Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dugur

#pki disabling

Was wondering if it'd be possible to get rid of #pki on account by paying few dollars for the trouble.

So practically make the char not give or take pki and no win/loss stats.

I personally wonder if the #pki system is worth keeping at all. I've known some people to have given away (or sold) #pki to lower their own, in order to take more #pki from enemies, or to lose less when killed. All in all, the system is essentially a mockery of its original intent. Taking a look at the top #pki score list, one can find several people who don't even PK. Some PKers risk life and limb (plus a load of resources) to earn their #pki scores, only to have the system bastardized, undermined, and manipulated by others.

Guest Trojan_Knight

In my opinion.. I don't see the reason for pki other then that of boasting rights.. I think if was to keep, maybe have it be used for something other / more then just something to boast about. It may even be able to used to help the underdog and top pki scoreRs.. For example this may sound stupid, but its a idea.. Have a fraction (set amt of points it takes) in order to gain 1 restore point, then in numbers blank through blank increase the amount in the fraction a slight bit so that the middle area of the two for example. Doesn't gain as much from it as the lowest or highest. Then you could offset that for however you would desire if wanted to place in game for the lower and higher pki scoreRs.. This will either make one of two things occur. Everyone will either want to be the best cuz they gain something from it other then boasting rights. Or maybe they will use the back door of this and abuse it to get the worse score so they have a better "restoration" during training. But regardless, they would have to engage in pk either way to obtain it. :)

Otherwise, if pki is just boasting rights. And if its not to ever be used for anything else. Then I would agree w/ everyone above my post that has posted.

~~> me <~~ :)

the whole thing has been abused anyway...its no fun @ all it it still hold some people from pkin :/

il pay $$ to remove mine ;)

Guest Trojan_Knight
Been suggested before. ;)

EDIT: Here.

There was another, more detailed one by Saint as well.

I tried your clicky, it not work for me :)

~~> me <~~ :)

How about a fee to disable/lock your PKi?

I really don't see why people can't just ignore their counters, though. Doesn't PKi create extra incentive not to die, too? I think the reason behind it was because PKers were unhappy they weren't getting drops. Now, with NDD KF, the only 'material' a PKer gains (unless opponent has rostogol, of course) is PKi.

ye before pki was implanted, i suggested u could buy stuff iwth pki just like in WoW

atm pki is useless and lol @ aislar who is 70 a/d and never pks with 24+ pki... xD

I don't play/PK anymore, although I'd like to comment and say I really did not like PKI system. And even if you do not like it/care about it, it feels wrong to lose it to someone who wants it, and that takes away a bit of fun from PK. Also it stops people from dying, and if everyone tries not to die, there are less kills, and kills is what PK is about. It also causes some frustration for lower levels/PK newbs/spectators who are massacred on sight by higher levels who are after PKI (and strangely never seem to fight anyone their own strength, or always run when they do).

I remember in the old NDD's before PKI (not saying PK sucks now, when I left it was the best it had been in a long time) everyone just ran into KF and kamikazi'd into the biggest, nearest group of hostile PK'ers, because it didn't matter if u died, and after you died you just went back for more. Half the people didn't even bother with Mag Immunity, and almost nobody used diss/tele (on NDD's).

Even if you don't feel like removing PKI, maybe just disable it in KF, and let all other maps give PKI. That way you still have the system/ranking for people who really want to be 'hardcore', and also have the sandbox for the people who just wanna have fun.

edit: hmm reading it over again it looks alot like I'm complaining, but its just meant to be constructive critisism. :P

Edited by St_Arcane

the whole thing has been abused anyway...its no fun @ all it it still hold some people from pkin :/

il pay $$ to remove mine

Pay me 5$ ill wipe all your pki out :P... j/k

yes imo remove pki .. it discourages some ppl from pking :/

Even if you don't feel like removing PKI, maybe just disable it in KF, and let all other maps give PKI. That way you still have the system/ranking for people who really want to be 'hardcore', and also have the sandbox for the people who just wanna have fun.

That would be pr0 :P

Maybe a new stone?

If you got the stone in your inv you wont GAIN and you wont LOSE #PKI?

And maybe a random ..% to break the stone when you kill some one or die.

~Fry

Maybe a new stone?

If you got the stone in your inv you wont GAIN and you wont LOSE #PKI?

And maybe a random ..% to break the stone when you kill some one or die.

~Fry

So at the end we will have 10 type of rosto stones one that protects items, one that perevents losing item one that prevents losing pki etc etc.

Should be a perk there like the skeptic, so you can take the perk or you can keep the ability to loose or gain pki.

ye before pki was implanted, i suggested u could buy stuff iwth pki just like in WoW

atm pki is useless and lol @ aislar who is 70 a/d and never pks with 24+ pki... xD

ye lol, imo ban aislar for abuse like this :pinch:

no just kidding, pki reset + sanction

anyway, we should make things buyable with pki like 2 pk points u get this item, and reset pki once every 2 months. problem is that some people would still abuse and have themselves killed by someone for gc >.<

u know i had 17 pki and started giving it away because i don't feel its worth much in the end... and when u hav e17 pki and get killed by someone 0 pki u lose 0.5+ so maybe its not worth pking to get 0.08 from someone when u lose 0.5 when u die.

I'm not a PKer thus my point of view might be considered invalid. I think, though, that as a person frequently PKed I have rights to express my opinion.

From the very beginning I didn't see much sense in PKi system. With the time it became rather obvious it is used mostly as a substitute of a penis (Look, mine is longer... erm... I have 12 (inches) PKi and your score is negative, loser). Suggestions presented in this thread seem to support the impression I got in past months.

Either way, so far the PKi system doesn't seem to provide any new quality to PKing. The whole system will lose any meaning and sense the very moment people will be able to exclude themselves from it. I don't think that any comment is needed regarding a free possibility of switching it on and off on demand or any way of only not losing PKi.

In my opinon the PKi system is an either-either tradeoff. Either everybody (above some levels as now) or nobody is included in the system. Moreover, everybody should be treated equally.

The issue of buying items with PKi has beem mentioned. I'm absolutely against any suggestion like this one unless it allows for buying temporal blessing enhancing fighters abilities, but only in player vs player fights. Buying anything PK unrelated with PKi points would be not only commonly abused, but also extremely unfair toward all other Eternal Lands players. Well, this issue could be addressed with implementing of a PKi analogue for all other skills so everybody can profit equally from devoting to their favourite activities.

I'm not a PKer thus my point of view might be considered invalid. I think, though, that as a person frequently PKed I have rights to express my opinion.

From the very beginning I didn't see much sense in PKi system. With the time it became rather obvious it is used mostly as a substitute of a penis (Look, mine is longer... erm... I have 12 (inches) PKi and your score is negative, loser). Suggestions presented in this thread seem to support the impression I got in past months.

Either way, so far the PKi system doesn't seem to provide any new quality to PKing. The whole system will lose any meaning and sense the very moment people will be able to exclude themselves from it. I don't think that any comment is needed regarding a free possibility of switching it on and off on demand or any way of only not losing PKi.

In my opinon the PKi system is an either-either tradeoff. Either everybody (above some levels as now) or nobody is included in the system. Moreover, everybody should be treated equally.

The issue of buying items with PKi has beem mentioned. I'm absolutely against any suggestion like this one unless it allows for buying temporal blessing enhancing fighters abilities, but only in player vs player fights. Buying anything PK unrelated with PKi points would be not only commonly abused, but also extremely unfair toward all other Eternal Lands players. Well, this issue could be addressed with implementing of a PKi analogue for all other skills so everybody can profit equally from devoting to their favourite activities.

How would this be extremely unfair towards the all the others Eternal Lands player? If you are going to awnser they dont get a chace to pk or they dont pk so it would be easy gcs or items for those who do. Just stop and think how much resources we use in ~1hour it should equal what you use a whole day worth of mixing st00fs...

So yea imo either remove PKI or just add a NPC that we can buy armors from.

~SenZ

Level up a char enough to give PKI ... go to a secluded PK map ... let you're buddies PK the char .... buddies earn PKI ... buddies buy bonuses.

Pretty soon everyone has to do the same thing in order to even have a chance, as it is people are already abusing PKI just so they can be higher on the rankings.

As a matter of fact not everybody (above some levels) is included in the pki system.

And I assume that's the reason Dugur made this thread in the first place.

Kills made by magic, ranging, summoning or engineering aren't counted. If you choose to pk with one of these skills you can only loose, that's far from 'treated equally'.

So it's only comprehensible to ask for exclusion of this system.

Cause PK'rs aren't allowed to have profits. Rule #1.

lol, so true

even other skills hardly make profits, but thats the point of the game.. work hard/long for gc and spend it in less then a day to do something fun

How would this be extremely unfair towards the all the others Eternal Lands player? If you are going to awnser they dont get a chace to pk or they dont pk so it would be easy gcs or items for those who do. Just stop and think how much resources we use in ~1hour it should equal what you use a whole day worth of mixing st00fs...

So yea imo either remove PKI or just add a NPC that we can buy armors from.

~SenZ

Let's start with Learner's post:

Level up a char enough to give PKI ... go to a secluded PK map ... let you're buddies PK the char .... buddies earn PKI ... buddies buy bonuses.

Pretty soon everyone has to do the same thing in order to even have a chance, as it is people are already abusing PKI just so they can be higher on the rankings.

Let's consider a scenario: 1. PKi are exchangeable for in-game items (let them be combat related, i.e. weapon, armour, essences and potions); 2. It is possible to utilise "Learner's" algorithm. Effects: There is no longer a need to buy aforementioned items from other players thus one is totally selfsufficient doing, actually, nothing. In the very same time all other people who want to be selfsufficient (in any skill) are either forced to be all-rounders or... well, there isn't any other option, actually. Don't you think it's slightly unfair to favour one group of players over all others to this extention?

Cause PK'rs aren't allowed to have profits. Rule #1.

It's either bullshit or demagogy. You choose.

@Alberich

You're absolutely right. I forgot about magic users, rangers and a possibility of using summoned creatures or engineering. My fault.