Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Segor

Spawned Invasions

Was thinking about invasions and recalled the way some people like to explore the rules.

We had some for MrHide's invasions and this post is just to ask if people want to keep them in use for any spawned invasions.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43271

Of course I expect some people to say I have attacked or someone else has attacked during invasions, just think about why such happened before flamming nonsense.

Hopefully we will have spawned invasions soon under the power of a another deity. ;)

Seems to me that generally (with a very few exceptions) people follow the "no PK during invasions" rule. I would support that rule continuing to remain in effect.

We have seen that those rules will not last very long.

From this I conclude that:

Everyone may decide for themselves. (yeah obvious ;P )

Always nice to know you still think like that.

Don't come complain after if you die again in less than 5 seconds, while fighting a snake. ;)

Edited by Segor

If we are able to have more i will honor the no pk part during invasion np

If however others attack my guildies then i will go after them regardless of invasion or not but its up to them.

Cheers

Gambit

I agree with Gambit.

Of course I expect some people to say I have attacked or someone else has attacked during invasions, just think about why such happened before flamming nonsense.

Segor seems to be proud of killing me with harm while I left his guildy alive the 20+ minutes that he was fighting right next to me... So we know where Segor stands, then why did you create this topic in the first place.

Invasion rules worked well before untill woodeh/liquid and prohibited started to break them and then complained that the invasions were no longer any fun

I will do as always protect the community

So i will agree to follow Invasion rules and only attack those who break them

Prohibited an earlier post by you

What I have seen from invasions is a bunch (300+) monsters spawn at pretty much the same location, plus a bunch (another few hundred) weaker monsters spawn in a somewhat different location. Usually in a pk map so the few times that I am online during an invasion there are stronger people online anyway, so I don't have much of a chance to fully participate.

If you agreed to the set of Invasion rules and stuck by them you would no longer be under threat and be able to enjoy with everyone else so it would not matter if they were in a pk area

Handy

I agree with Gambit.

Segor seems to be proud of killing me with harm while I left his guildy alive the 20+ minutes that he was fighting right next to me... So we know where Segor stands, then why did you create this topic in the first place.

My answer to your question

Invasion rules worked well before untill woodeh/liquid and prohibited started to break them and then complained that the invasions were no longer any fun

I will do as always protect the community

So i will agree to follow Invasion rules and only attack those who break them

I love that rule. For that hour or so everyone came together in fun, or at least to get good experience individually without worrying about the guy next to them.

Then we had an incident and all hell broke out on this rule after that. One person killed someone else. A stronger guild member killed the original PKer. That PKer and his (or her, not naming names, but let's just say it was neither Kit nor I) started picking off all the weaker members of the guild. Prohibited is right in that sense: invasions declined, changed, and ceased to be as great as they were before.

In order for the rule to work, it has to be agreed on by everyone in the server. If there is one guild member who decides that PK is more fun than invasion (not a judgement on that choice, it is the PK server after all), the cycle continues.

Ideally, the rule stands and from here on out, no matter who hates whom or who is red-tagged, or who wants vengeance, each person sucks it up for that hour or so and focuses more on 1.) getting more experience for themselves (UW offers none), and 2.) allowing others their fun for the sake of the server.

Realistically, this isn't going to happen. Even I recognize that and I'm always the great optimist.

Edited by sygon

Get your 'facts' right... This is just bullshit again (we are used to it by now...)

For the record, Gambit attempted to kill me during an invasion, I was not too happy about that because at that time I was not aware of any other 'pk-during-invasion' accidents. When the invasion started I asked on the channel if anyone would attack me or if we could just have fun... Got replied by several people that there would be no attacking from their part. So I guess the 'rules' were still in effect at that time. (Gambit didn't say he wouldn't attack or anything, no harm there) So I got pissed, and in the next invasion I got attacked again and decided to pk one of their allies... I don't see how I "started to break them".

I am really offended by the lies your spread about me and several other people. Therefore I politely ask you to get your facts right.

You could have said that ^v^ guild had broken invasion policies... (Not 100% sure this is correct tho...) Anyway, I didnt make the rules, some other people did. Some of those people broke their own rules.

Edited by ProHibited

I am really offended by the lies your spread about me and several other people. Therefore I politely ask you to get your facts right.

You could have said that ^v^ guild had broken invasion policies... (Not 100% sure this is correct tho...) Anyway, I didnt make the rules, some other people did. Some of those people broke their own rules.

Sob Sob

What lies ??

you started attacking my guild during invasions which to me is breaking the so called rules

Your excuse was i only did it because someone attacked me

B/s you did it because you wanted to so, dont try to come over all innocent

so then as you wanted to be an outlaw to the invasions you were treated as such

Its the pk server so pk if you want to but dont blame others for your actions be like woodeh blame yourself he's proud to be a pk server outlaw

Atleast he dont whine about it

The idea of Segor's post was to give everyone a chance to start over

so if you want to enjoy invasions i suggest you agree not to attack players then you will not be attack either or if someone does attack you then just take it out on that player not the weeker players in the game

easy isnt it

Handy

Edited by handyman

Hey Pro this is i assume the date you speaking of 2008-09-02 review your chat logs i was not logged when you asked and last thing i had to say on subject was

[16:13:37] [Gambit @ 1]: and so you will know anyone in ^v^ i will attack in next invasion as well cant take heat stay away

Now to modern times if no pk ing starts during invasion now then i will not start last 2 were pk free and we fought near each other but i will not hesitate to if provoked by anyone in ^v^ attacking a guildie ;)

I know you were not logged in, no harm to you on that part like I said... But we all get what I meant of course.

During the last invasion I was killed by Segor, so not really a pk-free invasion,,, I did not take revenge or anything for that. Too bad I lost my items, that happens in invasions. But what comes around goes around (correct?).

On subject, I will not 'officially' follow any rule you guys come up with, I will follow my own.

For as long I was not attacked during invasions I did not attack anyone else either. That still stands...

So to handyman, If I am attacked during future invasions I will attack others too. You do exactly the same.

Don't even start about excuses... I don't see my reasoning as an excuse, its just a consequence.

easy isnt it
Edited by ProHibited

During the last invasion I was killed by Segor, so not really a pk-free invasion,,, I did not take revenge or anything for that. Too bad I lost my items, that happens in invasions. But what comes around goes around (correct?).

Told on @1 for someone to tell you to go get your items, if you didn't that was your choice. I never even touched them.

On subject, I will not 'officially' follow any rule you guys come up with, I will follow my own.

For as long I was not attacked during invasions I did not attack anyone else either. That still stands...

So to handyman, If I am attacked during future invasions I will attack others too. You do exactly the same.

Don't even start about excuses... I don't see my reasoning as an excuse, its just a consequence.

easy isnt it

All this talk to say you don't go by anyone else's rules. All this to say you are teh man who knows best. Good for you, it's all I can say.

I've been attacked by woodeh in invasion and killed more than once. Other ^v^ members have attacked Thor members and left the invasions when they were treated the same way.

At a given point, due to ^v^ members behaviour more than one person, from more than one guild, declared on @1 that they would attack ^v^ members on sight, that's why you died in PL invasion when I walked by.

I wanted everyone to post instead of having a Poll to be sure what everyone that plays the PK Server would like to do. I see ^v^ members still like to PK during spawned invasions when they see they are the strongest players online. Expect the same when you aren't the strongest ones on line. ;)

I think I clearly stated where I stand.

Me:

If I am attacked during future invasions I will attack others too.

Segor:

I see ^v^ members still like to PK during spawned invasions when they see they are the strongest players online.

We have reached the bottom, hope we gonna find oil!

Edited by ProHibited

Oh sorry, I posted that I agreed with a statement that Gambit made. I misread what he said.

Gambit:

If however others attack my guildies then i will go after them regardless of invasion or not but its up to them.

I stand by what I said in previous posts here, will only attack if I am attacked DURING invasions. Just to clear that up.

Me and my brother are happy not attacking people as long as others do the same.

it seems as though Woodeh is not planning on honoring this statement, he killed me and RotationZ while we were fighting a GIWS invasion in NC. He claims that his brother never told him about that agreement...just to warn you all. :medieval:

As Prohibited sort of said above, the community never came to a voted decision about if PKing was accepted or not during GIWS invasions. I believe most people refrain from PKing to concentrate on clearing the invasion, and it's clearly more honorable to do that, but it was never voted on.

Oh what is honorable, depends on the persons/guilds.

There is lots of honor in killing someone that is stronger then you, but killing someone that is weaker is usually regarded to be dishonorable. So unless everyone were equal PK-ing is dishonorable for most people at some point. (I get killed by those that are stronger, I kill those that are weaker)

Many words have lost their meaning trough misuse ingame, honor is one of them :medieval:

GIWS Invasions are different to normal invasions that MrHide used to do. He did stuff for all levels, so everyone could join in.. GIWS are Trolls/Cycs/M.Chims/A.Chims.. Not everyone can do those.

it seems as though Woodeh is not planning on honoring this statement, he killed me and RotationZ while we were fighting a GIWS invasion in NC. He claims that his brother never told him about that agreement...just to warn you all. :medieval:

Watch you back during GIWS invasions. Community rules refer only to spawned invasion that used to be held by MrHide and that we hope (if teh god has the time for the PK Server) someone can hold in the near future.

it seems as though Woodeh is not planning on honoring this statement, he killed me and RotationZ while we were fighting a GIWS invasion in NC. He claims that his brother never told him about that agreement...just to warn you all. :happy:

Watch you back during GIWS invasions. Community rules refer only to spawned invasion that used to be held by MrHide and that we hope (if teh god has the time for the PK Server) someone can hold in the near future.

I've always considered GIWS invasions acceptable PK since it's a good chance to bring together some higher level players who are dressed for a fight already anyway. We should have some events when people can expect to get to PK, and in my opinion, GIWS is one of them.

So for clarity sake, I think many of us can agree on the following:

PK during a moderated invasion will result in a very angry server and retribution by the victim's guild members and friends (not to mention the drama...Oh the drama)

PK during GIWS is at the player's discretion. Reactions from the rest of the server will vary.