Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL research, if you want to participate, post here

I have aggressive tendencies ingame and in the forum, but only with regard to bagjumpers and the occasional idiot.

Reminds me of the case where you posted yourself on outlaws ^^

I'm in,

Dugur,

male.

On a second thought, I am curious about the ingame name of "Researcher". Remove me from the participation list or forum pm me your ingame name please. I do love to know to whom the info about me is going to.

Yes, I in return will not mention your name anywhere if you decide to tell me. That's just fair I guess.

-Gohan

Then simply, don't participate? :unsure:

Researcher, as s/he were, has already stated where the information is going, I suspect if s/he wished to reveal such information, s/he would've simply used the in-game name of their character to post in this thread...

I got a pm, know the name, am fine with it now.

I have reasons to request that character name. I have no problem with a third party coming into EL for a study and asking for data on my character and behaviour, blablabla.

I do have a problem with someone getting that info and remaining anonymous to me, knowing that this person is a longtime player. Because simply because a certain page says that everything is confidential ....., I have quite a lack of trust in that, generally...

(Money talks, the occasional "I shouldn't rly tell anyone, but for just you it's ok, just don't pass it on even further", blablabla...)

Yet, I know this person from loooong ago and am sure that this is just fine for her to study my levels/behaviour/blablabla aswell.

I wonder why I even bother explaining myself about why I questioned about the name and stuff, but w/e. B)

-Gohan

Yes, I’m in, I agree to participate. :D

In Game Name: LadyBea (Elf female)

Forum Name: LadyBea

Real Life: very definitely female. (and aim on staying that way)

Hi all!

Thanks first of all to all who have already agreed to participate. So far I have a list of about 95 player names (including alts) but I'm going to need quite a few more than that for my statistical analysis, so please encourage your friends and guildies to check out this thread.

Let me clarify a couple of things for those that are still undecided about participation.

1) Anyone can participate. It doesn't matter how much you play (or not), how much you post on the forum (or not), whether you're low level, high level, nice person, self-appointed menace, or anything in-between. I'm definitely interested in including the 1337 ebul PKer. But I'm also interested in the peaceful alchemist or potter.

2) Who I am. If you are uncomfortable not knowing who I am, you can send me a forum pm and I will tell you. I'm just asking that you then keep that to yourself because others might be uncomfortable around my game character if they can link it to Researcher. Different people react differently to the same thing.

3) Protecting your specific information. I want to remind you that I will analyze the data at the group level (for example, male versus female). That means that my results will not include specific player names, specific players' skills data, or anything like that. Results will read more along the line of "Those that pick their noses a lot also tend to use a lot of smiley faces." (attempt at humor here for those that were looking for it in the legalese of the consent form)

Thanks again, and hopefully I'll get more volunteers so I can do this study.

Ulla Bunz

I agree to participate.

However, I have not been active in the forums as much as I was back several years ago when I was a 'n00b' (not a newbie) and I was quite different back then, including my EL playing style. So I wonder how this will affect things.

Forum Name: Alderan

In Game name: Kayem (Main), Alderan (Alt)

Real Life sex: Male

Looking forward to seeing the results. :(

I only play on the PK server atm, so I'm not sure if this will help at all.

I Agree.

Ingame Name (PK server only): Requiem (the Requiem on the main server is NOT me, i believe it is someone elses unused alt)

Male

Yep, I'll participate.

In-game names: Raven5 (main) and Maethorir (alt)

Forum name: Raven5

Aaand I'm female. :pickaxe:

Edited by Raven5

I'm fine with being test subject too; Marc; male. :medieval: