Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vangnoz

Hyperspace Bag Spell

*leaves thread open and all suggestions not deleted so everyone can elaborate further on things that will never happen*

*leaves thread open and all suggestions not deleted so everyone can elaborate further on things that will never happen*

Do you know, that there exist fiction books? And people continue write them and read them.

Seems like they all should be burned according to your attitude.

Do you know, that there exist fiction books? And people continue write them and read them.

Seems like they all should be burned according to your attitude.

You know how it looks like?

What about you stop wasting your time and cease fancy, yet silly, attempts to make Aislinn look similar to Spanish Inquisition (nobod expects Spanish Inquisition)? Don't you have some other 'enemies'? Maybe neighbours or... or... imps pissing in your milk.

Edited by Iori

Maybe Aislinn is getting deja vu?

For all those wanting to post about spells to teleport bags into storage...I tentatively suggest you click here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31374

Edit: Yes, seems like the original idea had something to it but got side-tracked suggestions of teleporting bags into #sto

Edited by MagpieLee

I sincerely doubt that anything will ever be able to be poofed right into storage (while one is away from storage). I don't recall that ever being considered seriously, no matter how many times or in what slightly different manner it is presented. Nor any means to make bags safe or identifiable, for that matter My point was why bother to keep suggesting it, or elaborating on the different ways it can be done, if it isn't going to be done? I love fiction and fantasy books, but I thought this section was for serious (non-play-for-me button) suggestions, not fantasy ones.

Edit: Bleh, misread Magpie's comment (thought he meant the "original idea" being the link he posted, although considering others' posts, my comment still stands).

Yes, back to the original suggestion, assuming the equal ability to find the bags exists, I guess it's simply a matter of time/vs gc. I don't see anything particularly wrong with it, but on the other hand don't see a real need for it either. Just something to give options.

So one more fantasy - bag note - item bought from NPCs (so money sink) stockable, maybe even 0 EMU (like gc)

when used (=spend) then the bag the char is standing at is marked and player can write any short description (no bag = item lost)

Anytime anyone open the same bag, the description is shown in bag window or in log so only the player opening the bag can see it.

Only last description is shown/kept. Inserting empty description is description efectively deleted.

When the bag poofs/is emptied, the description is lost too.

so - BJing can work as usual, bag can be renamed and so ... no safety in bags (and yes, evil BJ can take full inv from bag AND leave note "Thank you", "Pwnd!~!~!~" or even "Free st00f" )

but it could be used for contest purposes ("contest bag 123", "find next hint in gypsy tent", ".....AT O...." - part of message - you need collect all parts)

could be used for leaving notes to finders ("PM gilhad please", "this bag is for free use", "I love you")

so using this item would allow to do funny things, would not guarantie anything and would draw GC out of game.

I do not want make new thread about this now, as it maybe was suggested and rejected for good reason, or someone can point, why it is bad idea here anyway, but if this thread is about fantasy anyway .... :devlish:

i think this thread kinda got jacked..

We all know that Hyper bags that tele to storage and what not are horrible ideas that will never be put in game.

the original idea in this thread was a spell that could lock/unlock hyper bags.. and some one mentioned..(even if it was jokingly) revealing hyper bags in a radius around you...

ive posted my thought on this.. but its just ruining a post.. no matter how good or bad it is. if its intended meaning gets forgoten in all the flames and sarcastic remarks and discussion changes..

IMO people should only be allowed to post in suggestions if they have played EL for at least six months -.-

Teleport bag to #sto - only those who are in the game for a week or so can think of such ideas.

Putting a note in a bag (which doesnt make the bag safe in any way) sounds kind of cool tho (you should create a separate thread for this one), I was going to suggest it myself. It would probably be used for contest purposes only, but would give some spice to the game. Leaving a note with "this belongs to player n00bXXX69" doesnt mean you can't take the stuff that's in the bag (tho people who rely on the "community rules" would probably give stuff back), but leaving a note in a bag with treasure "pm me when you claim this, I have another prize for you, signing n00bwhatever" would be cool ;)

IMO people should only be allowed to post in suggestions if they have played EL for at least six months -.-

Teleport bag to #sto - only those who are in the game for a week or so can think of such ideas.

Putting a note in a bag (which doesnt make the bag safe in any way) sounds kind of cool tho (you should create a separate thread for this one), I was going to suggest it myself. It would probably be used for contest purposes only, but would give some spice to the game. Leaving a note with "this belongs to player n00bXXX69" doesnt mean you can't take the stuff that's in the bag (tho people who rely on the "community rules" would probably give stuff back), but leaving a note in a bag with treasure "pm me when you claim this, I have another prize for you, signing n00bwhatever" would be cool ;)

yea indeed good idea, i just used the notes as an expansion idea to bag to storage but i can be indeed used for many other things.

i would maybe make the game to easy indeed if bag to sto was in it, i didn't think of that at the beginning just at the idea of the notes.

Edited by humanalien

This has been suggested and discussed and rejected too.