Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
groomsh

Leo-like NPC thief

Reaally bad idea if it can steal anything from your inv. Sure I'd quit the game if he stole my thermy, BD armor etc. (even char I'm playing atm, doesnt have those items :P).

So there should be some limit how expensive items he can steal.

Reaally bad idea if it can steal anything from your inv. Sure I'd quit the game if he stole my thermy, BD armor etc. (even char I'm playing atm, doesnt have those items :P).

I'd say that the bigger the item is the more difficult stealing it should be, correct? The chance of stealing a plate torso from your inventory should be extremely small, while stealing your MoL would be relatively easy. Just common sense, I'd say.

Whats up ? Now Rayla has retired players havent got anything to bitch about, so we have to invent an ingame thief ?

Rayla stole = Evil Daughter of Satan

Npc thief stole = pr0 idea

:P

and lmao at maybe able to steal a thermal serp etc from your inv

Yes I think its a pr0 idea ..... A pr0 stupid one :whistle:

Reaally bad idea if it can steal anything from your inv. Sure I'd quit the game if he stole my thermy, BD armor etc. (even char I'm playing atm, doesnt have those items :whistle:).

I'd say that the bigger the item is the more difficult stealing it should be, correct? The chance of stealing a plate torso from your inventory should be extremely small, while stealing your MoL would be relatively easy. Just common sense, I'd say.

Hmm yea true, but still there's really expensive items that are pretty small (easy to steal), like JSoC and other magic swords. First people work really hard to get that sword and then some fking thief comes and steals it and someone else gets the sword. So really I don't like this idea this way. The price of item he can steal should be limited to something between 1-5k gc IMO.

Edit: Conas point was really pr0 :P Really wtf?

Edited by Miiks

Hmm yea true, but still there's really expensive items that are pretty small (easy to steal), like JSoC and other magic swords.

Are you kidding me? What makes a sword small thing? I mean...

angelical-sword.jpg

longsword01.big.jpg

I used a plate torso only as an example.

@LightLan

I don't think stealing from moving object should be possible and if it is it should be nearly impossible without being noticed.

@Conavar - yes very constructive :P

@all who are bitching about their precious thermal serp and other $$ (you name it) things to be stolen - it could have a list of items it is ABLE to steal (but i already said it in this thread so you are another one reading one reply and replying with OMFG THIS SUX - selective reading ftw :whistle: )

@Conavar - yes very constructive :whistle:

@all who are bitching about their precious thermal serp and other $$ (you name it) things to be stolen - it could have a list of items it is ABLE to steal (but i already said it in this thread so you are another one reading one reply and replying with OMFG THIS SUX - selective reading ftw :P )

Thermal was just an exmaple. Getting any item, or amount of gc stolen from you, cause you're AFK/not paying attention/mixing in console... just doesn't to add much pleasance (spelling) in the game for me.

If people don't like that, that doesn't require much constructed critism IMO! :P

@all who are bitching about their precious thermal serp and other $$ (you name it) things to be stolen - it could have a list of items it is ABLE to steal (but i already said it in this thread so you are another one reading one reply and replying with OMFG THIS SUX - selective reading ftw :whistle: )

O sorry I didnt think if we hated the idea we had to be constructive

but ok :

The cost of the items stolen is irrelavant, 5k is nothing to some players but to alot to others, this game gives enough chances for players to lose their items ( death bags, breakages) so IMO there isnt any need to add anymore, unless you want to take away a little more fun from the game

Edited by conavar

O sorry I didnt think if we hated the idea we had to be constructive

but ok :

The cost of the items stolen is irrelavant, 5k is nothing to some players but to alot to others, this game gives enough chances for players to lose their items ( death bags, breakages) so IMO there isnt any need to add anymore, unless you want to take away a little more fun from the game

amen to that.

Yes you can have different opinion ... It's your right.

@Conavar - please explain me how is this idea so different from Leonard (which you found pr0) ?

Leo can easily kill most people, it can kill you while AFK, it takes some things from DB - where is the difference between that idea and this "hated" idea ?

Hmm yea true, but still there's really expensive items that are pretty small (easy to steal), like JSoC and other magic swords.

Are you kidding me? What makes a sword small thing? I mean...

Yes it is pretty small item if compared to plates etc. And should be pretty easy to stole too, if it's not on your hand (carrying it on your back etc.)

And anyway even there is 0,000001 % change to lose the sword, it's too high.

@Conavar - please explain me how is this idea so different from Leonard (which you found pr0) ?

Leo can easily kill most people, it can kill you while AFK, it takes some things from DB - where is the difference between that idea and this "hated" idea ?

The differance is with the "thief" idea there is no way to protect yourself, at least with Leo you can train your a/d or if not afk diss/tele from him, this idea takes away all control from the players, which is bad Imo.

Edit: But like I said, how many ways for players to lose their items are needed ?, correct me if im wrong but people play this game for fun not to spend half the time replacing broken/lost/stolen items

Edit2: Does Leo take items though ? I personally have never heard of anyone who has had items stolen by him

Edited by conavar

I hate Leo too.

This idea is hated because it's going into the few places people can safely be on c2 to actually get anything done. Yes, the thought of some lamebrained char coming in and swiping my artificer cape while I'm mixing inside at sto is hated. We're not talking cheapo cape here.

This idea is hated because it will essentially empty c2 completely (at night). Despite Leo, there's people at almost every sto at night. Add this, c2 becomes pretty much barren at night. What exactly would be the point of that, all those maps ending up unused for long periods? Aren't storages and such crowded enough without moving most everyone to c1 regularly? Even the slightest chance of losing something of any value will do just that.

This idea is hated because as conavar said, no protection. You're speaking of a lamebrained char that comes in, swipes stuff, and runs (yup, saw the part about speed hack) so you can't even catch them. Come on.... Get real, get a clue, get something, but you can't possibly think this will add even the remotest sense of "fun" to the game. You're sitting mixing at sto, you have to make a run to the bathroom, you come back to the comp and you're stuff's gone. It's a game, but reality check on the lack of fun on that just because you had to take a wizz.

This idea is hated because as has been repeatedly said, there's already too many ways to lose things in game. We don't need yet another one, let alone one that would be completely beyond our control.

Does that sum up all the objections to this? :P

Edit2: Does Leo take items though ? I personally have never heard of anyone who has had items stolen by him

He ceratinly takes gc's - I have killed him once when a minute before he's got someone hauling from General Store. The kitty had a lot of extra gc's on him. :P

Anyway, an idea is like unpolished gem that needs to be processed to shine :whistle: It is a matter of discussion what, when and how the thief could steal. It could be even few gc's each time but imagine catching him after several hundreds of successful thefts. In my opinion losing gc's, items, life is an inevitable condition for this game to be entertaining and there is nothing like too many ways to lose items in game Also what seems to be a nightmmare for some, creates fun for others, like Lenny did. So I'd suggest to give it idea more consideration before waving omg it sux banner.

This idea is hated because it will essentially empty c2 completely (at night). Despite Leo, there's people at almost every sto at night. Add this, c2 becomes pretty much barren at night. What exactly would be the point of that, all those maps ending up unused for long periods? Aren't storages and such crowded enough without moving most everyone to c1 regularly?

Umm it seems we both play a different game :P

You and few others somehow don't see the possibility to add some limitations to the thief (c'mon do you really think Ent would make it completely without limitations ??)

Thieving skill limitations can be level/stats/skills/environment/time/etc based...

Amount/Type of items stolen on success can also be limited (i'm sure everyone can come up with dozens of ideas/formulas how to limit it)

edit: exactly what Cruella said :whistle:

Edited by groomsh

This idea is hated because it will essentially empty c2 completely (at night). Despite Leo, there's people at almost every sto at night. Add this, c2 becomes pretty much barren at night. What exactly would be the point of that, all those maps ending up unused for long periods? Aren't storages and such crowded enough without moving most everyone to c1 regularly?

Umm it seems we both play a different game :)

You and few others somehow don't see the possibility to add some limitations to the thief (c'mon do you really think Ent would make it completely without limitations ??)

Thieving skill limitations can be level/stats/skills/environment/time/etc based...

Amount/Type of items stolen on success can also be limited (i'm sure everyone can come up with dozens of ideas/formulas how to limit it)

edit: exactly what Cruella said :)

I already saw it from first post, but then people started suggesting that it could be able to steal ANYTHING from your inv.

I think limiting the thief to stealing GC only would be less worrying. :)

I mean it doesn't make sense for him to be stealing heavy items like armour and swords, he is supposed to be a simple pick-pocket. :ph34r: Gold is light (wieghtless here in fact)..would make sense if he is going to be a quick and nimble person.

Okay now when can we get roaming pirate groups on c2? :):laugh: (other than ghrae and his pirate suit ofc) :pinch:

Umm it seems we both play a different game :ph34r:

I think you will find we are posting on the idea as is in your first post and not what it might be with a few limitations added, so dont sue us for not liking the idea as originally posted

As Gerbil said taking only gold might be an option, and as its some sly thief surely it will target ppl who the server has put into afk mode :) before anyone else

:)

Anyway, an idea is like unpolished gem that needs to be processed to shine :laugh:

True ... but a turd is still a turd no matter how much you polish it :pinch: (not aimed at this suggestion in particular btw)

Simply, why?

Why intentionally add a further negative impact to the game in the form of an NPC who can steal your items? I can understand Leonard - though honestly I'd breathe easier if Entropy never came across that Wikipedia page... - but this just seems like another idea to remove players from their gold. Why do we need more complications?

The point is that gold removed in small amounts from many might end up in one player's pocket. That adds thrill to the game and decreases number of "I'm bored" posts on the channels. That's what Leo is nicely doing now (except he should learn to be a better looter).

As Gerbil said taking only gold might be an option, and as its some sly thief surely it will target ppl who the server has put into afk mode :) before anyone else

Too easy to avoid... set "AFK Time" to 0 and server will never set you as AFK...and nobody would willingly type #afk if they thought they might get items stolen...

I really dont like this idea.

No matter what limitations you put on it. its still just another way for peeps to lose stuff. takes fun out of things.

If its lvl based.. then noobs suffer while higher lvls gain.

i cannot see any rational reason for putting this in the game.. its senseless.

I would be pissed if ANYTHING got stolen from me.. even if it wasnt expensive.

and dont say "but you dont understand we can put limitations on it" thats acting like its already gonna go in the game.. and we are just negotiating how.. This idea sux and honestly shouldnt even be concidered..

it will really put a damper on the game.. to say it nicely