Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nidan

godless removal stone

I have searched the forum to see if any reason was given as to why there are no godless removal stones. I couldn't find any reason.

What would it take to have them added to the game?

Can we perhaps 'earn' them by redeeming some invasion tokens?

Edited by Nidan

In my opinion there should be removal for every kind of perk, negative or positive doesn't matter - just like it's with Nexus / Attribute Removal...

Yeah, I think this would be a popular thing. Someone takes godless then a long time later wants to take a god but dosnt want to reset.

I would presonally really love to see an mm perk removal stone.

And I agree with sque would be nice to see a perk removal stone for all perks.

Perhaps Ent might be agreeable to putting in new perk removal stones for invasion tokens?

We already discussed it somewhere, the problem was what to do with the PPs that were required/allocated for the positive stones. Case in point, should you get your PPs back by using positive perk removals?

We already discussed it somewhere, the problem was what to do with the PPs that were required/allocated for the positive stones.
There was no "problem", just a few people that thought there should be some penalty for removal (perhaps not getting all your PPs back). But most people seemed to be agreed that removal stones should be simple: if you remove a positive perk, you get all your PPs back; if you remove a negative perk, you need to have that many PPs available (and they're removed). Any cash you spent for the perk is lost (not returned).

And I would tend to agree that over time all the perks (with Entropy's noted exception of skeptic) should have removal stones. Personally I'm waiting for a MM removal on the PK server.

I think we discussed about it when the perk removal stones were added, and my conclusion was that it kind of is unfair for someone to take advantage of those PPs then be able to join gods.

Of course, I could make it extra rare or something, but the next perk removal stones will be the positive perks.

Godless removal stones should be super rare drops for invis rats ;)

Edited by Acelon

We already discussed it somewhere, the problem was what to do with the PPs that were required/allocated for the positive stones. Case in point, should you get your PPs back by using positive perk removals?

If you didnt get the PP's back, why even bother removing the POSITIVE perk then?

I have searched the forum to see if any reason was given as to why there are no godless removal stones. I couldn't find any reason.

What would it take to have them added to the game?

Can we perhaps 'earn' them by redeeming some invasion tokens?

imo godless could be used as a positive perk to reach fluff strength @ 70 or less a/d if they lack pps, therefore xp on fluff + godless > xp on mobs @ lvl 60-70 with god ;)

There is another scenario for the perk removal stones: we can introduce in the game the removal stones for all the perks, but we can block the #reset command for who reaches high OA levels (>90 or 100?), or anyway a big quantity of experience (as the sum of all the experience from your skills). This will force high level players to manage their characters by buying removal stones, using hydro bars to buy nexus or so.

We can even imagine another scenario: the removal stones of a negative perk absorbs more than the original PPs given by the perk (e.g.: the godless perk removal stone will require 10pps free to be used, instead of 8pps that godless originally donate), like the positive perk removal stones will give you back less than the original pps absorbed by the perk itself.

just my 2 cents ;)

We can even imagine another scenario: the removal stones of a negative perk absorbs more than the original PPs given by the perk (e.g.: the godless perk removal stone will require 10pps free to be used, instead of 8pps that godless originally donate), like the positive perk removal stones will give you back less than the original pps absorbed by the perk itself.

just my 2 cents ;)

the stone is already rare enough though, if you need to buy hydro pp to compensate the loss it would be crazy expensive ^^

There is another scenario for the perk removal stones: we can introduce in the game the removal stones for all the perks, but we can block the #reset command for who reaches high OA levels (>90 or 100?), or anyway a big quantity of experience (as the sum of all the experience from your skills). This will force high level players to manage their characters by buying removal stones, using hydro bars to buy nexus or so.

just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

Nononononononononono!

Did I already say no?

There are a few sensible reasons for wanting to reset, and well.. I myself have been known to reset for not so sensible reasons like a chipped nail or a bad hairday (had I never reset, my OA would have been around 120 now). Why on earth would you want to take that option away, ESPECIALLY for the higher OA levels. It would rather make sense to not allow lower OAs to reset, in order to teach them to properly manage their characters from an early stage.

I will not even comment on the penalty pickpoints for the perk removal. I would rather #killme_yes twice :S

just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

the stone is already rare enough though, if you need to buy hydro pp to compensate the loss it would be crazy expensive ^^

indeed but it have to be expensive :devlish:

I think the idea of losing more than you have spent or gained for using pickpoints should remain the same of how many you use or gain.i think there should not be a penalty otherwise people would rather keep than lose it.keep the amount returned the same as what is used or given

I think the idea of losing more than you have spent or gained for using perks should remain the same of how many you use or gain.i think there should not be a penalty otherwise people would rather keep than lose it.keep the amount returned the same as what is used or given

I think the idea of losing more than you have spent or gained for using perks should remain the same of how many you use or gain.i think there should not be a penalty otherwise people would rather keep than lose it.keep the amount returned the same as what is used or given

Edited by Zalbo

I think we discussed about it when the perk removal stones were added, and my conclusion was that it kind of is unfair for someone to take advantage of those PPs then be able to join gods.

Of course, I could make it extra rare or something, but the next perk removal stones will be the positive perks.

isnt it the same with any other perk? take HS take advantage of the PP and then be able to get rid of HS.

if it's gonna get in-game it shouldnt be any harder to find then any other stones,

i think it would be a real expensive stone considering it takes away godless, so just taking advantage of the PP and then be able to join gods is an expensive joke, besides doing god quests again.

I for one would be willing to give up the recieving of the pp's to get rid of some perks.

First off you elected to take the perk in the first place why should you gain them back just because you

changed your mind, in my opinion you should just cut your losses and move on and earn them back by hard work.

Or do what everyone else does "reset".

When you have perks at 130 or 140 oa you expect people to reset because they want pick points back from a positive perk that they had earned in the first place?say if someone takes mm perk and when they get to fluff or feros they have to either keep the perk (with removal stones already in game) because they will lose pick points if they remove it?or reset and go back to ogre's for another 90 oa levels?that rubbish,you should get back what you gave and give back what you given.No penalty should be invoked towards them for wanting to remove the perks.none

First off you elected to take the perk in the first place why should you gain them back just because you

changed your mind, in my opinion you should just cut your losses and move on and earn them back by hard work.

Or do what everyone else does "reset".

The game changes all the time, and that is what can cause a change of mind too. I, for instance, took godless perk when there were no attribute caps. I used the 8 pps for extra coordination. Then the attribute cap was introduced, and my 8 pps could no longer be used to increase my coordination. Instead i had to assign the 8 pps to a less useful attribute.

If the stones cost around 100k each, i think that would be enough of a punishment.

Anyway, i see in the news section that 2 perk removals have been added. I wonder if godless is one of them :)