Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL research, if you want to participate, post here

I'm female draegoni in game, female human in real life :omg:

Actually, that's an interesting additional point. Is part of the research analysing in-game races as part of the study? Also, are you considering a comparison between in-game and real-life sexes?

I'd love to know if the people who make the most threats are actually low level players trying to seem tough.

Of course they won't be participating, eliminate all the "private" stats players and you get a bunch of peaceful, articulate harvesters.

I'm in, boognish in game and male irl.

Ps you're kinda hot, are you married?

I'm female draegoni in game, female human in real life :omg:

Actually, that's an interesting additional point. Is part of the research analysing in-game races as part of the study? Also, are you considering a comparison between in-game and real-life sexes?

No, I'm not comparing in game versus real life sex, but it would be interesting. It would also open up a whole different can of worms :P

I'm asking for real life sex because previous research shows that men are more aggressive behavioral, while women are more aggressive linguistically. So, I'm going to see how that works here.

As to results -- it will take me a good bit of time to work on this while I'm doing other work too, but I'm hoping to have something in January. Writing it up in an academic format might take even longer.

Ulla Bunz

If you are currently pregnant, please know that this study presents no risk to you or your fetus.

:omg:

maybe its just the 3 beers i have intus right now, that doesnt let me understand this, but can i have some explanation on this statement plz :)

anyway im not sure if ur view on ingame and outgame aggressions is right here, cuz the game itself and the forum goes hand in hand... imo the forum is a part of the game, but well thats just my point of view.

i find this whole thing quite interesting and wish u good luck (alltho i dont think this is more then an interesting bauble w/o any real/important benefit, sorry :P )

anyway im not sure if ur view on ingame and outgame aggressions is right here, cuz the game itself and the forum goes hand in hand... imo the forum is a part of the game, but well thats just my point of view.

But surely that is what she is studying... she hasn't come to a conclusion yet, just suggesting the "norms" for society.

If you are currently pregnant, please know that this study presents no risk to you or your fetus.

maybe its just the 3 beers i have intus right now, that doesnt let me understand this, but can i have some explanation on this statement plz :P

Every research study that involves humans conducted by a person employed by a US university has to be approved by that university's ethics board to make sure that the study poses no harm to the participants. One of the special groups to be protected are women. Since I have no way of knowing who is pregnant or who isn't, I was required to add that sentence in case one of the EL players is pregnant and wants to know whether (for example) the study will stress her out so much that her baby might be affected. The sentence you cite states that there is no risk at all - maybe seems obvious, but better safe than sorry.

Ulla Bunz

maybe its just the 3 beers i have intus right now, that doesnt let me understand this, but can i have some explanation on this statement plz :P

Every research study that involves humans conducted by a person employed by a US university has to be approved by that university's ethics board to make sure that the study poses no harm to the participants. One of the special groups to be protected are women. Since I have no way of knowing who is pregnant or who isn't, I was required to add that sentence in case one of the EL players is pregnant and wants to know whether (for example) the study will stress her out so much that her baby might be affected. The sentence you cite states that there is no risk at all - maybe seems obvious, but better safe than sorry.

Ulla Bunz

i see, thx for the clarification, i understand now

But surely that is what she is studying... she hasn't come to a conclusion yet, just suggesting the "norms" for society.

could be true, the only way to find it out, is to give Dr. Bunz the support she needs, so

I opt in,

ingame flexus,

male

...but can i have some explanation on this statement plz
I was required to add that sentence ...

Well I for one am very disappointed. I figured it was a dash of humor only to find out it's required lawyer-speak.

Humor? Not without a court order! :omg:

...but can i have some explanation on this statement plz
I was required to add that sentence ...

Well I for one am very disappointed. I figured it was a dash of humor only to find out it's required lawyer-speak.

Humor? Not without a court order! :omg:

:P

that was my first idea too tho ^^