Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Instances, first public test

Stop whining people.

Its is the most difficult instance. Like the Nightmare setting in any other game. It is supposed to be very difficult. Yet it is doable as we proved last night.

On top of that the prices of the end bosses are really good.

They should not be obtained easily imo.

Furthermore...even if you cant finish the instance you will still make a lot of gc + scales etc. from the other monsters, so you wont leave empty handed at all.

Edited by Ambrosius

Stop whining people.

Its is the most difficult instance. Like the Nightmare setting in any other game. It is supposed to be very difficult. Yet it is doable as we proved last night.

On top of that the prices of the end bosses are really good.

They should not be obtained easily imo.

Furthermore...even if you cant finish the instance you will still make a lot of gc + scales etc. from the other monsters, so you wont leave empty handed at all.

100% correct

Imo people seem to be missing the point, the instance is NOT ment to be able to be finished by EVERY group that goes in

Note: The team that finished it last night wasnt Nine uber pr0s , yes there was Aesop, Asgnny, Ambro , Sia and Jaclaw but the other 4 were myself, Ozmon, Hatch and alberich. So its more about getting the right balance and working as a team than having the Top 10

And I was so disappointed... somewhere i thought to have read that the instance was also accessible for mages lvl70+. But this one wasn't (yet?)

Any idea which instance will have a 2nd check on mag lvl? I mean if a/d isn't matching the required lvl but magic is.

I know most a/d trainers at !~lvl 100 ain't mag 70 or above. and I think, until proven wrong, that i might be some help for fighters.

When it comes to carry capacity, please keep in mind there is more than one type of character. Having bag spawns or something would make it an even playing field.

If you have it so that people must carry in the supplies, here is who you will screw:

Anyone who is not a muscle heavy fighter. This includes summoners, non-fighter mages, archers, heavy vitality and will fighters.

I don't think they should require your guild to be heavy lifters. Have the monsters drop useful things like HE, SR, BR, weapons, arrows and armor if needed.

And I was so disappointed... somewhere i thought to have read that the instance was also accessible for mages lvl70+. But this one wasn't (yet?)

Any idea which instance will have a 2nd check on mag lvl? I mean if a/d isn't matching the required lvl but magic is.

I know most a/d trainers at !~lvl 100 ain't mag 70 or above. and I think, until proven wrong, that i might be some help for fighters.

Initially I wanted to do that, then realized that it will be pointless anyway because you can't carry enough essences with you to make effective use of them.

And the instances were DESIGNED to make it impossible to resupply. You can, however, get a mule or two with you.

Well, we did it :icon8:

Completed the pr0 instance.

It was hard...specially the end bosses. We lost 4 rostos, but the drops made more then up for it tho :P

Hardest part was distributing the supplies, but we took a "mule" with us for extra stuff. We almost ran out at the last endboss but managed to kill it without running out totally.

We used summons aswell, so a summoner can come inhandy.

We didnt have one, but a good archer is probably nice to have aswell.

Our team: Siarato, me, Waraxe, Jaclaw, Tempest, Xarondas

Was good fun :)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk305/x...screen034-1.png

Edited by Ambrosius

A mage can be useful by remote healing bigger summons. Emu load is limiting, but having the summons active longer saves fighter ess I think. With 500 EMU you can carry 100 remote heals (?) which is ~10k hp healed on own monsters (with über mage). Useful?

Initially I wanted to do that, then realized that it will be pointless anyway because you can't carry enough essences with you to make effective use of them.

And the instances were DESIGNED to make it impossible to resupply. You can, however, get a mule or two with you.

Well i was going to give it a try on test with a fighter team.

From what i understood, tactics was the main issue with the instances. IMHO that also includes how you build a team. I think it would be great if there would be checks for several skills.

eg. a+d/200+, magic 70+, summoning 50+ etc.

A mage can be useful by remote healing bigger summons. Emu load is limiting, but having the summons active longer saves fighter ess I think. With 500 EMU you can carry 100 remote heals (?) which is ~10k hp healed on own monsters (with über mage). Useful?

That was the thought behind it, not just being an aggressive mage but also and maybe even mainly healing fighters/summons or even being a mana tank for fighters...

Anyway, i hope future instances wont be limited to a/d checks only, so teams can be build more different and ppl training other skills than the obvious a/d wont have to go into one "below" their lvl.

All the future instances will be limited to A/D only, because they are for fighters. You must have very big balls to expect to be allowed in every single instance just because you have a magic level over 10 or so.

All the future instances will be limited to A/D only, because they are for fighters. You must have very big balls to expect to be allowed in every single instance just because you have a magic level over 10 or so.

So in that case i do have big balls.

I'm not asking for every instance, i am asking to consider making some instance more accesable for ppl who think fighting is not the most important skill for them.

And with a magic lvl higher than my AD and higher than a lot of fighters i think there should be a chance to prove that we can be valuable to fighters as well.

I think i have proven so during invasion where a fighter and me dispatched several dragons and i think some others will agree on that.

I did understand the instance(s) will not be made to be easy, or that every n00b could finish it. I'm not even asking for an easy one. I was only hoping that the different skills would be part of what you called "tactic is a requirement"

So for now i can only hope you will reconsider, not train my a/d too high, wait with taking neg perks and wait for future instances and see what they will bring.

Offcourse not.

Thats imho not the issue either. can any fighter on his own kill such creature?

Tactics, build a group that can get their way trough an instance. Those where your own words. If its all about emu, than get a noob, neg him out and let him join.

If a mage can be very usefull killing an ice dragon with only one fighter, we both had to restock, then i think i can be usefull. I'm not even thinking i can at the 100 a/d instance, i even recall "they are not meant to be easy or even be able to finish" . At test i negged out (as several top fighters also did) to get enough emu. At main i would think twice todo so, but i believe that tactics is not only the way you build a char but also the way you build your group to go into any instance. And not only a mule and some fighters but also ppl with different skills.

Those who finished it on main weren't the least fighters and also used summons, a good mage could heal them so they would last longer.

Instances will be there for that bit of extra thrill i think. atm i go hunting yeti and giants (on my own) just for the thrill and having a break from lvl'ing pure magic. I think these instances will be like that, the fun, thrill w/e you call it. away from the daily stuff you do in these Eternal Lands :D

Well, then you will have to level up another 10 levels or so and you will be able to go to the 80-100 instance.

Saying that, could you give us a hint on how the other instances will be ? 100(110+) 80-100 (big gap imho) and ?

tbh. i am really looking forward for those :D

Its not a PK map, so you can use mines (well people with One perk would have to watch out :))

We havent tested or used them, but go ahead and test it :D

a/d 34/34 :( so it will take some time for il be going to the instances but il sure try it :P

@ Zeddicul and Radu.

Imagine Zeddi being a/d 60's and magic 70+, he can enter an instance, designed for 60's a/d fighters and beat all the damn waves alone. (having a few mules to restock him once in a while, or 2-3 fighters to tank the main damage).

Considering that, I second Zeddicul's idea to make the NPC re-check your stats (ok, make it magic 85 for 100 a/d instance, whatever; summoning 100 and ranging 60-70 (no one has reached that yet but hell, they'd pwn everything when they do), would be a good decision IMO) - more rostos used, since monsters would probably flee from fighters every once in a while and attack rangers/summoners/mages who would be lame enough to not use a diss ring, more gcs leaving the game since they'd need to buy arrows/possibly ess/summ stones from NPCs as well.

Whatever you decide, Radu, I think there's a lot of true in Zeddicul's idea.