Eternal Lands Official Forums
LadyBea

Invasions and special days

Is it me? If I have this wrong then shoot me down in flames :confused:

One thing I noticed (and a couple of others have commented to me as well) is the last general invasion had a reward of a day of Joule.

The timing of the invasion for me was evening, just before I went to bed. And the time the day was given as reward was early morning, just after I got up.

To me it seemed a bit unfair. One set of players did all the work at clearing out the invasion monsters, and another group got the reward.

I would like to see the main group of players that took part in the invasion get the reward at the same or similar time of the day in their time zone. E.G. 24 hours or 48 hours later not 12 or 36 hours.

I agree. The players that have used their resources (armor and weapons damaged or broken, Hes and SRs used up, rostos gone, etc), should be the ones to enjoy the fruit of their efforts. :confused:

My proposal (as already stated on #6):

allow the server to make automated special day changes and split the reward on all timezones who took part.

so radu doesn't have to be awake to make the day change and players still get the reward they worked for.

reason: invasions sometimes take up to 10 or 12 hours, so more timezones are involved.

maybe split according to what or how much was cleared in a timeframe or just split equally between all

maybe split according to what or how much was cleared in a timeframe or just split equally between all

It is far easier to kill the first 90% of monsters than the last 10%. Dividing this fairly is far too subjective to be done automatically.

As far as days changing automatically, this could be disastrous. If there is a random no-drop day, then players in that time zone are suddenly "rewarded" with an hour or two of Day of Joule, suddenly there are lots of people risking loss of their EL life savings. The same would perhaps happen on Peace Day, or even just upsetting fighters by cutting out 2 hours of a random Sun Tzu day. Once again, there is some subjectivity required.

If an invasion endures 3 time zones, this would leave (just an example) a reward of 3 hours of Day of Joule spread across 3 time zones. If Day of Joule randomly starts, but only lasts one hour, many players will lose a good portion of that to gather raw materials.

Whatever you do it will always be "unfair" to some.

For me this last invasion was in the morning, I helped kill stuff, and got a reward in the evening. Perfect. :confused:

I agree. The players that have used their resources (armor and weapons damaged or broken, Hes and SRs used up, rostos gone, etc), should be the ones to enjoy the fruit of their efforts. :confused:

Even during invasions, there is a whole bunch of players that don't even bother to leave their harvestable. Yet as soon as Jouleday starts, they get to share in the joy too. Would you exclude them from profiting from the special days?

I didn't think so.

Some people are online and active for 16 hours a day in this game, others (like myself) are just afk a lot but are still online. So where would you draw the line? It's impossible to do, and therefore I suggest to keep as is.

Edited by dilloesional

IMHO it would be fair, if reward for invasions etc would came 24 hours after so those, who worked for it would be the ones who can enjoy it ... (as probabelly many players logs in at their regular hours)

I would also like, if "day of ..." will be really day ... what i remember the good days are many times actually just hours on minutes ... while the bad days are usually really long days.

(as for programming - i do not see big problem with automation, which would set "there will be "day of ... " after 24hour from now alligned to day boundary ... and if random "day of ..." came in the way of one planned, then the random one would be postponed to next EL day/canceled - this way can Radu simply plan his days on his woke time and have them happend at planned time when he sleeps/anything ... simply one queue of planned days, each day starting at 0:00, if no day is in queue for some moment, then choose random spec/normal day)

Invasions are not scheduled and not listed in the calendar, so complaining that Time Zone A participates and Time Zone B not, doesn't make too much sense. If we KNEW that we'll have invasion at 6:00 am Sunday, I'm sure some of us would show up, despite of a fact that normally we do not play at that time.

For the last ~ 10 invasions, iirc I was mostly logging in where there were like 30 - 3 monsters left, I was able to participate from a start only in 2 invasions (not a complaint, just a fact). So my contribution was minimal .. although once .... I killed the last invis rat and we had a special day :-P Was I entitled to take advantage of it or not lol ?

Now ... a special day given as a reward - it is not scheduled, we SUSPECT it will start in a certain time, but not always it is a case.

Conclusion 1 - it would be nice to know in advance when invasion is being planned (although it negates an element of surprise)

Conclusion 2 - at the beginning of invasion for a special day it would be nice to know when this special day is going to start. Then, if you are unable to be online during the "reward day" you can make informed choice whether to participate or not.

TBH I'm really surprised with this post .... I think the invasion is fun to participate, an extra special day as a reward is just an additional bonus that gives fighting invasion monsters a goal, unites players and encourages to work together. Go figure ...

Edit: bad spelling :confused:

Edited by Cruella

TBH I'm really surprised with this post .... I think the invasion is fun to participate, an extra special day as a reward is just an additional bonus that gives fighting invasion monsters a goal, unites players and encourages to work together. Go figure ...

well for many it is fun, for many it is only obstacle as some parts of the game (=invaded maps) are unaccessible ... (i do not complain, i know, that shit happens and i can live with it)

Actually, I said 3 hours of joules, and I only gave two hours, saving 1 hour for a different time zone (but I forgot to give you the last hour, so I will tonight, if I remmeber).

Actually, I said 3 hours of joules, and I only gave two hours, saving 1 hour for a different time zone (but I forgot to give you the last hour, so I will tonight, if I remmeber).

Thank you Entropy. I was starting to wonder myself if I had been dreaming when you said 3 hours.

This is what I was getting at, to have the time at a time for the participants as well.

OK if it is split up, then everyone gets it.

At the moment of writing there is another invasion going on, but it is one of the gods wreaking havoc.

I forgot in the last two days again, sorry for that, was very, very busy with some server programming (and some Fallout 3). Someone please remind me tonight :)