Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cdmrnaruto

Need a simple bot code.

I need a bot that will simply accept trades, and nothing else. It will be used to accept donations that will be used to hold events and other things named Medici Corp.

If you'd enjoy donating prizes for events, you might want to look into this too: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44859 - official events can use donations too ;)

I will not be giving any pay, unfortunately, because we are very poor atm

Keep in mind though, like I told you in game already, that bots DO need to be paid for - the fee to get it in game and approved, even if you can find someone to give you code and host it.

(I can't answer the code part of your questions, but just so you know a bit what you're getting into)

I need a bot that will simply accept trades, and nothing else. It will be used to accept donations that will be used to hold events and other things named Medici Corp. I will not be giving any pay, unfortunately, because we are very poor atm

Also, how do I use a bot code?

Ok, firstly, do you know how to program, and if so, what programming language are you comfortable with? If you don't know how to program then you need to find someone to code the bot for you. If you can program, then there are many different open source bots around which you can use as a basis for your bot and simply strip out the bits you don't need.

Secondly, you need to have somewhere to run the code of the bot that can access the EL server whenever necessary. Given you are looking for donations then you probably want something that can stay online indefinitely.

Thirdly, you need to have this bot approved by Entropy and you need to pay for it.

Fourthly, you need a character in game that will become the bot character. Once it is approved it will be changed into a bot (purple name) and you can run the bot code setting it up to login as that character. Once the character has been "botified" you cannot level its stats so any leveling for the character needs to be done before seeking approval.

Remember: you need to test all code on the test server _before_ running it on the main server.

There are other bot rules you need to follow as well. Have a look at the other threads for that information.

/edit: Rearranged it some

Edited by Torg

Let me clarify a few things.

We are not going to be uising all the money to donate to events, but to make our own events.

I am not saying pay to have a bot, im saying pay a player in gc to get the bot code.

I do not know any internet languages, Although i can try the editing thing.

Everything i say about money is gc

Also, thanks for the help

Edited by cdmrnaruto

Getting bot code and running it ingame are two different things.

How you get the bot code (pay someone in gc or code it yourself) is your business.

But once you have a working bot, you MUST pay in real life dollars to entropy to be allowed the privilege of running it ingame. That is non-negotiable.

The mods have tried to make it straightforward. I'll make it clear.

Until you get a bot accepted and authorised by Entropy (the game owner) you are not getting a bot.

To get a bot accepted you need to pay Entropy. Real money. "But I r poor" is not a reason not to pay the $20 or $100 non-optional fee.

Once Entropy authorises the bot then you can run bot code on it.

If you get bot code and run it expect to have the character locked immediately.

I am going to try editing a bot code to make it like mine, but i still have a couple questions.

Can i have the bot code on my computer before my bot is approved?

Will the code affect my player, or will it just affect the bot?

Also, i dont mind still getting a bot cde, it would save me the worry of having to know enough of any internet language to edit a bot code.

Yes you can have a bot code on your computer but if you run the code and connect to the main server expect a ban.

The code will affect the bot.

Again I reiterate:

Do not run the bot code until you have paid for the bot and had it accepted by Entropy - it will get locked.

Bot code is not the Eternal Lands client and therefore would not reside in the Eternal Lands install folder.

When and if you find someone willing to work with you on this project they should be able to explain exactly what is needed to be done.