Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Instances, first public test

Imagine Zeddi being a/d 60's and magic 70+, he can enter an instance, designed for 60's a/d fighters and beat all the damn waves alone.

Lol, not gonna happen.

I'd imagine most things around the sixties-seventies level would be more or less instantly killable by two or three of those harms, or am I grossly misinformed?

Depends on hp I guess. Afaik creatures from instances have higher hp than comparable normal creatures.

I'd imagine most things around the sixties-seventies level would be more or less instantly killable by two or three of those harms, or am I grossly misinformed?

Those creatures have their a/d, armor, hp and weapons much higher than level 60-70 creatures.

Don't people with magic >70 who call themselves mages usually have +130 harm? :S

Not at 70'ish, from what i know you'l need to be close or even over mag. 80 and i dont think harm will be the most tactical spell in an instance, 1 harm takes 8 essy's. Emu with sr's (emp's) will be 18 and building a mage char includes having not too much p/c, so emu will be low or you must be completely negged out.

For me the damage i do is still to important in the rest of the game, therefor i work on rat. more than emu.

Hearing more about the instances i must agree with Radu, mages wont be of much use in "higher" instances. So i'l just wait till there will be one for my own lvl. and the game being in progress we can always see what will happen then..

I'm sure if a strong mage with a/d at lower limit prooves to be too strong there will/might be some adjustments. Else we (mages) will be of very much use then :hiya: and maybe more players will see the skill is of as much fun as just a/d training

Edited by Zeddicul

Ok here some pics from the new instances advaced version for ppl with ad 80-100:

InterenceTest0001f4c8a_thumb.jpg

InterenceTest0002e072b_thumb.jpg

InterenceTest00032aae7_thumb.jpg

InterenceTest0004061aa_thumb.jpg

works nice so far only no chance to restock is bad, got a lot resyncs too.

Edited by Cyberwulf

I made it so that the waiting time in the isntances can be reduced (or eliminated) with serpent stones and invasion tokens. The changes are on the test server, so please test them.