Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PowerWarrior

A Idea For A Bot

Hey, I had a idea for a bot a while ago and decided to post it if any programmers are looking for a good bot to make.

General Description: A bot which acts as a bank allowing people to borrow and deposit money in a safe manner for the bot owner.

Money Deposits: Players would be able to deposit money and earn a daily interest on there money however there would be a daily withdraw limit to stop cash flow to be disrupted.

Lending Out Money: Lending money to other players is risky business but with a collateral system it can be 100% safe with no risk. Here is a example to show you how it would work:

Player X Needs 30k to purchase Health Essences and potions so that he/she can train.

Player X Borrows the 30kgc from the bank however he hands over his Crown Of Life(He Only Uses It For PK) to the bot to hold as collateral.

Player X Needs To Pay That Money Back Within 3 Days/1 Week/3 Weeks He Must Pay Interest On Top Of What He Has Borrowed

If Player X Pays On Time Or Early His Credit Rating Improves And He Gets A Larger Loan For His Collateral Next Time(E.G 75% of the value of his collateral).

If Player X Fails To Pay On Time He Is Sent A Warning To Pay The Money Within X Days Or His Collateral Will Be Sold And He/She Will Be Blacklisted Or Given A Lower Loan For The Level Of Collateral Next Time.

The bot owners profit = Lending Interest Rate - Deposit Interest Rate

This could be a very interesting and profitable bot if implented properly with a Credit Rating system.

What do you think of this bot idea?. Feel free to use this idea if you like it ;).

Edited by PowerWarrior

i think there should be a cut.

Ex:

10k-2 days

20k 4 days

100k-2 weeks.

cause if it is just 2 days for every amount.......it's almost impossible to get 100k in 2 days.

but idea is really good

Edited by daiske1

I hardly believe this thing with interest will work. Reason for that is difference between RL and EL economy, which

generally can be stated this way:

in RL you invest money in industry and production and get profit from it.

in EL you invest money in industry and production and loose them.

Many people make profit from production i think but they are always the quiet ones lol. The target audience is people who sometimes dont feel like making money and would rather do something else. For example someone wants to pk but they dont have essences/rings/cloak ect so they take out a loan for the short term so that they can go kill there arch enemy in KF. Another example would be someone who wants to make health essences but doesnt have the GC to buy silver ore. Everyone has one of those days when you can no money and you need to buy something. Normally you go harvest to make money but this offers a temporary alternative.

i think there should be a cut.

Ex:

10k-2 days

20k 4 days

100k-2 weeks.

cause if it is just 2 days for every amount.......it's almost impossible to get 100k in 2 days.

but idea is really good

For Example: Plaxer X Invests 100k In The Bank Bot (The Interest Rate Is 1%/Day)

Player X Collects His Money + Interest 7 Days Later Of 107k

Meanwhile

Player Y Takes A Loan Of 100k (Interest Rate = 2%/Day)

Player Y Pays Back 114k 7 Days Later

114k-107k = 7kgc Profit

I doubt anyone would keep the interest rates like that however so the profit will most likely be more.

For Example: Plaxer X Invests 100k In The Bank Bot (The Interest Rate Is 1%/Day)

Player X Collects His Money + Interest 7 Days Later Of 107k

Meanwhile

Player Y Takes A Loan Of 100k (Interest Rate = 2%/Day)

Player Y Pays Back 114k 7 Days Later

114k-107k = 7kgc Profit

I doubt anyone would keep the interest rates like that however so the profit will most likely be more.

Any idea how interest works????

100k @ 2%/day for 7 days = 114869 gc, not 114000.

You pay interest on the interest!

but tbh this wont work at all.

Edited by Raz

100k @ 2%/day for 7 days = 114869 gc, not 114000.

You pay interest on the interest!

That depends on how it is compounded.

If it is compounded anything more than a week then you won't pay interest on the interest. What you are describing is the situation where interest is compounded daily.

Like i said ^^, You can't abuse it as it takes collateral before it gives you the gc. Anyways thanks for the comments as i can see some major flaws in the idea now. So forget it ^^

You'll find that people will abuse it by treating it as if it's but to sell not and not coming back for their collateral if the price is too high. If the price is too low, they wont use it, instead they will probably sell the item and later buy a replacement.