Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chosen

Summoning Stones

Summoning Stones  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Summoning Stones be changed back to 100%?

• Yes, put them to 100%.
    • Nope, leave them at 25%.
    • Other.

Well, now the server has grown, I'm intrested to know what people think about Summoning Stones.

Please post your in-game name, and how you voted.

Thanks.

Other, maybe 50%?

Or actually i change my mind, either 100% or no summoning stones!

Edited by time4u2die

Voted yes, IIRC the main problem before was people stocking up on lots of fairly weak stones while everyone was too low level to kill them. now that quite a few people are well leveled, even at max a/d, I don't think this should be a major issue, even with the no cooldown.

I myself voted option #1.

#Edit - This would make PK more intresting. And more skill involved.

Edited by Liquid

Voted yes, IIRC the main problem before was people stocking up on lots of fairly weak stones while everyone was too low level to kill them.
I don't know about "weak", but you're right. In the early days of the PK server, a few hours of flower harvesting would get you some summoning stones for creatures that could kill anyone on the server.

It would still be true today (a quick kill) for anyone who doesn't train much. But the stronger players could not survive most of the stones available.

Well not only that but maybe they are worried that guildless people would summon somthing at their lvl with stones and then train on it next to storage?

If someone doesnt train much, they're going to be a quick kill with or without stones.

I think a stronger player could survive a decent amount of the available stones, especially with no cooldown. and I doubt that someone would wate the GC on a few giants, or even fluffies, just to kill one person.

I have been waiting for this to come about

In the beginning the problem with summoning stones or bear stones mainly were they were cheep to buy could be got from an npc and no one could kill bears

So everyone was dying to these stones was more like the bear stone server than pk server

So it was decided by players and Radu to put a 25% chance of them working this would sort the problem out

It worked in the way that now know one bought or used summoning stones anymore

1 Why do I feel it's time for a change?

2 Why will it work now and not before

3 How will this help the server especially pking?

1 summoning skill is not used on this server mainly because anything above gargs needs rare ings tit longs eles etc these won't be wasted for summoning mobs and stones arn't used /made because of they only have 25% chance to work

2 Before know one was strong enough to kill Bears / now top players can fight a fluffy and also another top player at the same time easy. A high % of players are stronger than bears now and weaker players won't be at any disadvantage from stones in fact they could help them.

3 our two most favourite stones in pk used to be bear and tiger stones because of mana burn and cool down / make for more fun and some skill in PKing

Players would get back to summoning skill to be able to make these again also they would provide a valuable asset to the market place.

It would make pking more interesting and also help weaker players to protect themselves against the stronger players / Harvesters could even carry a stone or two just to make things interesting or to give them a chance to flee

Now I would say only make stones available through players and not Npc's But we know this won't be an option

So I say put things back to the way they were, it can only help and I don't see any negative side to this

One final question what's stopping rich players from buying giant stones and using them?

Answer nothing but rostos are still cheap and I will quite happily fight you and your mobs. To me at the moment it's not about the winning it's about someone actually fighting me that matters

Voted for option 1

Handyman Thor

I think it is weird that there is no summoning skill required to summon,,,

Stones will make pk on the pk server more interesting tho, so perhaps we could get 100% (or less,, but a lot more then 25%) combined with a cooldown \o/ (So that summoners can summon mobs faster then someone with stones can.)

Anyway, ill vote yes. Hey, I might even train summoning again :)

Edited by ProHibited

I think it is weird that there is no summoning skill required to summon,,,

Stones will make pk on the pk server more interesting tho, so perhaps we could get 100% (or less,, but a lot more then 25%) combined with a cooldown \o/ (So that summoners can summon mobs faster then someone with stones can.)

Anyway, ill vote yes. Hey, I might even train summoning again :whistle:

Neat idea! I voted #1, but if this ever becomes an option, I'm all for it. I generally am opposed to cooldown, but this is still would really help out summoning the old fashioned way.

Increasing the cost per stone would mean more income per stone for summoners, but less stones used in combat.

When stones are too expensive they will not be used, more stones used = more fun!

Only a bit worried about the white tiger stones tho, would suck to get owned all the time.

I agree. I'd rather see this skill used more than less. More costly is not the way to go, especially since that the way it is now (4x normal price).

Well I was gonna vote #1 because when I started on the pk server I decided to work on summoning and eventually make stones til I found out they only work 25% of the time! If I controlled the world you could use the mix window to summon while fighting. But I dont and I doubt that change will be made..SO. At 100% success I can spend just under 2k and summon 3 white tigers on you. Counting the person who summoned on you thats 4 things you have to dis/flee from. Even with no cooldown on rings that cant be easy. I'm torn on this really so I voted other. Its a pk server (you're gonna die, deal with it) and I'd like a reason to make stones. I'd prefer a 50-75% success rate. I think. :confused:

What does Teh God think? Can we have 100% summon stones plx?

I agree, it would be nice to have some kind of definitive answer on this, even if its a 'no' (but preferably 'yes').

If your to busy with Fallout 3 though I totally understand.

Edited by Requiem