Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nidan

godless removal stone

You don't just have the attribute cap to look at either for game changes. When all of the gods finally get added in it will be another reason to want to remove godless. It does need to be in game no matter how rare. I think having stones to remove every perk positive or negative is the right way to go. Skeptic is the obvious exception. People should not be punished for not being able to tell what the future of the game has in store.

Tirun

You don't just have the attribute cap to look at either for game changes. When all of the gods finally get added in it will be another reason to want to remove godless. It does need to be in game no matter how rare. I think having stones to remove every perk positive or negative is the right way to go. Skeptic is the obvious exception. People should not be punished for not being able to tell what the future of the game has in store.

Tirun

I don't see how people are "punished" :whistle:

You should think BEFORE you get godless what are the pros and cons. Anyway, you still CAN #reset so where is the punishment ?

(Yes i know you have to gain back your OAs etc, but it was YOUR choice when you took godless and you knew it is a negative perk)

I don't see how people are "punished" :whistle:

You should think BEFORE you get godless what are the pros and cons. Anyway, you still CAN #reset so where is the punishment ?

(Yes i know you have to gain back your OAs etc, but it was YOUR choice when you took godless and you knew it is a negative perk)

Because its a game? and 3 second choices shouldn't take 8-12 RL months to fix?

( the punishment is, gaining back OA 120+ takes almost a year for a normal random free time person )

I always found #reset bizarre. its tantamount to "lmao you didnt understand the games attribs system so

you get to start over lmao nooob!" (my first reset was to remove mm perk, hell I didn't know) Personally I think resets should just

mass free pps and let the person choose were to put them, really is it needed to zero everything out in a game that is constantly

changing? when to recoup it can take RL months to reclaim.

So at least creating a stone to remove various perks\ attribs remedies the problem

while creating a money sink\wealth redistribute item.

It seems that people don't get what are negative perks about ... It was said billions of times - it is not free PPs.

I guess you can figure MUCH sooner then on OA 120+ that you will not need a certain perk. And if you used a negative perk to make your leveling easier, then it was your choice to get to OA 120+ with this perk (and you knew it would be pain to #reset to remove it).

Actually, the people who took the perks did not believe they would remove them without resetting when they took them and did not plan on that changing. No one ever expected pek removal stones which further underscores my statement about not being able to see how the game will change. The players who took the negative points have already dealt with the negative effects while playing. Yes the points helped them but they had to deal with the negative effects of the perks while they leveled. Removing the perks without resetting should not have additional negative effects.

A lot of players did not expect to reset or remove their perks at all. The new addition to the game gives them a new opportunity to change how they play. They should be able to explore that new addition to the game without having to do more than get the stones. The stones being rare and expensive make you have to work for them in the first place. If someone does the work needed to get the removal stone then they deserve to benefit from it. There is no point in taking anything from them especially pick points on top of the money and or time it took to get the removal stones in the first place.

Tirun

So you took a negative perk when it was just a free pickpoints for you.

You've been using adventage of having addinational pickpoints w/o complaining, but when the game has changed

and the perk started limiting your gameplay thus it became truly negative you are like "OMG I wanna remove it with no pain".

You knew it's a "negative" perk, you knew you might need to #reset to remove it,

no one forced you to take it so I don't why you should be able to easily remove it with a stone.

No matter how expensive they would be, making money is way easier than #reset, so it wouldn't be a penalty at all.

IMO there shouldn't be any perk removals at all, but I could live with positive perks removals as you have to pay for them with pickpoints in the first place.

Well, IMHO the point is not in removing godless, but to make all negative perks equals. Why taking any other perks is no pain (now, with proper stones available) and some still is ?

Almost agree with Desertus :) Remove removal stones, or make them for every perk :)

Why do you say that removing some negative perk is easy? Imagine removing godless at OA 120+ - first, it would probably cost a fortune when/if it gets implemented at first, and second, you have to give back 8 pickpoints. Eight! Is it easier to reset at OA 120+ or is it easier to get 8 PP's at the same level? Sure, you can buy nexuses from NPC for hydrobars, and then nexus removals from other players, which would make it about 6 million gcs in worth. How much does a reset cost?

I hope you get my point.

I have godless, and yes, I want to remove it. Yes, I took it because I wanted the free PPs, and also I though f*ck the gods, I can do much better without them, besides, we have like what? 6 gods that can be followed atm?. Well now I would remove it because I want to serve a god, especially when more gods are being introduced (I would take Potions, Harvesting, and Ranging when they get in-game, why can't I take godless when the gods are still far away to come?)

The same goes for Positive Perk Removals. I love IEDP, but if I could remove it without needing to #reset, I would, as well as such popular perks as NMT or MM, or any other.

Why do you say that removing some negative perk is easy? Imagine removing godless at OA 120+ - first, it would probably cost a fortune when/if it gets implemented at first, and second, you have to give back 8 pickpoints. Eight! Is it easier to reset at OA 120+ or is it easier to get 8 PP's at the same level? Sure, you can buy nexuses from NPC for hydrobars, and then nexus removals from other players, which would make it about 6 million gcs in worth. How much does a reset cost?

Buy 8 whatever atributes do you have removal stones and remove them, you got them from the perk anyway,

not that expensive.

And like Ive said Im ok with positive perk removals as you have to spend pickpoints to get them. More than the perks are usualy worth, while negative perks are mostly free pickpoints for those who take them.

Edited by Desertus

Those perks that give huge advantage at the beginning of your EL life and become less and less useful/powerful when you progress (Godless, MM, etc.) should not be removable easily. Getting cash to buy removal stone and pp's is too easy for a well developed character. Either you take advantage of such perks and then struggle/reset, or stay perkless.

Isn't it already hard enough to keep getting good levels though?

This is still a game, and reset recovery can really be a pain in the rear end to some. Imagine having reached OA 120 being godless and you give it some thorough thought and decide you want to get rid of godless, without ever having reset before. You have the choice between:

a ) a reset that will make you lose the free pps you are granted when you first start up your character, plus it will hold you back on severals points while you try to recover your OA. Getting to OA 120 will take a few months at least to get back

b ) buying a stone that will remove the perk. In order to do this you will probably need to remove some attributes with stones too, because you are not very likely to have that many floating pickpoints.

For either option there is 'punishment' (loss of pps and a lot of time vs. a whole lot of gc), and personally I like the idea of people being able to chose the quicker, yet more expensive option.

That said, No I wouldn't mind if you were able to freely redistribute your pickpoints, at least the ones invested in attributes. There could be limitations as to how often you were allowed to do this, like a redistribution cooldown of a month or so, and I wouldn't even mind if there would be a fee to pay for that.

Edited by dilloesional

a ) a reset that will make you lose the free pps you are granted when you first start up your character

That is a common misconception, there are no free PPs on start-up. The PPs you get stem from getting some Attack/Defense levels when you create a character (to be able to kill rabbits).

Imagine having reached OA 120 being godless and you give it some thorough thought and decide you want to get rid of godless, without ever having reset before.

If you give it a "thorough thought" then you have to count with reset, so if you "decide you want to get rid of godless", you are prepared to work on your OAs again :evilgrin:

Imagine having reached OA 120 being godless and you give it some thorough thought and decide you want to get rid of godless, without ever having reset before.

If you give it a "thorough thought" then you have to count with reset, so if you "decide you want to get rid of godless", you are prepared to work on your OAs again :evilgrin:

Just to be clear... I am currently on my 10th reset recovery and I am one of the sillies that actually enjoys the process. But I am totally for there being multiple ways to undo past choices. As I said.. it's still a game we are playing, and I can imagine someone would get very discouraged at even the thought of resetting.