Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sywren

PK Server 1 Year Anniversary coming soon!

At the end of this month, the PK server will be one year old. I'd love to make it big. My idea is to plan a whole bunch of activities spread out over about three RL days at the end of the month so that no matter what time of day each of us plays, there will be some fun activity while we're on. (Maybe an event at the start of every new day?)

If you've every had an idea for something fun to try with a small server, here's your chance. All ideas welcome! Obviously, I'll try and hold a couple events, but the more the merrier! Speak up if you have an idea for someone else to execute, and let us know if you're willing to run it yourself.

Some ideas to get us started:

Kill Kaldoon

Hide and seek

Riddle hunts for hyperspace bags

Costume party

Leveled PK tournaments

Capture the Flag

Group dragon hunts

Lottery

Music hour with DJ Gambit

Photo contests

Etc...

Etc...

Etc...

EDIT: FULL UPDATED SCHEDULE OF EVENTS HERE: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47515

Edited by sywren

WTG Sy

Good ideas for some fun.

I will try to host a hide & seek if I have the time during those days (btw wich days are they?)

One thing we could try is a mob drop hunt, individualy or in groups, hunt for an hour and check who got the best loot.

cool idea's

I will help out where i can

will get ReMuS out to play

Also i will post some cryptic questions /stories/codes

Those who crack the code/riddles with get the prizes

It could be a time map and cords you are looking for / or even a secret place / hidden hyper bags etc

With know one hosting invasions no more :devlish::) sniff sniff :( :( Mabe a summoning event or archery contest would be cool

Handy

Maybe we should show off what we have achieved during the year? that would be a best fighter tournament, summoning event etc etc, also see what we still lack.

Even tho I'm still new here, I'll try to help out in any way I can.

Edit: another idea, didn't want to double post:

Why not give events on the main server the prize being a PK-server account? or even several of them?

Edited by DHT

Maybe we should show off what we have achieved during the year? that would be a best fighter tournament, summoning event etc etc, also see what we still lack.

Even tho I'm still new here, I'll try to help out in any way I can.

Edit: another idea, didn't want to double post:

Why not give events on the main server the prize being a PK-server account? or even several of them?

It's been been a looooong time since I've held one of those over there, but you're right. It's about time and it would be great to get some new folks in just before we have some other events.

In the distant past we ran some "PK for a PK character" contests. They're a lot of fun and great advertising. Here's the link to last year's: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40605

I would need a couple donated characters (the more the merrier!) and an equal number of main characters to hide in PK locations on the main server. We can decide on a time within the next two weeks. Once we have the donations and people willing to be PKed, I'll get it on the calendar (Roja usually needs two or three days advance notice) and into the events forum.

The day of the event, hiders go to their favorite PK spot and wait for the killing to begin. It's best to get your character into place and then log on when the event starts. Once you are killed, you get the person's name and give them their prize, a PK character! All levels are welcome.

I will volunteer to donate a new character and be one of the hiders. Can we get a few more?

Idea #2: PK server "Radio Call in Show" (or some other dumb name)

The idea is to allow people to ask questions about the PK server. We can hold it a couple times before the PK character contest and then during. All we have to do is get a few of us over on main in a well-publicized channel (event forum notice? pretty blue spam?) for a few hours to allow people to come over and talk to us about the server. We may be able to find a friendly mod to help us out.

Thoughts? Volunteers?

Edited by sygon

OK, since I'm initiating this whole thing, I royally (yes, royally. If you want to be a princess, you start your own thread) decree that the schedule of anniversary events shall be December 26-29. I believe our official anniversary is the 28th. I'm guessing that many of us have off during these days (winter holidays and vacations), so this should work out. Also, the 27th and 28th is a weekend.

Here's the schedule of events so far. Each event begins either at 0:00 or 3:00 game time. Saturday's events will begin at the first 0:00 game time when most of us are on. I know, that's tricky, but if someone wants to do the calculations, I'll be thrilled. I can't do the math that far ahead.

Friday, December 26th: PK contest on the Main server Prize is a PK character (Cancelled unless another host can be found)

Saturday December 27th:

0:00 Kick off the anniversary celebration with a Summoning Party in IP (OK, there's a back story to this. Those of us who were here the day of the character wipe basically sat around Beam for about 6 hours waiting for the server to restart. Since we all had bear stones, there were quite a few creatures who joined us).

Those interested in polishing off their summoning skills may use this opportunity to show off get experience, others may work on att/def by slaughtering what they can, and others can sit around and giggle every time one of Requiem's Armed Orcs kills someone (or remote heal, your choice).

3:00 CotM Hyperbag Race (Hosted by CotM guild)

0:00 Other event

3:00 Other event

Most of us will be sleeping....

Sunday December 28th:

0:00 Event

3:00 Event

0:00 Team Mob Hunt: (hosted by SyWren or Segor, or both) Entrance fee is 200 gc per character. Join one of two teams, and see which team can get the most loot in 1 hour. Winning team gets the gc (and the loot!) Best loot is given to Kaldoon for the next event.

3:00 Kill Kaldoon (Hosted by Bkc)

Monday December 29th

0:00 Find ReMuS! (Hosted by Handyman)

Any and all times can and will change. Updated version can be found here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47515

Edited by sywren

Thought it would be good to post a list of items we have so far for the Santa's Sack Hyperbag Race :o Donations are still being worked on and may be added later :D but here is the List we have so far :)

Donations so far:

Fast Regeneration Cape

100 Health essies and 50 srs

100 Health essies and 50 srs

Steel Chain, Augpants, boots, steel shield, Frying pan

Tele essies to portals

1 blue tricorn hat

1 blue tricorn hat

1 black scarf

1 black scarf

40 harvest degrade indicators

40 harvest degrade indicators

Vial mold

1 hydro bar

1 seridium bar

10 poisoned caltrops

10 poisoned caltrops

10 c1 rings

10 c2 rings

summoning pack of 50 rat and 50 Rabbit bits & 100 LEs

Weapons pack

5kgc

bronze bar

potion pack

Tin Bar

Medallion Pack

Harvesters Medallion

Damage and Diss Rings

Edited by kit_gw

This list is fantastic! I'm sorry I've been away for a few days. I'm up in DC right now doing the whole family Christmas thing, so I don't plan to be back full time until the 26th.

I've heard in game that some people have a few more events to add, so please post those ideas here. It doesn't have to be big (small events help keep the server talking and active). The idea behind the celebration is just to keep everyone talking and having fun, so that leaves a lot of room for different ideas.

I'm also posting this in the main forum events page, and I'm going to try to get it onto the calendar.

See you all in a couple days! (and Merry Christmas!)

Another note: I'm going to have to scratch the Win A PK character on the main server event on the 26th since I won't have time to plan it. If anyone else is interested in running it, I'll still donate a character (and if I'm online, I can help).

Edited by sywren