Should rule 5 be removed?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Should rule 5 be removed?

• Yes
    • Yes but with some conditions/limitations
    • No

Yes,w/conditions.

Tokie

Has anyone mentioned the antisocial perk yet?

10 free pickpoints - just get an alt to buy for you.

Has anyone mentioned stay in mines all day to mine then sell gc to players for $ in rl? Wow there is mule transfiguration, makes muling all that silver to sto easier, ya? Just because this puts a hurting on your business of making rl $, dont have to mention the anti perk for pkers who DONT spend USD on the game to actually get ahead,mkay

Yes but with some conditions/limitations

I wouldnt completely remove that rule but i can imagine that its no too bad to allow it from time to time.

What about a "Special day of multiplay"?

Usul

Initially thought no, but then voted Yes but with limitations.

The reason i voted like this is because my wife and I play EL and even though we are known to be 2 different people ( i contacted Aislinn when my wife started playing again ) we are still restricted as to what we can do together.

Any other two people in the game can trade all day long, mule, bring HE - SRs to each other while training , and yet simply because my wife and I share the same IP , we have restrictions.

So in answer to those people who asked for a protocol for completely not allowing same IP trading ( by removing the function alltogether when the trade happens on the same IP ) your not thinking about the familys that play EL together and already live under completely different set of rules than you do.

IMO this is the thing that I would like to see changed, I dont want to be able to have 10 alts mining titanium for GC , and I dont want to Macro for fuck all effort. Id just like to be able to play the game with my wife by the same set of rules as everyone else lives with.

P.S Whatever happens, i'll stick to the rules anyway, but thanks for even offering the chance to have a say about it Entropy

If multi-play is made legal, it should be with the same condition as used on the PK server: no experience for pvp training (to prevent easy training with an alt).

We've been running this way for months. Of course (as pointed out above) alts cost $5 each so that slows down their creation a bit.

I'm 92/102 a/d. do you even THINK i would train a freakin alt to get alllllll the way to my a/d and pvp? not even worth it dude. monster training at my A/D is the best way to level. k

How long before everyone's running around with dragon plate mail?

Hopefully not long at all. Would further assist in equalizing PK.

EDIT:

can we just call this thread closed??

NO FTW!!

its already over 50 votes ahead

Actually, "No" is only 19 votes ahead B):dry: (atm)

As both of the other two options are "Yes", albeit one with conditions, which i'm sure 'with conditions' is still preferable to the Yes voters than No is.

Edited by Korrode

If you are blind to see that it will be end of peacful mixers,determined A/D trainers,economy,rough gameplay(best part of EL imo) vote Yes.And how fair would it be for players who got banned for it earlier?

Has anyone mentioned the antisocial perk yet?

10 free pickpoints - just get an alt to buy for you.

Has anyone mentioned stay in mines all day to mine then sell gc to players for $ in rl? Wow there is mule transfiguration, makes muling all that silver to sto easier, ya? Just because this puts a hurting on your business of making rl $, dont have to mention the anti perk for pkers who DONT spend USD on the game to actually get ahead,mkay

I have hardly done anything as a mule, and this is not about me selling gc. Believe it or not I put the game's future above making money - most of which ends up back ingame anyway - I pay for p2p for (TC) guildmembers, bless bots (even ones I don't use) with the ebul rl $ I get.

And how fair would it be for players who got banned for it earlier?

Completely fair.

Edited by Korrode

What I type here is not ment to be insulting or to cause any flamage, insult, nor belittle any player, admin, nor coder of EL in any part nor as a whole. I appologies to any one who feels insulted or offended and help to clarify anything in better 'friendly' term. My intent is to bring a new ideas which will enrich the game for more "fun" while keeping it still "fair". "Fair" and "fun" is defined by the total results of the whole, not of the few. I'm not saying any of my ideas are better then what is currently working on a day to day basis. All I am doing is presenting ideas for potential implimentation or even consideration of implimentations. Please do not block, flame, kill, boot, or ban me, or my characters from EL or the forum on the thoughts presented below because they were presented in an honest attempt to bring more "Fun" while maintaining "Fairness" for all players.

With that said:

I confess I choice "Yes with limitations" but I would have choice "No, with new ideas" if it was a choice.

Here is an idea, you set up a mail system with in the game, (other then gossip) where you can sell resources to people off line and they can pay by C.O.D. (Cash On Delivery). There will be a mail fee (say 2 gold, and the gold can come out of storage if they don't have it on them) if it's sent from one player to another player. (Player is one who is the person behind the key board who might have many characters. A character is identified as a unique Character within EL which belones to only one Player.)

Where a mailing tax is applied to trading between two characters own by the same player. Say a 7% or 10% tax of the value of the item (based on trinitybot). If I mail a Serp Stone from one character to another character, the average value is 5,000 gold, therefore, at 10% I need to pay 500 gold to send it. (this is just the first idea for this approach, second approach for the same idea is below with Accounts.)

Additional idea:

Accounts: Set up so that one player has one account, and all their characters go onto one account. No player is allowed to have two accounts. This way you know who owns which character. Therefore one player can have only one account but many characters. Then set it up so that you can only have one character playing at any one time, at which point, you don't need to have a mail tax on character to character transfers by mail because they really aren't multi-playing because the are spending the same amount of time to do the same amount of thing as any other player who is only using one character.

These are just ideas which I present in hope to enrich the game and to increase fun while maintaining fairness for all players. I know that all changings and improvements take time, but if I didn't feel this was worth the effort put in. I would not have persented it.

The reason i voted like this is because my wife and I play EL and even though we are known to be 2 different people ( i contacted Aislinn when my wife started playing again ) we are still restricted as to what we can do together.

Any other two people in the game can trade all day long, mule, bring HE - SRs to each other while training , and yet simply because my wife and I share the same IP , we have restrictions.

So in answer to those people who asked for a protocol for completely not allowing same IP trading ( by removing the function alltogether when the trade happens on the same IP ) your not thinking about the familys that play EL together and already live under completely different set of rules than you do.

IMO this is the thing that I would like to see changed, I dont want to be able to have 10 alts mining titanium for GC , and I dont want to Macro for fuck all effort. Id just like to be able to play the game with my wife by the same set of rules as everyone else lives with.

P.S Whatever happens, i'll stick to the rules anyway, but thanks for even offering the chance to have a say about it Entropy

Not sure if this is possible; but EL could be programmed so that only 1 client per computer can run (at the same time)?

I'm 92/102 a/d. do you even THINK i would train a freakin alt to get alllllll the way to my a/d and pvp? not even worth it dude. monster training at my A/D is the best way to level. k

It's not about you. It's about the next newbie, creating a few alts, doing PvP between them all the day, and getting to 92/102 a/d without much effort, faster than you can post in the forums that you want shorter respawn times... :dry:

NO FTW!!

man.. yes and yes with conditions is the same.. dont call at all..!!

AND COME ON!! SO I am the best with 26 characters.. AND?? I rule the market!! AND?? ... i really dont get why is it so upsetting to have 52 characters? make it a 100.. and what? come on open your eyes..

I completely agree with you.

How long before everyone's running around with dragon plate mail?

Hopefully not long at all. Would further assist in equalizing PK.

EDIT:

NO FTW!!

Actually, "No" is only 19 votes ahead B):dry: (atm)

As both of the other two options are "Yes", albeit one with conditions, which i'm sure 'with conditions' is still preferable to the Yes voters than No is.

Not really.

Your always so against PP buying etc. If this rule was to be removed....where would my alts be? Right...mining iron all day to buy me more PP's on top of the yeti and AC i kill for gc with my main...think about that.

Voted NO btw.

is there anyway you can specify what the limitations would be??

such as, only having 2-3 chars .

only 1 trade a week

macro still illegal

something?

Completely fair.

Can explain how?

they did their wrong doings while it was still in effect

Yes with limitations. Limit the number of concurrent alts by IP. Something sane like 2. I'm not saying limit the number of alts that can be owned. Everyone has a pile of them. Just limit the concurrent server connections to 2 or whatever makes sense. If it's done automatically, Aislinn is free from ban hammer duty. She could spend her time much more effectively chasing macroers or automated clients. That's the real danger to the economy imo.

I have an all rounder for a main. I started a fighter only. It would be nice to give him some stuff to get started. Same person doing all the hard work. I earned the items or the skills to make them.

If I have a mule on and an alch'er, I'm still tending to both of them...

EDIT: As an aside, I don't endorse any kind of macroing or automated clients. Keep rule 5 and amend it.

Edited by Sphere

Completely fair.

Can explain how?

Fair because they broke the rules that were in force at that time.

If a person commits a criminal act and is punished for it and that law is later repealed it does not mean the player did not break the law. He did and was justly punished for it.

Voted yes, with limits. I would say 1 alt per person. Like Ateh, my main reason is that 2 of my sons play the game, although not very regularly. Being their Father, I would love to give them items and interact normally with them. As of now, I am afraid they would make a mistake and we would all get the ban.

No, I can think of way too many possibilities to benifit way too much from this. I could possibly skyrocket my a/d, start mass running alt chars into major richness, etc etc ...

Maybe the richness is good tho, everyone could buy PPs and that would equalize PK after a year when everyone has every positive perk and 48 on all attributes. (Yes, I find Korrode a funny man.)

On the other hand I do feel for those people who play from the same IP and have restrictions from that, but is there absolutely no possibility for them to show who they are and allow them to play like other people, without those restrictions?

-Gohan