Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cruella

Sun Medallion

While Unicorn, Moon and Star medallions are being used ofter, Sun medallion seems to be not very useful and therefore not popular.

I suggest to tweak its effect a bit, instead of accuracy it would increase missile accuracy, which is a separate variable.

Obviously such medallion would be used only by rangers (who do not have currently any means to boost missile accuracy other than to buy more expensive ranging gear - no potion of missile accuracy or anything similar).

A current modifier of 4 would be too high, so I suggest 2.

In order to make this medallion possibly useful for other players than rangers as well, it would be nice to add ability to decrease light modifier (this is what camo cape does, the medallion would do the same, but to much less extend).

A cost of the medallion should be addressed as well but that depends on medallion abilities. For missile accurcy +2 and light modifier -5 it should become more expensive imo. I'll leave this open for now.

Thanks for reading this selfish suggestion :) now, shoot with your comments ;)

Not sure what exactly to do with it, but considering the uselessness of the sun medallion currently, it can't hurt. And something for ranging would be nice.

So :devlish: sure, I'd say give it a try.

Hi,

I would like to know more before i think if it is a good idea in the long run.

When you take away the sun medallion are there other ways to get your accuracy higher? (exept potions) (sorry i am still nooby :P )

While missile accuracy is absolute of main interest accuracy is involved with ranging as well.

All expensive arrows take away -25 in accuracy. I am not sure about the difference what accuracy does opposite missile accuracy. If you look further so is the missile accuracy reduced as well with fire arrows, -10 if you use bow it will be the same as going from elven bow (+10) to -4 on short bow (+4).

I am using sun while hunting (testing) magic arrows. I havent any experiance with shooting with fire/ice as they are to expensive to "miss".

~Lan~ :medieval:

The current Sun Medallion has no influence on ranging whatsoever so wearing it while ranging is kinda useless afaik

-25 accuracy of arrows means that when you have an arrow on your back, accuracy of your melee attack drops considerably

The current Sun Medallion has no influence on ranging whatsoever so wearing it while ranging is kinda useless afaik

-25 accuracy of arrows means that when you have an arrow on your back, accuracy of your melee attack drops considerably

In that case i am 100% with you :P

~Lan~ :medieval:

Entopy already provided the answer to the sun medallion question. There was a bug that gave the +4 accuracy to moon medallion which has never been fixed. It is on the to do list. If this bug does ever get fixed the moon medallion will only give +4 armor and the sun medallion will have an actual use in game. To have a medallion that helps with range accuracy you need to have an entirely new item or the sun medallion has to have a dual purpose once the bug is fixed.

I would suggest suggesting a new item for ranging since that is more likely to be accepted than a dual purpose sun medallion. No idea when they are going to get around to fixing the bug though.

Tirun

Entopy already provided the answer to the sun medallion question. There was a bug that gave the +4 accuracy to moon medallion which has never been fixed. It is on the to do list. If this bug does ever get fixed the moon medallion will only give +4 armor and the sun medallion will have an actual use in game. To have a medallion that helps with range accuracy you need to have an entirely new item or the sun medallion has to have a dual purpose once the bug is fixed.

I would suggest suggesting a new item for ranging since that is more likely to be accepted than a dual purpose sun medallion. No idea when they are going to get around to fixing the bug though.

Tirun

A golden arrow medallion?