Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KillerNoName

Halloween Event Idea

Summary: Trick or Treating in EL during the day of Halloween. Map will take place in Lakeside Village in White Stone Map. Lots of vacant buildings, and easy access from IP. Possibility of two times lasting about an hour each to accommodate the different timezones. Times yet to be determined. Join Ch. 3000 if wanting to participate.

My idea is to have a Trick or Treat event in EL. Originally, I said guild representatives to occupy one building each, passing out random harvestables/treats to people that come, but because of the late notice of this idea, people can share buildings, so no need to reply with coordinates of the building you choose to occupy. We can just wing it. Also, no need to even be in a guild if you want to participate. Anyone can hand out items. You can also pass out mixed items, it doesn't have to be harvestables, I just didn't want to make the event about getting free stuff, but to celebrate the spirit of Halloween. It might just be hard when buildings get crowded, as it might be hard to tell who's giving out what, and who the trick or treaters are. If you have connections with tailors or want to morph into a mule for your costumes, that will also be fun!

Also, I know most of my posts are very wordy. I think everyone get's the premise of my idea. Don't feel the need to read the rest of my replies if you are interested. Just please join Ch. 3000 to help organize the event, and please post times available in this forum so we all can get a good feeling of the best time(s) to hold this event. (I personally live in the U.S. in Eastern Standard Time. Someone suggested we do this before trick or treaters start knocking on doors in the U.S. but after it's done in Europe. I know there will be some conflicts, but this would also get rid of the need to host two different events.)

________________________________________________________________________________

___

UPDATE: Someone suggested to carry a variety of treats that are stackable to prevent everyone getting the same thing over and over again. This may also be a good event to recruit guildless players to your guild

UPDATE II - Location Ideas: I think Lakeside Village in White Stone looks promising. It has a lot of buildings, and it's safe for all players. I'm thinking, in C2, Isles of the Forgotten is one of my most favorite maps. I've only explored about a third of C2, so if anyone else has suggestions, I'm happy to hear them. Also, it's getting kind of cold in the U.S., and IotF kind of has a ghost like mystical theme to it. However, for right now, Lakeside Village is definitely a good neighborhood. We'll use IOTF only if we need the room.

Edited by KillerNoName

Now this sounds like a bit of fun, though I don't think anybody should announce what they're giving out - that's part of Trick-or-Treat! :medieval:

It be good for guilds (or groups) to just announce the "neighborhoods" they're going to be in or something.

And maybe a set time frame for the trick-or-treating.

Hey, Roja -- Halloween costumes for next year?? :pickaxe:

I know, I like surprises too, but let's say there's a neighborhood where there's a sunflower bush. People visit it, going into 10 different buildings, only coming out with 10 sunflowers. That would be kind of sour, much unlike candy at all, lol. Maybe the guild reps can PM each other in game, and try not to give out duplicate items. Or maybe if a person can take charge of each neighborhood, this will be one of the duties.

I know, I like surprises too, but let's say there's a neighborhood where there's a sunflower bush. People visit it, going into 10 different buildings, only coming out with 10 sunflowers. That would be kind of sour, much unlike candy at all, lol. Maybe the guild reps can PM each other in game, and try not to give out duplicate items. Or maybe if a person can take charge of each neighborhood, this will be one of the duties.

Not really any different when we used to go through the neighborhood and end up with a bag half-full of freakin butterscotch hard candies, lol. (I really hated those things) ;)

And, if chatter was going on in Ch 7 at the time, I'm sure somebody is gonna spread the word about the "sunflower neighborhood". :) (Plus, unless that was specifically planned ahead of time by that group to pull that kind of thing, odds are that if there's sunflowers around, there's probably other stuff too and not everybody there is going to load up on just them, I would think)

Though, I'd imagine that, around here, alot of ppl would be surprising folks with all kinds of different stuff. I'd personally probably pack an inventory with 36 different stackable types.

Another thought - those that want to give out the 'treats' could post here with like 5 (relatively easy) clues to where they'll be hiding and the time they'll be there and let ppl go through the list and then go hunt for their 'treats' at their leisure.

Anyway, it is a pretty novel idea. Be nice to see it develop into a yearly tradition or something.

(Though it looks as if we're the only two interested in it so far, lol)

if you can get this all working properly You can count CotM in ;) This would Be so awesome to take part in :) *** OH that is if its not when I take my kids Trick or Treating*** LOL

Actually, the way this sounds like it's being set up might put a little pressure on those guilds that are recruiting to give out better "treats" than the guild next door.

This idea sounds a lot like Rush Week at university. :rolleyes:

LOL, your responses have been hilarious. I do like the idea of having several different items to give away. That pretty much fixes the problem. Also, ya, it would be a good way to recruit players to your guild. Also, I'm not sure how the different time zones players are in will affect this idea. Glad to see people are interested.

If any guild would definitely like to join, please reply to this asap. It's getting close to Halloween, so we need to organize this right away. If everyone likes my idea of setting up in both Lakeside in WS and IOTF, then please reply in the format of GUILD NAME - MAP - COORD OF BUILDING. Also, another big obstacle is organizing the event for people in different time zones. I really don't know the best times to do this, but to meet the needs of the bulk of the community, I think two different times to accommodate most locations would be nice. Also, I think an hour should be good enough. Please, if you wish to participate, maybe chatting with others in channel 3000 would get this organized faster. You can also talk about changing the locations too, but I think Lakeside is a keeper since it's close to IP, very easy access, has lots of buildings, and basically a safe map if you ignore that gargoyle that wonders off once in a while. I think because not many people seem interested yet, we have enough buildings, but in the case we don't, people can share buildings, but not until all buildings have been filled.

Edited by KillerNoName

I will be there if at all possible. I am on the west coast of the US so the timing will be interesting, but I think we can make it work.

My suggestion is to start somewhere in the late afternoon east coast US, say 5pm? That would be 2PM for the west coast and 10pm ish for Europeans if my time sense is working? Just a suggestion, please post if you prefer other times.

I think this is a great idea, as for getting to much of one thing..unlike all the lolipops I used to get and throw out..everything in EL is usable or sellable lol so if someone gets 500 pieces of coal I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I will be taking my trickertreater out that night but if we do this say around 10-12am est for one of the time zones...count me in. I will talk to my guildies. I think it's a fantastic Idea.

Would be cool if we could get a No Drop Day invasion also .. even during the event would be fun dodging all the monsters :P

#edit mis-spellos ;)

Edited by SenZon

Okay BOC guild will be hosting the hosue at:

You are in White Stone - Lakeside Village [628,149]

It looks like its just me passing out treats and I get off work around 5 so I will be a bit late. sorry about that :(

But should have some nice stuff!