Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deneochris

Amber: What to do with this tree sap.

I was exploring, like most people when they are bored. Then I found a large amount of amber; it had no purpose. So I've came up with the few ideas

1) Summoning, Rare, and Powerful creatures.

Reasons? Amber contains mosquitos, mosquitos contain blood, blood contains DNA/Life of an animal.

Excample use. Take 10 amber, refine it (in anyway you deam fit) then get mosquitos/blood/DNA/Life. Gather some bones, meat, ETC. Cast the summoning spell. Get a Dragon, or any other rare creature.

2) Necklaces, Rings, other objects of beauty.

Reasons? Amber is a beautiful golden-brown fossil free resin. Who wouldn't put in jewelery. (It does look nice)

Excample use. Take 3 amber, polish it (Much like a gemstone) then get Polish Amber. Take a mold, gold, etc. Make it and gain an amber necklace, or ring.

3) Enchantment.

Reasons? If you acpect option number two it should be able to be enchanted.

Excample use. Take an amber necklace, some essences, a enchantment stone. Combine, and get a Amber Necklace of Recoil. Or any other enchantment.

4) Engineering

Reasons? Engineering does include building buildings. Though this is far off in the future, building HAVE been made of amber don't believe me? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Room

Excample use. For Engineering in game, none. But in and the map constructer (in the future but closer) details and expensive rooms.

Those are the four reasons I have so far. Discuss

Seeing that enhanced items are coming (as per the new books available), I do agree that amber should be used somehow with these new items. Just make it a high level harvestable :P

We still need uses for the remaining unharvestable harvestables. :rolleyes:

We still need uses for the remaining unharvestable harvestables. :P

Ha, still need uses for harvestable items (beehive). :rolleyes:

Harv 150 is a bit reaching though. With harv points limited to 120 harvs/hour, seeing anyone get anywhere near that before the end of the decade is questionable. The top harvester after all these years is only 126 (as you may be well aware of, bkc56, hehe), which is 255 million harv points away from 150.

At the base dung points, that's 2.46 million dung harvs, or 20,481 hours at dung, which even at 10 sittings a day would be over 2,000 days. And that's just for the top harvester.

Edited by GoodDay2Die

Why is every new item automatically labelled pricey before implementation? I don't see the reasoning behind making it uber hard to get.

(PS: I hope the common player will be able to get horse whistles, too ;) )

Harv 150 is a bit reaching though. With harv points limited to 120 harvs/hour, seeing anyone get anywhere near that before the end of the decade is questionable. The top harvester after all these years is only 126 (as you may be well aware of, bkc56, hehe), which is 255 million harv points away from 150.
But as we learned from Dung, people will harvest things way below the recommended level. It's not a hard limit (like magic) so harvesting things 10, 20 more more levels below the recommended is done all the time.

Perhaps a level of 150 is a bit high, but if something new is going to be rare, it will have to be pretty high. Anything less than 100 will be commonly available (like dung now is).

Of course if it's not suppose to be rare, then the level doesn't matter.

Considering the low number of people who have even hit 100, maybe a harv level of 120 or so at most.

True about the levels. I gave up attempts to dung-harv myself, but was hitting cinnabar long before 75, and such.

The only prob I see with setting stuff higher than dung is the fact that harvesting is the only skill that's bound to a limited amount of points per hour. There's other methods to limit how much gets harved which might serve better, as is seen with swords/gloms. Those would probably be too much of a limit if used for things as suggested above, but I'm sure some other limitation besides high harv level that's not overly limiting could be come up with.

Harv level is only a temporary measure anyway. Price of dung (once 10, now as low as 4-5gc) as more people advanced in level showed that. Yew price dropped like a bomb not long after it was added despite the 80 level. If looking for a way to limit it, the level, and even harv speed, won't do that for long.

Edited by GoodDay2Die

But as we learned from Dung, people will harvest things way below the recommended level. It's not a hard limit (like magic) so harvesting things 10, 20 more more levels below the recommended is done all the time.

Perhaps a level of 150 is a bit high, but if something new is going to be rare, it will have to be pretty high. Anything less than 100 will be commonly available (like dung now is).

Of course if it's not suppose to be rare, then the level doesn't matter.

Hehe good idea, but i think lvl 125 is enoth for the first, at 150 no one can harvest it, or only 2 ore a hour :):P

We have a hole between yew and dung to fill, so maybe level 90 would be enough ?

However, it could require iron broad sword in your inventory to be mined, since apparently the only use for these swords now is to sell them to Trik

Guest Trojan_Knight

I agree w/ the DNA idea for mixing.. Another idea could be to mix it w/ beehives to maybe get some kind of food, whether that food be for creatures or players. Cuz it is tree sap.. couldn't it be melted down back into somewhat liquid form? Fe's or maybe even EFE's.. idk.. up to you.. But good ideas everyone has so far.. Imho I think a harvestable would be somewhere around 110 ish..

~~> me <~~ :pickaxe: