Eternal Lands Official Forums
Moebius

Feasting Potion vs. Bones

I've seen price of bones raise heavily last month... It's hard to get it under 2.5 gc each. Provided you don't want to "harvest" skellies I just thought:

5 bones = 50 food = 15 gc

1 FP = 50 food = 12-15 gc

So... if bones are going that expensive, should I go back to FP's? Does the cooldown affect so much?

And if respones are affirmative... Is there an IEDP removal stone? ;)

Let's see...

PS: (Mushroom eaters, your oppinion doesn't count, so much venom in your brains made them useless :) ).

I don't eat dead people... but a combination of bones & FP (or FP & toadstools for shroom heads) is probably the best. Cooldown isn't that big an issue. FP cool down in 10 seconds and shrooms/bones have none.

i never thought IEDP people was a worthwhile perk to take, from the second it was implemented. ;) I still think so now, i guess even more-so considering your statements about bone prices.

This depends on how much you value pickpoints. Everybody is always searching for more of these. Pricing between FP/Toadies/bones seems trivial compared to the 'price' of a pickpoint.

Is there an IEDP removal stone? tongue.gif

Yes, get killing those invasion mobs. ;)

5 bones = 50 food * 2.5gc each = 12.5 gc ... so not that different from FPs

And i think that mixing with bones is really the fastest way to mix.

I took IEDP ages ago and never regret it.

edit: i never harvest bones ;)

Edited by groomsh

IEDP is cool. but not needed honestly.. i give thousands of bones away to guildies who have it every week...

but i hear them buying bones for 2.5 each.

feasting pots have served me well for a long time. and honestly. a 10 second cooldown?.. if thats such a big problem for you. i say suck it up . save your pp's and forget IEDP.

and that 10 second cooldown.its normally over by the time i run out of food for mixing anyways. except for mixing higher lvl stuff that take alot of food.

and that 10 second cooldown.its normally over by the time i run out of food for mixing anyways. except for mixing higher lvl stuff that take alot of food.

Try mixing 2k steel bars with FPs and bones and you'll see the difference...

Try mixing 2k steel bars with FPs and bones and you'll see the difference...

when i mix steel bars.. i have to wait.. maybe 3 seconds at MAX. before i mix again..

now that 2 or 3 seconds may add up over time.. but its not such a big difference that i want to waste 3 pp's to eat bones

i'd rather eat shrooms

EDIT: Im not saying people are wrong or anything for eating bones. Just personally i dont see the worth in it.

Edited by jizzy

IEDP is fantastic.

I mix using fruit whenever I have no cooldown, shrooms until I get poisoned, then bones until the poison ends.

So in the calculations above you need to figure in the odd 25 'free food' from fruit. If you mix with POFs, you cannot mix in the odd fruit. POFs whilst they give 50 food, you often waste the odd '5' food points or so.

I tend to use 10% fruit, 60% bones & 30% shrooms.

The cost break down - (10*0.5) + (60*2.5) + (30*1.5) = 200gc

The food units = (10*25) + (60*10) + (30*10) = 1150 units

The 1150 units would take 23 POFs (not counting any food loss due to 45 max) - which is 276 gc even buying POFs at 12gc.

Fruit you can easily find lying about, toads harvesting services will provide for 1.5.

As for the bones - serping PW is surprisingly quick - with the bonus of lots of gc / s2e also!

ie 38% more buy using pofs

(I also have no problems finding bones @ 2.5 or less on ch3)

Yes it is a waste of pp but with a removal stone about - go for it.

One question :

Why an IEDP removal stone ? You dont get PP back from it , and having the perk is not exactly negative , so why would you spend GCs on a perk stone that isnt really a problem ?

You dont get your PP back , you spend them again removing the Perk so you end up with nadda and a big loss of GC ?

Someone fill me in here, im confused about the IEDP removal stone

One question :

Why an IEDP removal stone ? You dont get PP back from it , and having the perk is not exactly negative , so why would you spend GCs on a perk stone that isnt really a problem ?

You dont get your PP back , you spend them again removing the Perk so you end up with nadda and a big loss of GC ?

Someone fill me in here, im confused about the IEDP removal stone

uhm, you do get pps back.

at least the fast regen removal I used gave them back.

One question :

You do get your pp's back, I used one recently for that reason, as you say, it would be pointless if you didn't get the pp back.

As for the original poster. I took IEDP when I first started and again when I reset but that was when bones were 1-1.5gc and I was primarily a mixer. Now the way I play the game has changed, the prices of bones have shot up and I value the pp's more it's really not worth it for me. It really depends how you play the game as to whether it's worth it or not so you have to make that choice yourself but for me personally it no longer is (I loved it when I had it though).

Personally I don't even use FP's because most of the stuff I mix is 25+ food and I hate waiting, just fruit and toads and it serves me well for mixing everything from FE's to indicators to EVTR/Glac rings. :P

I love IEDP. I've never had to buy bones, so idk the price... but I've always thought it was 2gc per? O.o I usually just go on a skeleton killing spree for an entire day, get a few thousand bones, enough to last me for over a month, and that's the end of that hassle for a while.

When I try to use FPs, I run out of food points way too quickly... Especially with HEs, MEs, and Steel bars... I end up waiting maybe 5 seconds between each go... Which does add up, and is pretty annoying ^^'

I use Raz's plan :) 20 fruit and about 60 bones, then all of the ingred for what I'm mixing.. And I'm set :)

Cooked meat ftw!

I actually use FPs, Toads and Cooked Meat. Unless its something that required more then 4/5 food.

I'm usually YouTubing something so those extra few seconds don't really matter.

OOOH sorry my bad, im thinking about the neg perk stones, where you have to have the right amount of PP to give back to the removal of the neg perk , sowwy

I prefer bread.

I understood what you meant. Bread has a fast cooldown.

P.S. This isn't the unofficial forums.

Edited by popeye

I eat nothing but fruit and toadstools. It's the cheapest food supply out there. I can make my own poison antidotes, and the magic xp I get from casting restoration is an extra bonus too.

I mostly bagmix, so I'll mix with fruit and toads until poisoned, then harvest and mix using just fruit until the poison is gone. Then once my bag is ready to mix everything, I'll go on a poison spree eating toadstools like crazy mixing as fast as I can, using antidotes only when my damage gets to high 20s per hit. I tend to use very few antidotes this way.

FP cooldown really starts to matter when you're trying to mix larger quantities of true sight potions or c2 rings - ~30 food each DOES hurt. I used to have IEDP perk (I've taken it the same day it was implemented) and at the beggining, when bones were cheap eating them was really nice. Now it's hard to buy bones at decent quantities and/or price, and gathering enough for your needs (there were days I was using over 10k a day) is next to impossible.

Now I'm using fruits+toadies for things requiring up to 15 food and FP+toadies for the rest - yup, another toadie eater with poisoned mind here :)

Maybe we can have an NPC that buys/sells bones, to keep the price in certain limits? e.g.: an NPC can buy bones @1 gc each, and sells them @2,7-3 each. So the market between players can flow trought 2,2-2,5 gc each. Over that price, imho, is better to use feastings :pickaxe:

Or we could have a very special place where to harvest bones, e.g. on a big muddle of bones in some hidden cave, obviously far away from storages and maybe of difficult access (strong monsters wandering around?). Depending on how bones will be difficult to harvest we will have the market price (considering that an hour in azaghal castle can give you up to 1000 bones - but you will take out skellies spawns from who need them to train).

Those are only suggestions, of course. I personally "harvest" bones in azaghal castle, when I found it free (very rarely ;P ), or I wander in kusamura to make some bones + raw meat for the feastings. The game now is quite well balanced, until the price of the bones won't break the wall of 3gc each (and this can happen pretty soon): in that case we probably have to do something... :blush:

just my 2 cents :lipssealed:

Maybe we can have an NPC that buys/sells bones, to keep the price in certain limits? e.g.: an NPC can buy bones @1 gc each, and sells them @2,7-3 each. So the market between players can flow trought 2,2-2,5 gc each. Over that price, imho, is better to use feastings :P

Or we could have a very special place where to harvest bones, e.g. on a big muddle of bones in some hidden cave, obviously far away from storages and maybe of difficult access (strong monsters wandering around?). Depending on how bones will be difficult to harvest we will have the market price (considering that an hour in azaghal castle can give you up to 1000 bones - but you will take out skellies spawns from who need them to train).

Those are only suggestions, of course. I personally "harvest" bones in azaghal castle, when I found it free (very rarely ;P ), or I wander in kusamura to make some bones + raw meat for the feastings. The game now is quite well balanced, until the price of the bones won't break the wall of 3gc each (and this can happen pretty soon): in that case we probably have to do something... :)

just my 2 cents B)

Bone buyer/seller doesn't sound like a terribly bad idea IF that npc had a good backstory and a couple of quests to activate the selling/buying.

I'm not certain how you'd "harvest" bones, but then again this game does allow you to harvest dung so... :pickaxe:

oh and thx for sharing with everyone your bone collection place. :lipssealed: (not that I go there anyway)

What I really want is to change bread to 1 EMU. Lowered cooldown from 20 seconds to 10 seconds...then make bread cookable into toast for 15 food and the same cooldown (10 seconds). Then you can mix dung + toast in manu window to produce a 40 food, 20 second cooldown dung toastie. yummy :blush:

I think it won't be bad to give bones to cyclops. People always have asked for higher drops at them and I think it's the most easy way to fix 2 problems without putting more gc in the economy. The bone price will rise anyway in the future.