Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL research, if you want to participate, post here

Someone from the Florida University would like to conduct some research about our players.

She contacted me in private explaining about the purpose of this research, and I think it is a cool idea. Don't ask for more details than the ones given already.

So on behalf of her, I am posting her message here:

Hi!

My name is Dr. Ulla Bunz and I work at Florida State University. I am doing a study on behavior and language in Eternal Lands. All people who play EL are invited to participate, no matter how “old” or “new” you are to the game!

I want to use forum posts that have already been made in the past, as well as statistics on people’s skill levels which also already exist in Radu’s database. I need your permission to include you in my study. If you agree to participate, simply send me a message that includes,

1.an affirmative message to show that you want to participate in the study (for example, “yes,” “I’m in,” “I opt in,” or “I agree to participate”)

2.your in-game name(s)

3.your real-life sex (male or female) though this last thing is optional and not required for participation in the study

You can send your message EIHTER

1.by making a forum post in this thread

OR

2.by sending a forum mail message to Researcher

Please send your message by November 14, 2008.

Before you make your decision on whether to participate or not, please read the full consent form that explains things in detail and also provides you with my contact information in case you have questions. If you don’t want to participate, simply do nothing.

Link to the full consent form: http://bunz.comm.fsu.edu/consentEL.html

Thanks in advance to all who agree to help me out!

Ulla (use “Researcher” to send me a forum message)

It said to ask questions here in the forum post so id like to ask :

If I participate will chat logs from in game also be used , or will it just be forum posts ?

Thanks

I am in

She may have my chat logs she can contact me via forums for my email adress if needed. I also find this very intresting

This sounds really interesting!

I'm definitly in.

guinevereanne on the forum and ingame.

alt, azureone. just ingame.

Opps, edit. forgot to meantion I'm female. Or at least I was last time I checked *looks down* yup, still female.

Edited by guinevereanne

I'm definitely not a hacker, and even if I was, I'm not interested in your ig chat logs, so no, those won't be used.

Please remember to post your in-game name if different from your forum name (and whether male/female in real life if you are willing to say).

Ulla Bunz

Edit on Oct 29, 2008:

In case you don't want to browse through the entire thread but have additional questions, I have provided answers and information in the following places in this thread:

page 2, post 35

page 3, post 45

page 4, post 68

page 5, post 91

page 6, post 106

page 7, post 124

I'll continue to update this list as needed.

Edited by Researcher

1.an affirmative message to show that you want to participate in the study (for example, “yes,” “I’m in,” “I opt in,” or “I agree to participate”) - Yup, Sure, I'm good with it

2.your in-game name(s) - Toban

3.your real-life sex (male or female) though this last thing is optional and not required for participation in the study - Male

“yes,” “I’m in,” “I opt in,” AND “I agree to participate” :)

In Game Name: Ghrae

Forum Name: Ghrae

Real Life: Male

w00t Yay for guinea pigs

Yes, I'm in :*)

In Game name: umbrena,

Alt in game less frequently used - Muppet

Real Life: Female

I Opt In

I see this is a great study tool that can help in so many areas outside of EL

In Game Name OmniVision

Dragoni

Rare Alt used to build for a Bot SoldArk

Real Life Male

Edited by Omnivision

YES, Count Me In. I am a male elf ingame, Popeye. Cajun Male in real life. Laissez les bon temps rouler cher!!!

Edited by popeye

Ok :)

Im in, I agree to participate

In game name : aTeh

Real Life Sex : Male

Also have another question ( as the link provided asked us to post them here it might be useful for other people to refer to )

When will the research be made available for us to look at once its completed ? Obviously cant expect an exact date but are we talking weeks ? Months ? Id love to see what its all about once its finished thats all ........ and dont want to bother you by sending repeat emails asking if its finished ( are we there yet ? )

Ok :)

Im in, I agree to participate

In game name : aTeh

Real Life Sex : Male

Also have another question ( as the link provided asked us to post them here it might be useful for other people to refer to )

When will the research be made available for us to look at once its completed ? Obviously cant expect an exact date but are we talking weeks ? Months ? Id love to see what its all about once its finished thats all ........ and dont want to bother you by sending repeat emails asking if its finished ( are we there yet ? )

Get in the game already..............there are no doughnuts here.