Eternal Lands Official Forums
handyman

Invisable rats

... the biggest abuse we ever had done in the game by someone who we trusted.
I think abuse is to strong of a word. I think mistake, or poor judgement is more appropriate.

More like a fucking monumental mistake.

I mean, I REALLY, honest to goodness, can't belive he did that. He fucked up the whole economy of very rare stones and gold in the game. And this is only what I know about, who knows how many other billions of gold coins and other rare shit came in the game by his invasions.

As for Liquid, I'll let you have your character back but you need to return the items, including the gold coin.

BTW, I am really thinking of doing a rollback to a month or so ago...

... the biggest abuse we ever had done in the game by someone who we trusted.
I think abuse is to strong of a word. I think mistake, or poor judgement is more appropriate.

More like a fucking monumental mistake.

I mean, I REALLY, honest to goodness, can't belive he did that. He fucked up the whole economy of very rare stones and gold in the game. And this is only what I know about, who knows how many other billions of gold coins and other rare shit came in the game by his invasions.

As for Liquid, I'll let you have your character back but you need to return the items, including the gold coin.

BTW, I am really thinking of doing a rollback to a month or so ago...

Well, due to your last actions on the PK server, and that you still refused to talk to me, i am a little bit scared if this game would turn into a Kindergarten or a Concentration Camp.

It would have been such easy, Radu, you just could have talked to me in game, but no, you refused to do that.

And you even mentioned my name here in that thread, even if we agreed before, that you want the mods separated from the players.

Again, why didnt you talk to me?

And why did you fuck up the pk server, just to choose the language, you might understand?

That is what i get after trying to entertain the PK server for nearly a year?

Just a kick in the ass, and you're not even willing to talk to me?

Thank you.

Thank you very much.

Piper

In light of events I've decided to make my opinion heard. I think spawning any more than 5 invisible rats at a time is a bad idea. The first time it happened I thought it was a bad idea but I figured Mr.Hide knows what he's doing. Was wrong there. The second time it happened I thought this is a very stupid idea. I'm glad Handy posted this and I'm sorry I didn't have the guts to post as soon as it happened. I, personally, didn't feel it was right to tell what amounts to a pk mod not to do what he was doing. Wrong there too. So in summary: I think too much gc in the game is bad. Along with too many stones, tokens. In retrospect we all should have probably acted a bit differently, some of us very differently. I hope we can come to a resolution soon, I'm sorry for any wrong I did and others need to step up be men (or women) about their mistakes and not cause more trouble. Thanks.

I was not here when any of this happened and I'm very confused but i have my opinion to share. From what I read on the forums it looks like there was a problem with invisible shy rats with 60 in one house. Now I cant say I would have reported this if i was here when it happened because I wouldnt have. But lets say this was just 1 huge mistake and go back to what it was like before.

I hope this makes sense cuase whats going through my head right now dosnt

:):mace::):confused:

~Time4u2die~

Due to recent events on the PK Server while I was writting here I will only post this,

I don't care much about what others may think about this and I may need to mention I have no idea of what Radu and The_Piper agreed for the PK Server, but I must give Piper my support on this one.

MrHide has worked hard for the PK Server and he always asked others for help and oppinion on what to do and how to do it. No one can say he wouldn't listen to others.

Massive invisible rat invasions are a problem, yes they are, but if it wasn't for the drop rate of gc all the other items would be almost worthless on this server due to multiplaying. This isn't Main Server v2.0, this is the PK Server, take a look at the rules, the shop items, the character creation and the economy that is almost the opposite to the main server.

I was away yesterday and don't know what happened, usually there would be a big conversation on @1 before any post here. Many things have been worked out that way and more will be in the future for sure.

To Radu, I know you have enough reasons to be displeased with what happen, but you can't give birth to a child, leave it with someone for 10 years and then try to beat him up till he does what you want to. Hope you can be around more often and help out those who like EL's PK Server and give a bit of themselves everyday so it has a life of it's own.

Just a quick update for those of you following along at home....

We've had approximately a one-day rollback (to sometime Sunday, before all of today's events) and Woodeh/Segor have turned over their rat-droppings to Radu so no gain was made.

The main question at this point is what will happen about future invasions (and someone to run them)?

Due to recent events on the PK Server while I was writting here I will only post this,

I don't care much about what others may think about this and I may need to mention I have no idea of what Radu and The_Piper agreed for the PK Server, but I must give Piper my support on this one.

MrHide has worked hard for the PK Server and he always asked others for help and oppinion on what to do and how to do it. No one can say he wouldn't listen to others.

Massive invisible rat invasions are a problem, yes they are, but if it wasn't for the drop rate of gc all the other items would be almost worthless on this server due to multiplaying. This isn't Main Server v2.0, this is the PK Server, take a look at the rules, the shop items, the character creation and the economy that is almost the opposite to the main server.

I was away yesterday and don't know what happened, usually there would be a big conversation on @1 before any post here. Many things have been worked out that way and more will be in the future for sure.

To Radu, I know you have enough reasons to be displeased with what happen, but you can't give birth to a child, leave it with someone for 10 years and then try to beat him up till he does what you want to. Hope you can be around more often and help out those who like EL's PK Server and give a bit of themselves everyday so it has a life of it's own.

I agree 110% with every single word.

MrHide has and will continue to have my respect and deepest appreciation. Those of us who have played this server for a while now have known your alternate identity from the beginning, but it has not, to my knowledge, every been discussed or revealed in any public means. New players have asked, but the response is always "MrHide is MrHide."

It is the unspoken rule of the server that has been respected out of respect for you and your player character.

In my opinion, that respect has not diminished in the least.

I just want to add that Mrhide has been the backbone of this server

I beleive he is the reason why those of us that play are still here

For nearly a year now He has worked hard helping to keep this server together

Offering his wizdom helping sort out problems that occure

The invisable rat thing was a big mistake

Radu you did a good jobs selecting him to watch over this server all these months and untill this incodent he has done a great job

I dont think anyone else would have put in the time or effort that he has

I know the invisable rat incodent is a big thing and i have not had chance to talk to him about it

Look i guess what i am trying to say is we all love the guy and we just hope this can be all sorted out

I dont think you will find anyone on the pk server that will say different

Handyman

I forgot weren't you the guy bitching about liquid's fortune because your jealousy woes with him? and got many other ppl screwed over in the process.. gg >.> i still don't see why you didn't complain when segor got his? even tho he gave some away you still didn't complain, only when yet liquid found them. ;)

I forgot weren't you the guy bitching about liquid's fortune because your jealousy woes with him? and got many other ppl screwed over in the process.. gg >.> i still don't see why you didn't complain when segor got his? even tho he gave some away you still didn't complain, only when yet liquid found them. :brooding:

blah blah blah

As anyone ever considered asking Handyman how and when he got to know about this? I know I haven't, but I know he works on weekends and wasn't online when I found the invaded invisible rats.

btw who are you? were you even around to know anything of this or are just typing because your pal asked you to?

I forgot weren't you the guy bitching about liquid's fortune because your jealousy woes with him? and got many other ppl screwed over in the process.. gg >.> i still don't see why you didn't complain when segor got his? even tho he gave some away you still didn't complain, only when yet liquid found them. :brooding:

Lmao liquid's fan club

I was not there during either invasions and if you try learning to read and get you head out of your ass you would learn

I was not bitching about anything but more asking what is going on and pointing out the problems with such an invasion i dont think i even mentioned liquids name in the original post

This is not about me liquid or segor its about what is best for the server and and making invasion tokens,perk removal stones worthless it not good for this server

Now because of this post all is back to normal, we have had a roll back to before this incident

both perk removal and invasion tokens are now back to how they were and we also now have latest server updates

Problem is solved

Ask anyone that plays pk server well maybe except liquid i think you will find this was the best solution

bigkav honestly

bitching about liquid's fortune because your jealousy

What is the point of this ???? what is there to be jealous about I lost about 100kgc worth of stuff i had made because of the roll back i will just make it again thats the fun of this game

That was more gc than Liquid had got from the invisable rats invasion

I do hope you spend time to read through this thread maybe you might realise some of us do care about this server

Alot more than you flames or sad comments

Handyman

Please don't speak for others. Most of the times you mention 'everyone' or 'the whole server' I strongly disagree with the points made. Thanks.

I have absolutely no idea what happened yesterday on the server to cause this roll back. I just 'lost' the time it costs to make 5k LE and some a/d exp so no big deal for me, but still would like to know what caused it.

Edited by ProHibited

... but still would like to know what caused it.
I will try to summarize the events:

* Radu logged on highly "concerned" about the damage done to the economy by the two invis-rat invasions plus any other possible things he may not be aware of. He was also "upset" with MrHide.

* Opinions were expressed that the damage wasn't to bad, and fixable. The removal stones had little value anyway (to few people need them), the tokens had no value if he stopped trading them for 10Kgc, and the cash (40K to segor and 80K to woodeh) wasn't that much.

* To prove his point about the damage to the economy, he updated the server making lilac bushes harvest 10gc instead of a flower. After all, if a little cash wasn't serious, then a little more wasn't either.

* After further discussion he agreed to do a rollback for a $50 fee. The fee was paid. Radu did a one-day rollback (thus removing the effects of the day).

* Segor and Woodeh turned in their rat droppings from the two invasions.

So other than the probably loss of MrHide invasions, any possible damage from the invasions and resulting discussions has been removed.

If I'm in error on the above, or missed any important points, someone please speak up.

Radu you did a good jobs selecting him to watch over this server all these months and untill this incodent he has done a great job

I know the invisable rat incodent is a big thing and i have not had chance to talk to him about it

Look i guess what i am trying to say is we all love the guy and we just hope this can be all sorted out

Handyman

It's not just a matter of a mistake. I would have been willing to look the other way, had he properly apologized for it. Instead, he decided to act defensive, as though it wasn't a big deal, and as if I was wrong to accuse him of cheating. Maybe in his mind he wasn't cheating, but as I explained to him, that was a blatant abuse of the game system, to perver the hardest to kill monster in such a way that it is the easiest to kill (and give a huge amount of drops to one player).

And, obviously, I am not the only guy who thinks that invading so many invisible rats at once is a really bad idea.

P.S. And not only that he didn't apologize, but he sent me a very nasty PM that I will not reproduce here, and I was very empted to ban him for good from both servers and the forums. It took a high level of restraint to not do that.

It's not just a matter of a mistake...
While I've very sad at the way this has turned out, I understand that at this point it may simply not be recoverable. The question is: now what?

MrHide's invasion were absolutely a high-point in the life of this server. Piper and I (and perhaps others) spent a lot of time talking about how to run them on this server so they would be fun (not frustrating) to the wide range of skill levels present. The maps used, and the placement of the invading monsters was not random, but carefully planned and scripted. And there was another idea or two under development.

There are non PKers on the server that train simply to be able to participate in the invasions. Personally, I used a perk removal stone to get rid of ICD solely because of how much it hurt during invasions on multi-maps. I traded those PPs to be able to enjoy the invasions more.

I realize the ability to run invasions is a high-level mod ability, and that trust is a huge issue in those who are selected to serve in that way. But well-run invasions are simply to important to this server. We need a replacement mod who can help us out.

What is the plan to find/recruit someone who could play (or at least visit) the PK server and run a couple invasions a week plus other little mini-events (things like: there is a yeti hiding in a cave on c1)? (yea, that was a pretty bad run-on sentence)

I'm more than willing to pass on all the lessons learned about PK server invasions (which are very different than those on the main server) to whomever could run them next. That would greatly reduce the learning curve.

Edited by bkc56

Handyman

It's not just a matter of a mistake. I would have been willing to look the other way, had he properly apologized for it. Instead, he decided to act defensive, as though it wasn't a big deal, and as if I was wrong to accuse him of cheating. Maybe in his mind he wasn't cheating, but as I explained to him, that was a blatant abuse of the game system, to perver the hardest to kill monster in such a way that it is the easiest to kill (and give a huge amount of drops to one player).

And, obviously, I am not the only guy who thinks that invading so many invisible rats at once is a really bad idea.

P.S. And not only that he didn't apologize, but he sent me a very nasty PM that I will not reproduce here, and I was very empted to ban him for good from both servers and the forums. It took a high level of restraint to not do that.

I do understand

maybe time will be the healer to this one

I would just like to add at times we all get angry in game and on forums also regret some of the things we say and i guess you really were not happy with what Piper said to you

Maybe when he reads your post and has calmed down he might regret what he has said too

I am not typing all this because i want MrHide back (i dont care about that)

But i do remember The_Piper was there when i first started playing EL all those years ago

And i know you have been good friends

I just hope you two can resolve this

like i said maybe time will be the healer

This will be my last post in this Thread

Handyman

(It might be just a game but the friends we make are real)

What I have seen from invasions is a bunch (300+) monsters spawn at pretty much the same location, plus a bunch (another few hundred) weaker monsters spawn in a somewhat different location. Usually in a pk map so the few times that I am online during an invasion there are stronger people online anyway, so I don't have much of a chance to fully participate.

Perhaps invasions with less monsters, but with a few high level monsters mixed in between the 'regular' monsters. Also invaded monsters on parts that are not pk, besides the low level creatures that are spawned in nordcarn from time to time.

If there wont be more human-controlled invasions perhaps the duration of GIWS invasions (time for last wave to disappear) could be 2 hours orso. I do not really know how frequent GIWS invasions are, but I don't often see them. So perhaps increase the chance for such invasions. This is a dangerous (PK) server after all!

Piper and I (and perhaps others) spent a lot of time talking about how to run them on this server so they would be fun (not frustrating) to the wide range of skill levels present. The maps used, and the placement of the invading monsters was not random, but carefully planned and scripted. And there was another idea or two under development.

So you both thought that 60 invisible rats placed in one inside room is a good idea?

So you both thought that 60 invisible rats placed in one inside room is a good idea?
That one didn't get discussed as may have be clear when I commented on-line about sending Piper an EternalTrivia mail to talk about the rats. In response to a comment you then made I offered to PM you the log to prove it. I hope that refreshes your memory.

I have no idea what would have been discussed since we didn't get the chance.

But rather than trying to explain or defend past stuff, I'd prefer to focus on the future of finding a MrHide replacement.

Not much we can do about the past and the future hasn't yet arrived. So we are left with the present and what to do with this situation.

Most know I only play the PK Server at the moment because I find the Main server boring. Played it for 2+ years and what keeps me playing EL are 2 characters I have for about 6 months. Smaller community, multi-playing, harvesting always looking at the minimap for attacks and multi-map invasions where you can chose where to help according to your levels.

Some of the best moments on the PK Server were during invasions, most of us found out they could take on a stronger MOB because they were invaded around us and we couldn't run. Team work to take down dragons/giants/yeti, death bag rescue, and what everyone called "Old Style invasions" that would get almost everyone active on it, from the strongest to the weakest player.

All I want to say is that PK Server needs invasions from time to time, specially on weekends. It gets people together, keeps them training and the server comes together to help killing all monsters. We need someone to control invasions and get items out of the game as often as possible.

Thank you very much for all your work MrHide, during all these months I've played, I hope we can get a replacement that can be as great as you.

It's not just a matter of a mistake...
While I've very sad at the way this has turned out, I understand that at this point it may simply not be recoverable. The question is: now what?

MrHide's invasion were absolutely a high-point in the life of this server. Piper and I (and perhaps others) spent a lot of time talking about how to run them on this server so they would be fun (not frustrating) to the wide range of skill levels present. The maps used, and the placement of the invading monsters was not random, but carefully planned and scripted. And there was another idea or two under development.

There are non PKers on the server that train simply to be able to participate in the invasions. Personally, I used a perk removal stone to get rid of ICD solely because of how much it hurt during invasions on multi-maps. I traded those PPs to be able to enjoy the invasions more.

I realize the ability to run invasions is a high-level mod ability, and that trust is a huge issue in those who are selected to serve in that way. But well-run invasions are simply to important to this server. We need a replacement mod who can help us out.

What is the plan to find/recruit someone who could play (or at least visit) the PK server and run a couple invasions a week plus other little mini-events (things like: there is a yeti hiding in a cave on c1)? (yea, that was a pretty bad run-on sentence)

I'm more than willing to pass on all the lessons learned about PK server invasions (which are very different than those on the main server) to whomever could run them next. That would greatly reduce the learning curve.

Radu,

I know you're busy. I can see all of the updates and changes being made, but do you think you could run an invasion now and then?

You may find that you enjoy invasions over here. It would provide you with a great opportunity to see how the server is progressing other than forums (which is often a skewed perspective).

Many invasions here are the way they were a year or so ago on the main server where groups of players used strategy and cooperation. I always loved those invasions that you ran in Ida and Bethel because that was the main idea behind them. I think you also enjoyed coming up with new ideas to test our group work.

Your invasions are fun. Could we try a few over here?