Removing rule 5 (multiplaying)

Should rule 5 be removed?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Should rule 5 be removed?

• Yes
    • Yes but with some conditions/limitations
    • No

No

Would make the game less of a challenge and to easy imo.

I agree, where is the challenge of levelling if you can mulit play? If you have an alt then you made that alt knowing you were to level it the same way you did your main....through working it.

Just my opinion but thats part of the fun

I voted no.

And if you talk with a mod or teh god two or more individuals can play under the same ip address, but there are still rules ya gotta follow even then.

NO!

this game wouldn't be anymore about the greatest player, with the best strategy how to train etc, but it will be about the one who can handle the most alts on his/her computer.

Yes. Too many tasks in EL are simply dull where you just have to wait for something else to happen. Waiting while harvesting, waiting to walk across a huge map, waiting for that creature to respawn, waiting for cooldown, the list goes on and on.

It is simply not as much fun to only play one character because half the time you are not actually doing anything besides waiting.

Playing on main server, I find I HAVE to be reading the forums, watching youtube, looking at facebook...something for me to actually do while I wait. Playing PK server, there is always something to do between 2 characters.

So unless these waiting problems are fixed, I think removing it is a good idea.

Major disadvantages:

- If you are kept busy, forums/channels/#gm etc all less active.

- Annoyance of the fact that half the people you meet will be so-and-so's alt.

- Overcrowding, especially at harvesting places.

- Resources produced a lot faster.

- Everything can be done by one person, little reason to interact, looses MMORPG feel

I think multiplaying should be illegal, but ONLY if these waiting problems can be addressed.

yes just limit the char they have

i dont know what system they use but but limiting chars is a tall order... i do it for another game (TINY mealy word-based one) so on the scale of EL.... well that'd need alot of vodka to get rid of that headache...

No,

maybe be a little less hard for new players who make the mistake (who actualy reads the rules when tehy start ? ) It shouldn't be allowed.

dunno what influence it will have but i dont think it will do any good.

Removing the rule would mean that whoever has the ability to control the most characters at the same time could rule the market and the market would be royally screwed. The only annoying part about the rule is when family and friends play from the same house, but as long as the mods are understanding and willing to check into things, that is still doable. Please keep the rule.

Talixim, ask a mod for a test of individuality. Ask them to verify you are separate people. They will keep it on record and only ask that you don't do manu uneven trades. At least that was the deal when I still lived with my girl.

My biggest concern has always been what it will do to the economy to have people running so many alts and working them together. Think of the effects like people doing more them selves and trading less, and running several chars legally just to make money, hauling stuff to/from storage while they train, etc.

Well, there are only so many characters you can control at once :dry:

Actually, you don't really need to "control" them, e.g. n-1 could just harvest (potentially slow stuff) without requiring any attention, and the nth would reape the benefits.

From an economic point of view, the effect of removing rule 5 is to nullify harvest time; whenever I need materials faster, I can add an alt, thus increasing my throughput. The net effect is very similar to removing or greatly reducing harvest time, and allowing immediate teleport to any specific point (e.g., to spy in an arena, or just to move from resource to resource with a single character, instead of keeping multiple alts, one at each resource).

And as for fighting, someone suggested that multiple alts don't help with training a/d. That is of course false, given that you would be able to do PvP at any time you like. Same for mana drain to level magic, etc.

So I am with Learner on this one and my vote is no -- although I understand how difficult working to enforce the rule is.

this game wouldn't be anymore about the greatest player, with the best strategy how to train etc,

Of course it would.

The manner in which the alts are used would become a part of the strategy.

...and the amount of alts being traded with would still have no bearing on some key components of training strategy, such as attribute build.

Has anyone mentioned the antisocial perk yet?

10 free pickpoints - just get an alt to buy for you.

If it is allowed, would have to completely redesign the economy to slow down production, in my opinion.

I voted ... Yes

I've seen it on the PK server, and yes I know that aint as the main server

but I like it.

It's just nice to put ur alt on the job, and chill on your main IMO :dry:B)

It wouldn't be possible to check the client IPs on server, while trading and if they are the same, 'accept' button staying unclickable?

If peoples cannot do it, they won't try.

Maybe can be the same mechanism for dropped bags, the bag will store the ip address who is dropped and if player with another name but with same ip willing to get it, s/he cannot do.

very good point : if people aren't tempted by the possibility they won't do it.

in fact leaving the trade system as it is would be +- asking for people to do IP trades, because if it is forbidden, why is it possible to do it? ;/

My biggest concern has always been what it will do to the economy to have people running so many alts and working them together. Think of the effects like people doing more them selves and trading less, and running several chars legally just to make money, hauling stuff to/from storage while they train, etc.

Well, there are only so many characters you can control at once :dry:

It's still a high number. I can have 10 EL windows open with 9 alts harvesting titanium and selling it for gcs in WV mine if I wanted and my new video card can handle it. I still vote no.

yea i ahve a Nvida 1 Gig video card, that can handle a crap load of stuff, its my pc that cant B) p3 3GHZ ftl :(

ill just take my moms 2.4GHz quad core 4gig ram comp muahaha

NO!

Edited by zipher4

I vote Yes, but with limits. Macro'ing is still a no-no... but i see no problem trading same IP as long as it is limited... Like a main char can only trade with 1 alt... none of that 10 char harving while 1 trains bs. Needs limits. Like idk... If you are going to be multiying, must write in a topic on forums (so mods/ent knows about it, and also if players of EL are curious to know) the name of your Main char and your Alt char that will be doing trades, If more chars than that are trading on same IP, then punishable

As opposed to that perk only being 10 free pp's for top ranked a/d'ers who can orc slayer yeti?

Allowing multi would at least make it truly 10 free pp's for everyone, not just a select few.

If you ask me it's 10 free (free=15k gc) pps anyway.

dangit labrat!

well there is also something called "having friends" not sure if you guys have heard about that

If multi-play is made legal, it should be with the same condition as used on the PK server: no experience for pvp training (to prevent easy training with an alt).

We've been running this way for months. Of course (as pointed out above) alts cost $5 each so that slows down their creation a bit.

Maybe there can be other solution: for example a possibility to send items or things in a virtual package from one char's storage to another. It can be paid in gc (bigger or less amount) or in $, or some way its limited (based on stones or anything).

This is growing faster than I can read :dry: .

I voted no.

For the same reason LabRat listed on the same page. How long before everyone's running around with dragon plate mail? Moreover, what would you do to try and decrease this? Make stuff more expensive? = short term measure, and more people leave the game.

For once, I feel I am obliged to say this would totally ruin the economy!