Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hermit

staff of mage

Considering its for a mage... What about it raising rationality to increase the effectiveness of the magic of the mage? Dunno, just a thought.

Considering its for a mage... What about it raising rationality to increase the effectiveness of the magic of the mage? Dunno, just a thought.

You mean that SoM would burn and drain more mana, when you have higher rationality? O.o Reaally bad idea. It would be just too strong weapon for mages then.

Example: I made a/d 130-140 char dis with SoM once and my a/d was 100's then. Think if I would have had 48 rationality. I would have burned his mana with one drain or burn :pickaxe:

increase the effectiveness of the magic of the mage

160+ harms aren't effective enough?

This would be even worse than 160+ harms, since you couldn't even protect yourself by using MI :pickaxe:

This would be even worse than 160+ harms, since you couldn't even protect yourself by using MI :)

He didn't mean to increase the power of a SoM by one's rationality. He was talking about increasing the rationality of one who is wearing the staff.

Edited by SquE

This would be even worse than 160+ harms, since you couldn't even protect yourself by using MI :D

He didn't mean to increase the power of a SoM by one's rationality. He was talking about increasing the rationality of one who is wearing the staff.

Ah :) Still bad idea B)

Maybe you missed this.. 160+ harm is for those mages that have 48 rationality.. PLUS whatever bonus the SoM would give.. so thats 160. PLUS whatever damage they gained from the boost in rationality from the SoM

so.. like i said.. if someone has 48 rationality and got a boosted affect by using a SoM.. then they have rediculusly powerful spells..

Bad idea.

Edited by jizzy

Who said it's for a mage? It's just a name that describes the use well. Pure fighter weapon to strip mana, which it does well enough atm. If we needed some rationality boosters other than pots, all items could have very rare attribute modifying powers, but this would make everything unstable and attribute caps nearly pointless. Current caps and attribute effects are not just thrown from the hat - add some extra boosters and all formulas in magic would need heavy redoing. And next we'd have The Leather Helm of Ultimate Coordination Boost of Überness Beyond Astral Ownage of Shadowlords that gives +42 coord (and then you'd notice you need reaction/dexterity of minimum 32 to hit a male goblin) Just my opinions.

No, they aren't :/