Entropy

Removing rule 5 (multiplaying)

Should rule 5 be removed?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Should rule 5 be removed?

• Yes
    • Yes but with some conditions/limitations
    • No

IMO with removing this rule 5 (with the restriction that chars cannot exp PvP)

the economy would be boosted and more people have money to buy pro stuff

strategies would change but that is ok

and still...

so if i have 10 characters and i am filthy rich... (like everyone else) so WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?

life quality improves only (without the rule is like livin in the US.. i can have more than one job, many different stocks to make profit.. NOT JUST ONE).. COME ON!!

Edited by furzwei

If by multiplaying you mean one person controlling more than one character then I vote no. But if u mean by multiplaying that my brothers and friends can all play at our house without being harassed by mods every hour about rules which we are not breaking then I say yes. so all in all its not good.

Absolutly do not remove the rule please!

People have worked hard for there levels, AND they depend upon freinds and other players for things. It works for the most part.

If everyone could create alts and mules there would be less interaction between different players.

I don't want some dude to just pull an alt out everytime they want some new armor or those pretty c2 rings.

Yes, it would be nice to have my alt able to sell me all her bones. Or heck, just give them to me. Much nicer! But I don't think thats very fair or nice.

I defintily voted NO!

I would be okay with rules being eased for different people playing off the same IP. But only if they have proved that they are different and individual people. And hopefully they don't play each other's chars.

I might also be okay with slight revisions. But for the most part I think the rule is a really good thing!

I voted No.

And I am shocked and appalled that this would even be put up for debate.

A rule which has been so strongly enforced for the majority of time since EL came out ( And the consequences of breaking the rule harsh ) simply put on the line to public opinion.

Removing this rule would drastically change the economy , I'm not even going to repeat how it would change it because so many people have already said.

It would also change the way EL is played as already said by many people , We will have people running around in the best armor you can get stinking rich beyond belief , not to mention they would be able to mix whatever they wanted because they can simply afford it , so for everyone that said it wont effect attribute build , you are wrong.

For me personally it would just totally ruin the game.

Economy is a big part of EL , And I enjoy watching the economy run smoothly , economy = trade , trade = communication.

Trading doesn't only effect your pockets , but sometimes we can make new friends through it.

It would turn into a battle of whoever can run the most clients without their PC crashing and blowing up. Not whoever can level the quickest and become the best on EL.

You remove rule 5 , you will be removing lots of people who play EL. Surely enough new members will come , but IMO i like the current people who play EL and I wouldn't like to see those people leave because of this.

Please , I beg you , Do not remove rule 5 , PLEASE!!!!

Mikus

Lol the economy in this game isnt something to brag about. Imo nothing else could hurt it.

If by multiplaying you mean one person controlling more than one character then I vote no. But if u mean by multiplaying that my brothers and friends can all play at our house without being harassed by mods every hour about rules which we are not breaking then I say yes. so all in all its not good.

People can control more than one character now, they just can not interact with them.

Yes, kick it in the bucket where it belongs to be.

There are technical solutions to stop that so called "cheating", which just means, that someone is more clever than you are.

Macroing is, and should be, still illegal, thats the biggest danger for the economy.

Since it is still one person controlling alts, its fair for everyone.

The argument, i will make 100 alts and let them harvest for me, is BS.

Just try it to control multiple chars, you will get mad. The harvest events forces you to jump from client to client, its not that you just let a char harvest and after a given time you come back and run the full inventory to storage.

Not to mention families and friends playing from the same IP.

Just make perks more expensive (some are already), maybe limit the number of trades from the same IP per day, lets say 2-3 same IP trades, and let ppl play in peace.

As long as it's not macroing, multiplaying is IMO absolutely fine.

Just my 2 euro cents :(

Piper

I voted No.

And I am shocked and appalled that this would even be put up for debate.

A rule which has been so strongly enforced for the majority of time since EL came out ( And the consequences of breaking the rule harsh ) simply put on the line to public opinion.

Removing this rule would drastically change the economy , I'm not even going to repeat how it would change it because so many people have already said.

It would also change the way EL is played as already said by many people , We will have people running around in the best armor you can get stinking rich beyond belief , not to mention they would be able to mix whatever they wanted because they can simply afford it , so for everyone that said it wont effect attribute build , you are wrong.

For me personally it would just totally ruin the game.

Economy is a big part of EL , And I enjoy watching the economy run smoothly , economy = trade , trade = communication.

Trading doesn't only effect your pockets , but sometimes we can make new friends through it.

It would turn into a battle of whoever can run the most clients without their PC crashing and blowing up. Not whoever can level the quickest and become the best on EL.

You remove rule 5 , you will be removing lots of people who play EL. Surely enough new members will come , but IMO i like the current people who play EL and I wouldn't like to see those people leave because of this.

Please , I beg you , Do not remove rule 5 , PLEASE!!!!

Mikus

you can get filthy rich! and what is the problem with that?? you like to be poor and suffer?

the only thing the alts will do is harvesting!!! and the main players still make your beloved economy run cuz they have manu lvl and crafting lvl 50+ and the top players would buy more stuff cuz they have more money!!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW AN ECONOMY WORKS!!

with the removing of this rule.. life quality simply would increase!! that is great!!

Look before you vote no ( if you havent already )

Consider the familys playing EL from the same IP and what sort of restrictions and limitations they have on the way they can interact with each other.

You and your guildys / friends from different IP's can trade with each other 200 times a day, mule for each other, give each other gifts, constantly lend each other GC/items if you wish.

Family playing on the same IP address cant do the things you take for granted as part of your everyday EL life.

We CAN trade ( but reasonably ) , but thats about all we can do without running the risk of being banned simply because for example I traded with my wife too often.

So think about it from our perspective and maybe a Yes - But with limitations makes more sense.

Im not for being allowed 10 alts who can all interact with each other, and im not for macroing, I simply see this as a way to voice what its like for familys who play EL ....... yet are restricted somewhat

*edit* meh

Edited by Ateh

How long before everyone's running around with dragon plate mail?

Hopefully not long at all. Would further assist in equalizing PK.

EDIT:

can we just call this thread closed??

NO FTW!!

its already over 50 votes ahead

Actually, "No" is only 19 votes ahead :P:( (atm)

As both of the other two options are "Yes", albeit one with conditions, which i'm sure 'with conditions' is still preferable to the Yes voters than No is.

Not really.

Your always so against PP buying etc. If this rule was to be removed....where would my alts be? Right...mining iron all day to buy me more PP's on top of the yeti and AC i kill for gc with my main...think about that.

Voted NO btw.

Ah i see.

Because this change would allow people like yourself to further (ab)use a balance flaw elsewhere in the game i should automatically be against it.

Right.

EDIT:

Maybe the richness is good tho, everyone could buy PPs and that would equalize PK after a year when everyone has every positive perk and 48 on all attributes.

Actually, you make a very good point Gohan, that i hadn't even considered... this would allow more people to buy pickpoints, potentially helping to further balance PK.

Definitely Yes.

Edited by Korrode

Absolutely YES.

I see a lot of babbling about EL should be hard etc. People, please come to your senses! Every high-level player simply cannot afford to cheat if (s)he wants to further develop own (main) character - all time that person has simply must go in the development of the main char. I see no harm in allowing multiplaying, and certainly I think EL will continue to be a hard game.

and still...

so if i have 10 characters and i am filthy rich... (like everyone else) so WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?

life quality improves only (without the rule is like livin in the US.. i can have more than one job, many different stocks to make profit.. NOT JUST ONE).. COME ON!!

lol? u dont mean that serious? u really should reread the crap u just posted >,<

(its even more sensless as ur first post...)

that was maybe bit too offensive, but c'mon... livin like in the us? having more job than only one? issnt el just like that? u can have as many jobs as u want but like in RL (and the US) u cant have more than 1 body that is earning gc/$$ for u...

Edited by flexus

I voted NO!

I think rule 5 is probably the rule that holds this game together to remove or modify rule 5 in my opinion would seriously degrade the game .

the_grud

and still...

Now, picture this: you are filthy rich, you own everything that is available in game, have all attributes maxed out to 48, have read all the books, and your store contains 10 billions gc. ... And so does everybody else. You will not go into PK, because you will be gang-banged by the 12 alts of someone who has a better PC than yours, and you have an alt who can do every item in every skill. ... And so does everybody else.

In this game, scarcity is the main motivational factor; Radu could easily put 10 billions gc in everybody's storage, probably with a single command. Will that provide any incentive for playing? Especially -- again -- if everybody else has the same amount? Why would you be playing then, if not to prove your worth against obstacles and difficulties?

no

To clarify:

This game is based on working hard to get levels, not (for example) getting an army of alts to harvest for you so your main can have every item ingame in a week.

If Roja wants to have to put new items in every week because there is more money than g0d has gold bricks ingame and everyone is fighting in dragon plate and beggers get given 100k at beam then go ahead.

Please don't destabilise the economy.

I agree.

I voted No.

Initially thought no, but then voted Yes but with limitations.

The reason i voted like this is because my wife and I play EL and even though we are known to be 2 different people ( i contacted Aislinn when my wife started playing again ) we are still restricted as to what we can do together.

Any other two people in the game can trade all day long, mule, bring HE - SRs to each other while training , and yet simply because my wife and I share the same IP , we have restrictions.

So in answer to those people who asked for a protocol for completely not allowing same IP trading ( by removing the function alltogether when the trade happens on the same IP ) your not thinking about the familys that play EL together and already live under completely different set of rules than you do.

IMO this is the thing that I would like to see changed, I dont want to be able to have 10 alts mining titanium for GC , and I dont want to Macro for fuck all effort. Id just like to be able to play the game with my wife by the same set of rules as everyone else lives with.

P.S Whatever happens, i'll stick to the rules anyway, but thanks for even offering the chance to have a say about it Entropy

Not sure if this is possible; but EL could be programmed so that only 1 client per computer can run (at the same time)?

Besides my main Vixen_Rose, I also have 2 alts. Both of which I've been know to go on one or the other and train while I'm busy harvesting away on my main just to keep me occupied and i'm sure others do this as well, so having EL programmed so only one client per computer can run at a time would really umm bite. lol

you can get filthy rich! and what is the problem with that??

with the removing of this rule.. life quality simply would increase!! that is great!!

Good look getting filthy rich, IF when to much money is coming into the game . Ent removes the npc's that buy ores etc... and good luck selling ores to players who also have 5 harving alts :(

Why not simply allow multiplay for 1 day and see what happens? I doubt it ruins the economy but even if it does would take more than 1 day to happen.

1 day wouldnt work

1 month will see a bigger effect

I'm for No

For all you people saying there would be people creating 20 char and using them for different stuff like muling pvp training etc, wouldn't that go against rule 8 no char creation spamming? Or no because people could do 1 every month and it wouldn't be a short period of time.

you can get filthy rich! and what is the problem with that?? you like to be poor and suffer?

the only thing the alts will do is harvesting!!! and the main players still make your beloved economy run cuz they have manu lvl and crafting lvl 50+ and the top players would buy more stuff cuz they have more money!!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW AN ECONOMY WORKS!!

Thank you for your input Mr.IknowHowAnEconomyRuns ,

The economy is running fine as it is , It is true that people with high crafting and manufacture levels etc ... help the economy run , but my point still stands, It will be a battle of whoever has the best PC.

People will be running around in the best armor you can get , which IMO is pathetic and will make the high level fighters which have invested so much time in training feel puny and insignificant.

Removing this rule would make many people stinking rich , And for some that would just completely throw their personal objective and excitement of the game out of the window.

Not to mention removing this rule would require a lot of editing , thought , and maintenance , things like cost of perks etc would need to be changed to prevent total balls up of EL.

Please , Do not remove rule 5!!!

Mikus

Absolutely not.

What separates EL from many other games is its community. If I am allowed to use 10 alts to harvest ore, I would afk-harvest with 10 alts to do that, rather than paying someone to harvest for me. Trades would decrease dramatically. There would be massive inflation, OR resources would be far more rare. If the average person has 3 alts, I'd imagine the rates of finding rostogol stones would decrease by at least 75%. This means each player will spend just as much time harvesting before finding a rare stone. It would either be this, or EL shop sales decrease dramatically, and we have no server.

It's bad enough to go to EVTR or MM and see half the people there harvesting AFK. Imagine all mines and popular resources completely full when everyone and their mother has alts afk-harvesting around the clock.

Rule 5 is "No Cheating", not simply "no family members may ever trade, evarr!!!" Long strides have been made as far as avoiding false positives. So long as players play fairly, allowances can be made on a case-by-case basis. Please do not vote yes out of fear of being banned for giving an iron sword to your own child, for example. If unclear on the rules, ask a moderator for clarification. Please do not destroy the economy out of fear of being wrongfully punished.