any say or not. It's a General Chat, just because we can't have any say in the matter doesn't mean we can't discuss it anyway. That's chat.

Edited by GoodDay2Die

moving the silver a little bit down the map doens't change or fix the problem. Autowalk to boat, click boat, voila storage.

Yes but, adding more clicks between resources and storage doesn't make the game more challenging, or interesting, or exciting... it's just more tedious and boring.

hmmm

im taking a break from EL for awhile ( obviously nothing to do with a boat in Kusa ) , but it does make me realise how important ( or not ) a boat in Kusa is in the grand scheme of things.

Theres lots of other places to go mine silver , I bet even MM was similar in length of time to get to and from sto ( i harvested 100k of the shit there and it wasnt too bad )

Im looking forward to logging into EL again later in 2009 and having to look for new spots to mine st00f, but in the mean time I suppose someone has got to be concerned on my behalf about little things LOL

BTW how will this affect THE ECONOMY ?!?!?!??! RAAAAAAAWRRRRRRRR

Actually, Acelon (I think? Someone who "can" do it if not him, not 100% sure who said it) said somewhere else on the forum that they were wanting to move the PV storage because it was always so crowded in that small location.

If that had happened already, this may have never become an issue as it would take storage away from the boat.

(Er, and so it's not misinterpreted, this is not an attempt to attack or blame Acelon or whoever it was, as they never said it was going to happen soon or possibly at all. Just thought it relevant to mention since the issue of the location of the storage to the boat seems to be the big issue.)

Edited by GoodDay2Die

c'mon guys and gals, lets be nice to each other :evilgrin:

its indeed new information for me, that the devs and admins of this game dont know about the secrets and shortcuts on the maps of this game, since i had the impression that everything is 'under control'.

As a side note i already posted the convenience of KJ at detail 3 months ago here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...5784&st=126

of course i dont mention the 'secret' boat here, since the game rules forbid talking about secrets afaik.

I suppose that everyone knows the circumstances of harvesting iron and silver in DP CC, so if its not going worse than that, i'm not in fear :o

after all, its a game and we should have fun together :whistle:

best regards,

Gilrain

of course i dont mention the 'secret' boat here, since the game rules forbid talking about secrets afaik.

I'd question this even being a secret. Places where you have to click odd things or "use with" something, yes. But consider, you're taught on Isla Prima how to use boats. As you explore new maps, you click boats since you learned this. Some don't do anything, but others work just like the ones on IP. These boats being "used" are an established part of the game.

This boat is used the same way, so I question it's being labeled a secret since it works no different than other boats. Unlike, well, no examples to give publicly, but other "real" secrets which require clicking on odd items or "use with" something that, in ordinary gameplay make not-so-much sense.

May have been secret to the devs, but not to the average user when they explore the map and see, hey, it works/worked, just like any other boat.

Roja, good ole' Trassian that everyone knows and uses is faster than Kusa was (after moving silveer further south), despite of more map changes (which is actually not true if you use Isca sto, not Glac). So much for secrets :P. My guess is that those who were using Kusa simply liked it because it was less crowded than Trassian cave and because there was always that thrill of Leo coming at night ;-) Plus perhaps they just liked to row a boat rather than map change :)

Are you always so eager to upset folks? I've read alot of your posts, and it seems you are.

Why do you think it was made for harvesters ? Have you never met trainers in kusamura ?

There are other places to harvest iron/silver, so how can this screw gameplay ? oooh i know ... it screws afk harvesting :)

Have you ever afk harvested iron? It's so low on the harvesting requirement that it takes no time. You can't afk mapwalk/map change. Not w/o doing some illegal stuff. I have seen trainers & hunters in Kusa. Hunters for Leo and trainers on pandas, panthers and lions. Spend much time in Kusa, Groomsh? As one of the titanium cave mascots, I do. Not just in the cave. I've explored Kusa's secrets. Fought in the PK map. Harvested iron, silver, coal, yew, poison ivy. Fought creatures then hit the fast heal spot for a few.

Theres lots of other places to go mine silver , I bet even MM was similar in length of time to get to and from sto ( i harvested 100k of the shit there and it wasnt too bad )

BTW how will this affect THE ECONOMY ?!?!?!??! RAAAAAAAWRRRRRRRR

Get back here mister!!!!!!!!!!! If it's for the Economy, let's go!!! MM has a boat?????

But until then we don't want to leave "cheats" in the game that were never meant to be there either. So we think it's better to remove them.

Will all the boats be removed? Bethel, MM, PV, etc? I don't mean the big map boats.

Edited by Spleenie

for me, the kusa <-> pv boat didn't have anything to do with convenience.

i much prefer to harv on maps that are outdoors (EVEN with the possibility of a Lenny attack). :P i like the (normally) sunny maps like kj, and maps like the iscal/trassian cave i PREFER not to use because they are gloomy as hell.

maybe seasonal affective disorder affects el characters too? :) no, just kidding, i just wanted to post a totally different reason for vouching for and liking the harv spots outside. :)

The numbers are :

* a trip KJ Silver - PV Storage - 60 seconds (walk 56 seconds, I assume 2 seconds for map change, and 2 seconds get to sto and open it)

* a trip Trass Silver - Glacmor Storage - 64 seconds (measured a minute ago)

So 4 seconds is THAT important that causes this shortcut to be considered a cheat?

MM cave to MM sto is 1 min 45 seconds, btw.

The numbers are :

* a trip KJ Silver - PV Storage - 60 seconds (walk 56 seconds, I assume 2 seconds for map change, and 2 seconds get to sto and open it)

So 4 seconds is THAT important that causes this shortcut to be considered a cheat?

oh no !!!!! that means for 100k silver ore I lost a whole 41 seconds per trip !!!!!!! **SCREAMS OF MENTAL ANGUISH**

Me thinks that having mules in the game have caused re-evaluation of resource locations.

I remember reading a post about the lack of people using C2 maps and asking for suggestions about making them more attractive to go to. The majority of responses dealt with having more resources and storages on the maps.

Will this also affect schools close to storage?

its indeed new information for me, that the devs and admins of this game dont know about the secrets and shortcuts on the maps of this game, since i had the impression that everything is 'under control'.

Some devs and admins of the game knew about it, but me and Roja didn't know.

Shit like this happens in any team or organization that has enough people, not everyone is going to know everything others are doing, especially if it is done in a sneaky way.

The numbers are :

oh no !!!!! that means for 100k silver ore I lost a whole 41 seconds per trip !!!!!!! **SCREAMS OF MENTAL ANGUISH**

CC iron ore to DP sto is 1 min 30 sec, w/o tele'ing across the river, 30 seconds longer than then iron in KJ would take to PV sto from the boat.

Edited by DinkyDee