Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

GIWS warning efficiency levels

Note: Skip down to post #4 for the correct warning level listing.

This may be a case of pilot-error (I don't understand how it works) but I'll need a dev to tell me for sure.

As I understand it, the levels of GIWS function are:

[removed because my info was wrong]

On the PK server, we only have the GIWS working at Level 1 (we didn't see the benefit in the extra gc for a short warning). The seeming problem is that some (perhaps all) of the time when we get a GIWS warning it's about the second wave about to spawn. We fail to get the initial level 1 warning at :02.

Now I believe you only get a second wave if the first wave has been killed. That implies someone is there defending the map from the invasion. But we still should have received the initial "invading now" message.

I don't have enough data-points to be sure about any variations or other cases. But I know for a fact that we've had at least two invasions where the first message we received was about the respawn.

So, is my understanding of how GIWS in error, or is there a bug in the way the warnings are working for Level 1?

Edited by bkc56

This is not a bug, it is supposed to give a warning only about the second wave.
OK, but don't you only get a second wave IF the first wave has been killed off? So if they aren't killed off, then there's no second wave to warn us about, so then what does GIWS level 1 do?

Perhaps someone could point me to an original post that clearly explains what the 3 levels warn about? Clearly I don't understand. I'm wrong about level 1, my understanding about level 2 may be wrong too.

Edit: yes, I've been using search. I've found threads about the new NPC, the main server work to finish it, etc. But I haven't found anything (yet) that clearly lays out what the efficiency level do.

Edited by bkc56

[200kg or more] Level 3: warning before the invasion starts, at :00

[150kg or more] Level 2: warning when the first wave spawn, at :02

[100kg or more] Level 1: warning when the second wave spawn, at :08

[ 50kg or more] Level 0: warning when the third wave spawn, at :14

[less than 50kgc] GIWS off: no warnings

That looks really great. Do you have a reference for that (where you got it)? Also, I don't recall ever seeing a 3d wave; have I just been napping to long? :laugh:

warning the monsters have invaded VOTD or somesuch message

Also, I don't recall ever seeing a 3d wave;

Here is a full invasion from main server:

[10:56:52] GIWS: Invasion Advanced Warning!!! Monsters will spawn in 2 minutes inside the Tirnowood Undergrounds! All hands to battlestations!
[10:57:53] GIWS: Invasion Advanced Warning!!! Monsters will spawn in 1 minute inside the Tirnwood Undergrounds! All hands to battlestations!
[10:58:54] GIWS: Invasion Warning!!! Monsters are spawning inside the Tirnwood Undergrounds! All hands to battlestations!
[11:04:58] GIWS: Invasion Warning!!! A second wave is spawning inside the Tirnowood Undergrounds! All hands to battlestations! Take them out now or in 6 minutes they will invade Tirnwood Vale!
[11:11:03] GIWS: Invasion Warning!!! Monsters are spawning in Tirnwood Vale!
[11:27:14] GIWS: The invasion is over, but shame on you, you weren't able to kill them all!

And there are 3 waves, 2 inside undergrounds and the 3rd one in Tirnwood Vale.

have I just been napping to long? :laugh:

Definately :P

Piper

Ahh, ok, I wasn't equating the external invasion (outside the cave) as the "third" wave. That makes sense now. I think I need a nap. :laugh:

Still, do we have confirmation that Theryndan's summary is correct? I don't recall seeing that posted anywhere. I'd like to be sure before I start quoting that as fact.

Edited by bkc56

Since this is not a bug, and Theryndan's post clearly shows the levels, I'd like to request a mod move this post to General Chat (it doesn't belong in bugs) and re-title it to "GIWS warning efficiency levels" so it's more easily searchable and serves as documentation to others in the future.