Eternal Lands Official Forums
Rayla1

Apologize

Nobody's buying or selling her st00fs :)

bots still do :P

Not all bots, some people did block him/her from trading with their bots :rolleyes:

Edited by Fryslan

Nobody's buying or selling her st00fs :)

bots still do :P

Not all bots, some people did block him/her from trading with their bots :rolleyes:

Pft your right :)

Good Luck with your guild. You did bag jump me once but you got my decoy I had set up for you. By gones be by gones. Hope to not see your name in here again :P

It's some pretty sad news. The only "evildoer" with more style than all the rest (maybe except of Erstad) is vanishing. Sad news, indeed.

Side note:

Disputes forums will be even more boring now:(

PS.

@ the-pink-horn-n00b

That's why I sincerely dislike any form of 'community rules'. Ostracism ftl.

I agree ;) Was so fun to listen people crying how rayla BJed him / her :) Bagjumping, broding etc. just makes game more interesting ^^ Everything doesn't need to be so "perfect". It's just boring if everyone are nice to others :D This is still just a game, so you don't lose anything, if someone BJs or brods you.

Edited by Miiks

It's some pretty sad news. The only "evildoer" with more style than all the rest (maybe except of Erstad) is vanishing. Sad news, indeed.

Side note:

PS.

@ the-pink-horn-n00b

Me?

Side note:

PS.

@ the-pink-horn-n00b

Me?

Who are you? Nope, not you. I don't think we've got pleasure to meet. Meant Itzi-teh-n00b.

To tell you the truth, I've got to thank you Rayla. From the very moment you bagjumped my hard work and time, I don't harvest/mine too far from storage or in a bag anymore. This saves me a ton of time, so thanks.

Nice knowing that you want to change, tho I doubt you ever will. Get a new identity, that will be faster. That's what thieves do anyway, right?

*strolls away to buy ingredients*

Guest MacNathan

She jumped a steel bar making hyperbag of mine at a nice spot in C2 when I hit a tele nexus. We had a nice chat while I waited to see it poof. :D It didn't stop me from using hyperbags as I think they are the most efficient way to mix, but I do store more TS pots in them now. :D

I agree that you probably should pay to change your name or create an alt and start over because your reputation will never go away. I really don't know why you would want to change though. Seems like you got more positive attention than negative attention with all your bag jumping. People have labeled you the cool type of bad, mainly because you were the most well known bag jumper. The top bad people always get that edge. The point is, if you change your ways, most people that have you on their hitlist won't feel any different. Someone will just take your spot, and they'll get the glory of screwing over the most people, and you already have the reputation, it might as well be you, lol. You can also try to be a robin hood of sorts, bag jumping then giving the contents away to noobs or something, lol. I'm not saying bag jumping is good, I'm just pointing out that you ain't really cutting your losses. In fact, you'll still have the grudges minus the free stuff in bags. We all play Eternal Lands, but that doesn't mean we all play the same game. Some people play the game of trying to cause grief, some people try to make friends in the community, some just like to level skills, some people like to brag about how good of a fighter they are, and various combinations of the previous, etc. If you're gonna start to play a different game, don't do it with an old character that is already well established in the eyes of the community. You can start a new character and tell friends that you trust to keep your secret of who you are in the case you still want to maintain whatever relationships that you've already created. Have you seen the disputes channel? I don't think many ever get over their grudges over such little things :)

I agree that you probably should pay to change your name or create an alt and start over because your reputation will never go away.

People change.

I agree that you probably should pay to change your name or create an alt and start over because your reputation will never go away.

People change.

Sure, but unless those people at least support their words with clear and public actions, there will be people who don't even trust them their little finger, for a long time (as has been pointed out by Ketiana <{POST_SNAPBACK}> too).

I'm not sure if I should see this "apology" as a sad crawl back out of his/her believes that he/she should represent the most evil side of the usually social, helpful, and generous gnome, OR as another sad attempt to trickz0rz the naive souls of Draia again.

_____

Let me make clear that, from a game point of view, I totally acknowledge and in a way even support the existence of the "bad" side of the community.

But from a community point of view, I completely disapprove of anything close to bagjumping, or PK'ing people who are training or travelling through PK areas.

Anyone stating that the "outlaws" (gasp! I mentioned the banz0red word!!) of this community are "at least playing the game", and implying (explicitly or not) that the victims/reporters of those actions do not, clearly missed something crucial. (Oh wait, let me spell it out: they play the game too, not a bit more or less than the "outlaws".)

Anyone stating that "community rules" are BS or don't mean anything to them, too bad, there will always be players who play with some socially important values in mind.

Anyone stating that bagjumping is totally ok "because people know there are bagjumpers around so it's your own f'ing fault if you get bagjumped", yeah sure, try to convince yourself first please!

Anyone feeling addressed by one of these "anyone"s, please go ask yourself who is "at least playing the game", the people reporting the "outlaws" of the community in this forum, or yourself, the true whiners about this aspect of the game.

:hug:, :) you all anyway!

Let me make clear that, from a game point of view, I totally acknowledge and in a way even support the existence of the "bad" side of the community.

Anyone stating that bagjumping is totally ok "because people know there are bagjumpers around so it's your own f'ing fault if you get bagjumped", yeah sure, try to convince yourself first please!

It is ok, and legal, ask a MOD or Entropy. Again, I say, People change.

It is Entropy. Again, I change.

Rofl! You just made my day!

Awesome game, just leaving crucial information out! B)

_____

Ok, edit, I'll play along and make it more clear for you:

Let me make clear that, from a
game
point of view
, I totally acknowledge and in a way even support the existence of the "bad" side of the community.

-----[ insert clear divider here ]-----

But from a
community
point of view
, I completely disapprove of anything close to bagjumping, or PK'ing people who are training or travelling through PK areas.

Anyone stating that the "outlaws" (gasp! I mentioned the banz0red word!!) of this community are "at least playing the game", and implying (explicitly or not) that the victims/reporters of those actions do not, clearly missed something crucial. (Oh wait, let me spell it out: they play the game too, not a bit more or less than the "outlaws".)

Anyone stating that "community rules" are BS or don't mean anything to them, too bad, there will always be players who play with some socially important values in mind.

Anyone feeling addressed by one of these "anyone"s, please go ask yourself who is "at least playing the game", the people reporting the "outlaws" of the community in this forum, or yourself, the true whiners about this aspect of the game.

B)

:)
you all (also popeye
B)
) anyway!

So, second part (below the divider) is about "community point of view".

With "community point of view" I mean how people play the game, what is (generally or not) considered as "good" and what as "bad".

I still play by the "community rules" that were quite set before some group of pk'ers and bagjumpers started whining that it was so unfair that they or their friends could be posted here (when it was still called Outlaws forum, until ~Summer 2007 iirc) and that it ruined their reputation... :(

And let it be clear that the game rules have nothing to do with "community rules/values", and vice versa.

"Community rules/values" is about anything that is, by game rules, permitted in this game.

What these "community rules/values" are, is different for everybody, or even non-existing to some.

Edited by Mar(c)

Then give Rayla a chance to live up to her word instead of flogging her for apologising.

It takes alot of guts to say sorry !

Then give Rayla a chance to live up to her word instead of flogging her for apologising.

Yeah but not when your hiding behind a computer screen ;)

Yeah but not when your hiding behind a computer screen :P

I disagree with you. Sincere apologising, no matter if in real life, via phone or via internet, requires as much guts.

Yeah but not when your hiding behind a computer screen :P

I disagree with you. Sincere apologising, no matter if in real life, via phone or via internet, requires as much guts.

Mabey :whistle:

Yeah but not when your hiding behind a computer screen :)

This might've been a big step for her. Time will tell. Be patient grasshopper.