Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WarAxe

Yes OR NO to PKI?

I asked Ent what i can do to get pki back and he stated he is willing to give it back ONLY if a poll shows people want it back .... Please dont vote if you dont intend on pking....

Guest Trojan_Knight

I need click click to vote.. wtf? How vote w/ out poll, I forget :icon13:

~~> me <~~ :P

I would vote no as pki does not register if I am not engaged in combat, so I was only losing pki, never winning any.

But I really dont care if I have the largest negitive pki in game

I wouldn't vote.

I think there's benefits and downfalls to it, probably an even amount of each, and i personally don't care about it... ;p

Persoanally I like how it is now

The #PKI command still works so I can check my score,win/loss ratio and its a nice personal record, I dont need to compare myself to others so for me a table is not needed, and as shown to easy to abuse.

But maybe if the table was re-introduced it and everyones pk scores should be reset to zero every few months

Yes, maybe reset them every month, this way people would be less likely to cheat, and you won't have to worry too much about your PKI.

yes , reset PKI every once in awhile, sounds good !

Umbrena took all my PKI in the first 2 days of ND KF anyway LOL

Maybe if PKI brought some kind of benefict to the player it would be worth something...

Bragging rights don't come with PKI, whoever likes to brag will do it with positive or negative PKI and still yell they are the greatest because they did something 3 years ago that was awesome (at least for them).

There must be maybe 3 people on the PK Server with positive PKI and there's no reason for them to be happy for it. If it was negative their character would be exactly the same, as well as their storage and NPC trading prices.

Maybe if PKI brought some kind of benefict to the player it would be worth something...

People abused the PKi system when it ment nothing but bragging rights, and a place on a league table, giving any kind of benifit would just make the problem 100% worse

People abused the PKi system when it ment nothing but bragging rights, and a place on a league table, giving any kind of benifit would just make the problem 100% worse

I fully agree with you, but not all questions have a simple answer, I was only stating an oppinion. There will always be someone out there trying to take advantage of something.

Every PK kill/death on my counter has a reason to be there and none of them are related with PKI, at least from the times I engaged in combat.

wel i vote yes whe can give it another shot maybe if every1 start with 0.0 pki again its fair and every1 has a change to get in the top 50 of the list again

If you reset it once a month, you could get keep the highest 5 or lowest 5 (or whatever amount you want) and put them up in some sort of historical chart:

e.g.

The Month of Nimlos:

Top 'x'

etc.

Lowest 'x'

1. MagpieLee

etc.

And maybe some sort of small incentive to the top PKi scorers.

Yes, Absolutely, had there been a poll, I would've voted NO!

No - all a good pki does is prove one's willingness to pwn every n00b he sees. If you only got pki for fights within 10 combat levels or so it might mean something.

Yes, maybe reset them every month, this way people would be less likely to cheat, and you won't have to worry too much about your PKI.

Would be great :P

If there was a poll, I'd vote yes, and investigate ways to curb abuse. I like the yardstick--an ongoing yardstick, not just the flavor of the month.