Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

GIWS challenge

OK, so I'm tired of getting killed by GIWS invasions while I'm working on GIWS donations. I want to get this done. We've got under 200K sulfur and under 2M gc to go. So let's start with sulfur.

For the next couple weeks, I'll match any GIWS sulfur donations. If I use all I have in storage, I'll commit to getting more until I can match it.

A couple conditions:

1. I have to be in the game and not AFK so I can see the donation. I might match it then or later when it's convenient to get to the NPC.

2. I'll only match what the NPC announces (I think that's 2K and 5K increments).

Of course you're free to donate gc as we need a lot of that too.

Let's work together as a server for one last push and finish this thing.

===========================================

Donation and matching record:

jvg 10K donated (10/13), bkc matched (10/14), grim matched (10/14)

jvg 5K donation (10/14), bkc matched (10/14), grim matched (10/14)

Legendary_KoD 15K donation (10/14), bkc matched (10/14), grim matched (10/14)

Segor 25K donation (10/14), bkc matched (10/14), grim matched (10/14)

Boy 5K donation (10/14), grim matched (10/14)

Handyman 10K donation (10/14), grim matched 5K (10/14)

AND WE'RE DONE!!

Edited by bkc56

i'm back from my trip, got home too late today so I'm only checking the forums.

This week i'm planning on having some sulfur harvest, as I've completed the more urgent stuff I had on my list.

Grim (who doesn't have a forum account (yet)) contacted me. She has pledged at least 50K in additional matching for sulfur. That means that any sulfur donations will now count 3-times when Grim and I each match it.

I dont get on here as much or as long as i used to, the times i work have change

But will try to help out

Odin will be due to make another donation soon (trying to put his small profits back into the server)

would set him to buy sulfur but i dont think many would sell to him so its just gc from Odin

will wake up my alts soon when i get a spare day they can harvest about 10k sulfur an hour :)

2 Questions

1 Once we have GWIS up and running what is needed a month to keep him that way?

2 Are GWIS harvesters/runners still getting Pkd buy certain players/guilds? (i believe this is why alot of people stopped helping out)

handyman Thor

1 Once we have GWIS up and running what is needed a month to keep him that way?

2 Are GWIS harvesters/runners still getting Pkd buy certain players/guilds?

1 - I checked it on the test server a while back and I think getting it to level 1 we need 100K gc per month. I think we can live without the 1 and 2 minute or so warnings that levels 2 and 3 give. I don't think it's worth the extra gc each month.

2 - I'm reasonably vocal about what I'm doing and have been left alone to do the work most of the time. It's still not 100% safe, but I think most people realize letting me do this work is good for the whole server.

With grim and I prepared with over 50K each for matching, we could finish the sulfur part this week if a few people got serious about helping. At that point any help from Odin with the remaining gc would be really cool.

Edited by bkc56

I will try to get some more today. got 10k sulfur in sto already. will try to donate when both bkc and grim are online :)

will try to log later for a bit and harvest if possible.

Thanks to all. The sulfur is completed and we just have about 800Kgc to finish.

Edited by bkc56

Yahoo! Now we need all that gc before we can escape the horror of random chims appearing outa nowhere