Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rasool

replacement for ogres...

I'm in a stage where i've started "ogres marathon". i want to know if there is any replacement of ogres for training?

something which gives less exp but more drops or vise versa :P

u cant train on bears till 85 def unlike training on ogres... stay on ogres is best, they are the ones who give the best drops and pro xp at the same time

if ur 70s u can always try armed orcs but they are shit, ogres for life

Just a thought.. but shouldnt there be a monster slightly stronger than a ogre that you could split that long haul on..

ive been on ogres forever.. seems ill still be on them for another.. 20 def lvl's..

i sometimes train on armed orcs or bears for a change.. but ogres are just the best i can train now..

i just wish we had something else.. or more spawns.. lol

u cant train on bears till 85 def unlike training on ogres... stay on ogres is best, they are the ones who give the best drops and pro xp at the same time

if ur 70s u can always try armed orcs but they are shit, ogres for life

O?

Wanna bet

Polar bears maybe.. but, Ogres are still the best.. if they are still a litle too strong than you should try polar bears I think. :P

polar is like 55/50 a/d, ogre is 70/50 ...maybe an 'ok' alternative, but not for inbetween ogre and clops/fluff.

IIRC, the key reason armed orcs are not a good training option is their re-spawn time is significantly longer than ogres.

lowering armed orc respawn, upping their health a bit and maybe slightly lowing their crit rate would do the trick... no?

EDIT: (i realise that's now more of a suggestion to developers than informing players of an existing in-game alternative to ogres :rolleyes: )

Edited by Korrode

You don't give your Stats or Attri anywhere so I don't know how you can expect people to help you to the best of their abilities but you could also try Cyclops(something that hasn't been mentioned yet). They are decent exp and lots of books and ti-long drops.

Neg out and go Cyc. :rolleyes:

edit: oh or you can go train armed orces at EVTR PK caves or some other 'secret' place in Hurquin. There are like 4+ armed orcs at EVTR and 2 armed goblins so even if you use a sword you can get good exp. Then again it is PK, but risking a rosto is worth the extra exp.

Edited by St_Arcane

There are several places to train armed orcs.. c1 and c2. and the majority are not PK :rolleyes:.

btw. im in the same problem so ill post my stats.. i could care less if peeps know them or not.. maybe i can get some suggestions

A/D 69/65

P/C 28/30

W/V 16/10

I have tried training cycs with a weak sword and i can do it.. but the amount of he's/sr's that i use is just ungodly.... im to the point i can take 200 he's and 60 sr's to melinis tripple spawn and stay for hours on end...... i usually leave with 10K+ gc's plus plenty of sword drops..

..so.. on one hand i am tired of ogres and think i could get better experience elsewhere.. and on the other hand.. its very profitable for me to stay on ogres.. b/c of the amount of drops and gc's i get per load.

There are several places to train armed orcs.. c1 and c2. and the majority are not PK :).

btw. im in the same problem so ill post my stats.. i could care less if peeps know them or not.. maybe i can get some suggestions

A/D 69/65

P/C 28/30

W/V 16/10

I have tried training cycs with a weak sword and i can do it.. but the amount of he's/sr's that i use is just ungodly.... im to the point i can take 200 he's and 60 sr's to melinis tripple spawn and stay for hours on end...... i usually leave with 10K+ gc's plus plenty of sword drops..

..so.. on one hand i am tired of ogres and think i could get better experience elsewhere.. and on the other hand.. its very profitable for me to stay on ogres.. b/c of the amount of drops and gc's i get per load.

Ogres, ogres, ogres, more ogres until u get def 68... Then TS down -8 lvls and ogres, ogres, ogres, more ogres until u get def 75... Then TS down -15 lvls and ogres, ogres, ogres, more ogres until you get def 95 and go train fluffs :rolleyes::)

My advice is to enjoy ogres and their drops now, you think training

ogres is marathon-like, just wait for fluffs\feros. At that point you will be

nostalgic for ogres again. If you are getting bored now, wait till a few levels

require the same experience as 0-100ad.

Ogres, ogres, ogres, more ogres until u get def 68... Then TS down -8 lvls and ogres, ogres, ogres, more ogres until u get def 75... Then TS down -15 lvls and ogres, ogres, ogres, more ogres until you get def 95 and go train fluffs :hug::D
Did anyone mention that you need luck to actually be able to TS down? I find the 'wastage' of potions ridiculous sometimes, especially since the effect lasts only a few minutes.

Of course, it's ok if you have loads of gc, but what will you do when this silly side-effect of the potion is removed or changed? And don't say never....it's already been changed once. ;)

Ogres, ogres, ogres, more ogres until u get def 68... Then TS down -8 lvls and ogres, ogres, ogres, more ogres until u get def 75... Then TS down -15 lvls and ogres, ogres, ogres, more ogres until you get def 95 and go train fluffs :hug::D
Did anyone mention that you need luck to actually be able to TS down? I find the 'wastage' of potions ridiculous sometimes, especially since the effect lasts only a few minutes.

Of course, it's ok if you have loads of gc, but what will you do when this silly side-effect of the potion is removed or changed? And don't say never....it's already been changed once. ;)

uhm.. you do realise that by not eating, you can make the TS last for as long as you want it to last right?

My advice would be to occasionally stop training and go hunting. Just grab a good sword and go get mosters 1-2 classes higher than you train on. You'll have fun and exp as well. The game is supposed to be fun so "enjoy now and wait until it get worse" is not the best advice in my opinion ;) Also remember that practically you can switch to higher level monsters 5-10 levels earlier that it is being commonly practiced at a cost of using much more resources (he's and sr's mostly). Also instead of staying on one creature by tsing, use all possible creatures along the road, so instead of ogres-fluffs, go ogres-armed orcs-cycs-fluffs, that is much more fun. I admit is is expensive way but it makes your game experience much more enjoyable.

uhm.. you do realise that by not eating, you can make the TS last for as long as you want it to last right?
What?? ;)

that is just....I don't know what to say.

Well, you're right, I didn't know that. :hug:

What?? ;)

that is just....I don't know what to say.

Well, you're right, I didn't know that. :D

just go on hungerstrike and keep your foodlevel negative. You'll find you'll be able to carry a lot more training supplies to your spawn too. :hug:

I'm in a stage where i've started "ogres marathon". i want to know if there is any replacement of ogres for training?

something which gives less exp but more drops or vise versa ;)

Lions.

Lions? Much lower, spread out thinly over a single large map, and meat-bones-only drops. I don't think they'll work as a substitute. That's less experience per creature (much less since they're so spread out), and worse drops (better ways to get meat and bones, heh). Even combined with kicking leopards, black panthers, and pandas in KJ, the experience will be much lower, and none of those has good drops.

There really isn't any other "good" way to level once you start the ogres. You'll spend a lot of time in various caves kicking them repeatedly... and dealing with the extreme number of spawn stealers and such that come with them due to so many people stuck on them and so few relative spawns. The long time on ogres makes people not-so-nice, or bright.

(Now that I'm hitting clops and a handful of fluffies, I'm really not looking forward to feros since I've heard people are just as bad with them as with the ogre spots.)

GoodDay2Die: I think you've missed the point of the original post. I suppose I could quote it again but I'd rather not.

Anyway, Lions are a decent alternative at least for me. They give me more att exp then def - that alone can make it worthwhile training on if I wanted to even up my a/d gap.

Lions are a good alternative to polar bears and ogres (when you don't have to ts on them), they do less damage and break less.

And what you loose on drops compared to ogres you win by less SRs/HEs usage and less broken armor.

When I trained there was at least one double spawn, doubt this has changed even if it was a long time ago.

GoodDay2Die: I think you've missed the point of the original post. I suppose I could quote it again but I'd rather not.

in fact, not only do i look for altrnatives for A/D training in this range, but also i'm asking why there is such a gap at all. although there are many gaps like this in EL, like the gap in harvest exp between Tree Mushrooms and Turqoise compared to other harvestables...