Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sphere

KillBot Arena Event

Occasional special event(s).

Have 2 kill bots spawn in an arena and fight it out. No drops.

Different guild map could be host and arena for each event?

New temporary event NPC could take bets on winner, or sell passes to event (fairly expensive.)

x amount of gc for bot entry fee.

x amount of gc for spectator fee.

x amount of $$ for "Fight Bot" class bot or pass to participate for the season.

Winning kill bot owner splits entry pass fees and/or portion of bets with hosting guild and/or bragging rights.

Arena would simply be an array of X-Y coords that the bots would be limited to.

Regular players caught stepping on arena grid (or border) get beamed straight to underworld.

Could be held in conjunction with a real PK arena type events?

Maybe have someone do color commentary in event channel?

A Mod makes sure there is no interference from spectators. Moves NPC to correct location pre-fight. Announce fight. Kill rouge/haywire bots before they kill everyone :)

Someone somewhere must have a "swiss army knife" type bot to keep win/loss standings for the season and advertise next fight occasionally.

Championship at end of season.

One issue is that a partially automated fight bot would be hard to detect and might have a big advantage. Maybe have a box somewhere in EL land to host the fight bots? :P

One issue is that a partially automated fight bot would be hard to detect and might have a big advantage.
I'm confused by this. If it's a killbot battle, then of course they'll be automated, in fact they should be fully automated. The whole purpose of such a competition would be as a test of the underlying code. Otherwise the winner would be trivial to determine by just looking at which bot has the most blessing, and if two are tied, which bot has the best armor/weapons. It's all about the smarts (human or computer) behind the character.

Sorry, worded that a bit vague. I agree completely , but how do you *know* it's a bot and not someone running bot code and fiddling with it during the competition? The spirit of the event would be coder vs coder with entertainment for all.

I think they would have to run on a hands off box somewhere unless someone has an alternate idea...

I'd love to get hacking on a fight bot :P

I have corpus on my kills counters a few times! How about that :)

Bot vs Bot.. not Player vs Bot. So that statistic is oh so irrelevant.