Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

Who knew SPAM had an expiration date?

As those of you who have done a #guild_info on SPAM know, we have a lot of members. Unfortunately when you subtract the alts, and people who don't play anymore, our active members have been in the range of 1-3 for the last few months (with occasional visits from other folks). As the critics are quick to point out, this doesn't make SPAM much of a supplier guild.

As it so happens, a series of "interesting" events has prompted TessAnna to create the guild PAL (from main) on the PK server. It is also noteworthy that the guild rules for PAL are very close to those used by SPAM. For this (and other reasons) it makes sense for the SPAM guild to merge with PAL. It would seem clear that one larger guild is better than two (or more) smaller ones.

So as of the posting of this note, the SPAM guild has merged with the PAL guild and no longer exists.

From a practical standpoint, in order to save the 30K guild creation fee, what has actually happened is that SPAM has been renamed and I have relinquished my rank 20.

All past members of SPAM are therefore automatically members of PAL. If you want to take this opportunity to move to a different guild, contact TessAnna or myself and we'll remove you so that you can.

All past NAP agreement (and tag colors) with SPAM are also now transferred to PAL. If your guild wishes to upgrade or downgrade those relations, please contact TessAnna to negotiate the changes.

SPAM's bot Canned has also moved to PAL. Despite any false statement made to the contrary, it will continue to have only one set of non-guild prices. But the prices and items purchased and sold may change to meet the needs of the PAL guild so stay tuned.

I think this is a positive change for everyone involved, and personally I look forward to my time in PAL.

I am very excited about these changes. I hope all welcome the changes as we do. Help us to help PAL grow to be the best supplier guild on the PK server. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss these changes and what they will mean to you.

I look forward to retaining the many NAPS and Alliances already in place and creating many others :)

On a side note:

Leaving LVL^ was a personal choice. The guildies there are AWESOME people, I just needed the types of things I am normally used to :) Can't teach an old dog new tricks.... Too comfy with the old ways;)

Well, much like the phoenix of old, the SPAM tag has once again risen from the depths. The name "Suppliers Producers and Mixers" is much more appropriate for a supplier guild, and everyone seems to prefer the bot to be called "Canned Spam".

So SPAM is back. There are no other changes. We're still a non-PK supplier guild and will continue to provide our usual goods (essence, SRs, and training gear mostly), services (free mixing of ings) for those interested, and server support (contests and GIWS help).

If you see us, give us a :whistle:

Ok Back now <Nickolah Ill be able to start coming on a little by little still healing. Minkoh and Runifucan are now proud parents of a beautiful baby girl.They will be on their way back as the little darling lets them get some sleep.Baby was 5lbs

and 11 oz and was three weeks early. Sorry gone so long but I guess when your my age you dont recover as fast as you do when your younger.Dont know when Nomercy is coming back he s been busy helping with new baby and has a few more performances to do and him and his sister had caught the flu. Hopefully Minkoh baby and I only get a mild case of it. Im tired of being laid up.Well see you all later on today.Miss the game alot . Calla>Nickolah

I am happy to see SPAM is back, it was a nice guild name B)

And Canned Spam makes a whole lot more sense than Canned Pal.

Definitely Agree!