Entropy

Removing rule 5 (multiplaying)

Should rule 5 be removed?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Should rule 5 be removed?

• Yes
    • Yes but with some conditions/limitations
    • No

it would be great if my two chars could finally be on at the same time to trade.. i could trade and help my roommate to play too and get into EL... i mean multicharacter will not make someone the ultimate fighter at all... so why restrict it?

why i cannot give my other character a pickaxe without being banned? or a serpent sword if i feel like..?

come on .. its time to move on and remove rule 5!!

i voted yes, i play for fun and never do multi but if some1 want to... only misunderstoods with this rule and bans wtc...

Ofc lot of ppl will cry because they manuers/crafters/alchzorz and treiners buying stuff from them and now any1 will can make own stuff, but w/e

I voted yes with limitations.

It would just make the game insane if people had 50 alts to help them carry stuff around. Lagfest and probably a destroyed economy.

But it would also let two different people on the same IP trade between their characters.

of course it should and of course it should have limitations... not helping limitations, but character limitations. I think each person should be allowed one alt to act with as they see fit.....

PK server rocks without the worry of rule 5.... no stress about proving families, no section for people full of banning and whining and begging to be back in game, lots less hassle for Aislinn and others too I would believe.

Okay, thats my two cents.... take em or leave em.

Saying this, if it does not go through, I would still obey it on Main as I always have.

My biggest concern has always been what it will do to the economy to have people running so many alts and working them together. Think of the effects like people doing more them selves and trading less, and running several chars legally just to make money, hauling stuff to/from storage while they train, etc.

Well, there are only so many characters you can control at once :evilgrin:

my computer can handle plenty, i have tested can run 4-5 well. plus my other computer, plus my laptop...

people will have too many alts working for them

NO

i and i dear say a few others would leave should this rule be removed even thow i was cought out by it i had not read it fully and didn't really know the consiquences but since being done for it i thought bout it and realised i agrea with lerner... it would DESTROY the EL economy if it was removed...

It would be nice until it got out of hand

But this game is so goddamn time consuming and tbh it's a drag. All the time it's just a slow level grind. It would be a great change for it to be faster paced.

Edited by Talixim

It wouldn't be possible to check the client IPs on server, while trading and if they are the same, 'accept' button staying unclickable?

If peoples cannot do it, they won't try.

Maybe can be the same mechanism for dropped bags, the bag will store the ip address who is dropped and if player with another name but with same ip willing to get it, s/he cannot do.

of course it should and of course it should have limitations... not helping limitations, but character limitations. I think each person should be allowed one alt to act with as they see fit.....

PK server rocks without the worry of rule 5.... no stress about proving families, no section for people full of banning and whining and begging to be back in game, lots less hassle for Aislinn and others too I would believe.

Okay, thats my two cents.... take em or leave em.

Saying this, if it does not go through, I would still obey it on Main as I always have.

PK server at least requires that you pay Ent for each alt, this server doesn't have any such restriction. So, the number of player per person starts being limited by their PC, lag, and how well they can run them. I'd also expect macroing to go way up as well.

My biggest concern has always been what it will do to the economy to have people running so many alts and working them together. Think of the effects like people doing more them selves and trading less, and running several chars legally just to make money, hauling stuff to/from storage while they train, etc.

hey... the output (GDP) of the game would increase so much!! more raw materials enter the game, things become cheaper (maybe) and that would increase the spending and eventually speed up the economy!! i think multi char should not be forbidden!! whats so bad about it?

and ent is right! to do really sophisticated action.. you only can control one (maybe 2) guy(s) at a time..

It's still a high number. I can have 10 EL windows open with 9 alts harvesting titanium and selling it for gcs in WV mine if I wanted and my new video card can handle it. I still vote no.

voted yes, cause my bro and me seem limited in interaction even though were different people with different chars.

Because you share chars, don't play it differently >.<

Voted NO

i only pk for him, i aint benefitting in any way from trading with him.

Yes it should be removed with limitations, its only fair because it has so many usd noob in the games, make it fair'r for other palyers who dont use massive usd on the game...all the usd players will say no watch