Eternal Lands Official Forums
warangel

Question about the economy

Have to agree with Korrode on this one.

Only Yeti trainers and above (Artic Chim) can make gc like Marro did.

Ill explain:

Out of the fighter base in EL theres only a small group that can do Yeti. Out of that small group theres an even smaller group that can do Artic Chim aswell, and from that very small group theres only a few players that have the time to train 8-10 hours a day like Marro did.

But you are wrong.

Although not many people can serp yeti and ACs alone, a team of 2 or 3 good fighters can do that and split the money, yes?

Ill explain:

Out of the fighter base in EL theres only a small group that can do Yeti. Out of that small group theres an even smaller group that can do Artic Chim aswell, and from that very small group theres only a few players that have the time to train 8-10 hours a day like Marro did.

But you are wrong.

Although not many people can serp yeti and ACs alone, a team of 2 or 3 good fighters can do that and split the money, yes?

Key words is splitting money. They still dont make as much

Edited by Kidberg

Ill explain:

But you are wrong.

Harving coal or blue lupines would be a better way than that.

Sorry, thought this was about gc. But xp 3 non-yeti-trainers would get from killing yeti.. well.. will be pretty damn close to nothing.

Ill explain:

But you are wrong.

But monster also dies faster if there is 3 pretty high lvl characters hitting it. Even you have to split it to 3 parts, it's still pretty good money if it takes a minute to kill a yeti and you get 250gc from it and split it to 3 parts. Btw those were just quesses :P

Hmm or actually... You can kill white tigers alone and get better money from them lol... So forget this :P

Edited by Miiks

Ill explain:

But you are wrong.

Not to mention the person who the a.chim is directing it's hits at is just shredding through HE/SR. Plus, Marro can dodge their hits well enough, a weaker fighter wont block the a.chim's hits, chances of breaking armor are way higher.

Sorry, thought this was about gc. But xp 3 non-yeti-trainers would get from killing yeti.. well.. will be pretty damn close to nothing.

Well, if the EXP is no concern, they could just harm it and kill it in like 4 harms.

Well, if the EXP is no concern, they could just harm it and kill it in like 4 harms.

Harm = 3 Death / 5 Health Essences. Say about 65gc? 4x65gc = 260gc. 260 Is more than average droprate of yeti. So you have to get lot of drops then.

4 Harms requires 100hp harms. Most "fighters" don't have such a harm lol.

What I pay, a harm costs me 80-85gc ea. Harming a yeti is filthy easy if using a human shield . Without another player it's still doable, but need to heal in the middle which adds to cost too.

Point is that harming, solo or not, is not profitable. In addition a mage has very limited amount of harms available in inventory (storage runs reduce gc / hour heavily). Sharing will bring no profit, but can be fun change for lower att player to pass time. I like the idea of teamwork, but price of it can be discouraging. EL players are obsessed with leveling and gold coins = more levels.

And someone mentioned if fighters have more gc, they pay more for equipment. An example of Marro was drawn, but he is so poor that can't even pay 7gc for HEs (I heard he quit, maybe because he couldn't make the $ for the internet connection). Honestly, you won't pay higher price as long as there's more supply than demand, and we like to level (=make tons of stuff you don't use but sell forward hoping to be able to make more)

So to level is to screw econom? yay. Could be worse.

What I pay, a harm costs me 80-85gc ea. Harming a yeti is filthy easy if using a human shield . Without another player it's still doable, but need to heal in the middle which adds to cost too.

Point is that harming, solo or not, is not profitable. In addition a mage has very limited amount of harms available in inventory (storage runs reduce gc / hour heavily). Sharing will bring no profit, but can be fun change for lower att player to pass time. I like the idea of teamwork, but price of it can be discouraging. EL players are obsessed with leveling and gold coins = more levels.

And someone mentioned if fighters have more gc, they pay more for equipment. An example of Marro was drawn, but he is so poor that can't even pay 7gc for HEs (I heard he quit, maybe because he couldn't make the $ for the internet connection). Honestly, you won't pay higher price as long as there's more supply than demand, and we like to level (=make tons of stuff you don't use but sell forward hoping to be able to make more)

So to level is to screw econom? yay. Could be worse.

I have to post here.

It is much more profitable*** to harm kill Yetis+ now in this age then in back in the day when I was doing it. I harm + poison red dragons, giants and yetis and get crap drops for a veery slow and risky kill. These days with the rationality being a modifier in spell damage you can harm for over 100hps rather then the 50-60 damage I was doing a year ago (and thats not counting the magic resistance these monsters have now which drop the damage to 30-40).

edit: *** Pointed out by a player....its not "more protifable" just "less cost"

Edited by MagpieLee

What I believe really has to happen is three unspeakable things....

-Increased break rate (Increases demand) *flinch as objects thrown at me*

-Bots banished. (Price floors and ceilings have never worked in an economy and never will whether it be real life or an eternal life....

-Increase of rare ings (causes ings price to decrease which leads to higher profit for manu. Which is offset by increased break rate so demand=supply

(And I agree why do low level players need so much gc in the first place? whats the point of the holy apples and lilacs?)

Yes, an increase in breaking rates would help the economy, but too many people would cry about it, so I decided not to do it.

well i dont want to write this, but ... truth is, i dont really remember when i have broken or degraded some of my armors, and no im not only alchin. i am trainin on multi DC, fluffs... sometimes MCs, FCs and other stuff on good astro and good mood .... but no breakes. So how can there be a demand for armors if it dont degrade or breake ? And... u know why prices for steel went down? cuz its not to hard to repair it and resell :) so we have not much armors degrading, and we repair at least 60% of them ...(that should be average) so how can manu be profitable ? :)

and hey, i dont want U, Ent to rise my breake rate :D I like to use same steel,tit, bronze set untill its totally rusted :medieval: but that dont help manuers, does it?

Yes, an increase in breaking rates would help the economy, but too many people would cry about it, so I decided not to do it.

Let them cry. Breakrate is insanely low at the moment. I'm even suspecting some kind of bugs...

well i dont want to write this, but ... truth is, i dont really remember when i have broken or degraded some of my armors, and no im not only alchin. i am trainin on multi DC, fluffs... sometimes MCs, FCs and other stuff on good astro and good mood .... but no breakes.

Lucky you. When i am training, i always lose a good amount of leather pants and boots and steel shields.

So how can there be a demand for armors if it dont degrade or breake ? And... u know why prices for steel went down? cuz its not to hard to repair it and resell :) so we have not much armors degrading, and we repair at least 60% of them ...(that should be average) so how can manu be profitable ? :)

and hey, i dont want U, Ent to rise my breake rate :D I like to use same steel,tit, bronze set untill its totally rusted :medieval: but that dont help manuers, does it?

It would help manuers, when they could repair damaged stuff and not only the NPC's.

Lets say, 1 degraded steel plate, 3 steel bars, 1 iron bar, 1 leather, 3 FE's, 3 coal and a manuer has a chance to repair it or totally break it. This is not a money sink, like the NPC's are, but still an item sink. And when the chance to repair it, is half the manu level of the manuer, its a good way to get items out of the game, like the NPC's do now.

Just my 2 cents :)

Piper

It would help manuers, when they could repair damaged stuff and not only the NPC's.

Lets say, 1 degraded steel plate, 3 steel bars, 1 iron bar, 1 leather, 3 FE's, 3 coal and a manuer has a chance to repair it or totally break it. This is not a money sink, like the NPC's are, but still an item sink. And when the chance to repair it, is half the manu level of the manuer, its a good way to get items out of the game, like the NPC's do now.

I really like this idea!

ok Piper , this is not a bad idea at all. but i think manuers are more interested in making new arm... or wait :medieval: ir manuer gets exp for repairing items, also he can make profit of that... not bad :D

but 1/2 of manuers lvl .. well ofc we will never have lvl 200 manuer, so it would be 100% to repair.. well ofc this could be with some % of fails :)

erm i wonder if Ent would agree with that :) npc takes some money out of game.... well ofc its posible to make some items needed for repairs only possible from npc.

Thats only 1 thing out of bunch to help out economy, but could help a bit :)

edit : oh and .. yes Piper maybe im lucky, but i can not be so lucky :) lets say 4 DC hits alot, so its 4x chance to breake something, but .. :) OK im back to training ...maybe now... i hope not :)

Edited by Kornholio

As a fighter I would not mind seeing an increase break rate at all. I have been training in the same set of Iron plate for longer than I can remember against ogres and such and not a break yet. If Entropy were to allow manufacturers to repair Items I really hope that he would make one ingredient necessary to buy from an npc as to maintain the same money outlet.

If Entropy were to allow manufacturers to repair Items I really hope that he would make one ingredient necessary to buy from an npc as to maintain the same money outlet.

I don't think that it would be used if you had to buy something in order to repair items. With manu_level / 2 chance to repair, it would be a plain loss ... Nobody would use it.

You know, we've all been looking at increasing demand, or price rates...

What if we tried looking into decreasing production costs? Ingredients and such?

I saw mention of increasing the rare item rate (For stones and essies), I think this would help a little..

Also, it might help to implement more of a speed acceleration for harvesting as you level up. ^^ Make the 'labor' cost drop :icon13:

Just some ideas to help narrow the train of thought here ^^

We really don't need the value of GC going down as prices go up, else it will end up like it is here in the US, with old people complaining-

(Old man voice) "Ahh... I can remember a time when a gallon of milk cost a quarter... And the sky was blue! Not purple..."

Edit: So please, lets keep the older people from going senile.. (Seriously though, GC value may drop too much...)

-Air

Edited by Airakose

Its exp vs gc actually , u can t have both...

If u want to make good money just harv the ings and make the items u want, so more time at each level but great profit

if u want exp buy ings and mix what u want but u only take the profit between ings and sell price, here comes the fail factor and the break tool factor ;p so the higher level u get the higher the profit u make (not great but still profit) ...

There are "products" on each skill , items u mix for exp + a good profit ie s2e for manu, SRs for pots, tiger stone for sum etc ...

Breakrate on armor/swords wouldn t increase demand, honestly if i broke, lets say, a full titan/steel armor every 2 weeks at pk, i would stop pk and not buy the armor

Game needs changes thats for sure , but changes that would benefit both , players and devellopers

Some things must come out ,some new thing should get in , and some others must be made more usefull

Don t forget its a game...

Thanks for reading

XaRondas

EDIT:

bleh

- post removed -

Not worth posting my explanations and theories... and since my post was for keeping break rates as they are, someone would have not actually read the words of the post and just been like "omfg ur being selfish".

Edited by Korrode