Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Debian/Ubuntu packages from latest CVS

I installed eternallands client from link,

but i can see only official client :(

is there any compiled CVS-client in repository, or i must compile it myself?

There is a package called eternallands-cvs in the same repository. Either open a terminal and, for Ubuntu, use "sudo apt-get install eternallands-cvs" or for Debian "su -" to change to root then "apt-get install eternallands-cvs". Alternatively, you should be able to find the package the GUI package manager. This package will install a new icon in the "Applications->Games" menu labelled "Eternal Land (CVS)". The last build was from 20 Feb but it does not include the new textures feature as that would require new data too.

hmmm i wonder why i cant see cvs-client using GUI package manager...

ill try apt-get

EDIT: when I manualy added repository (add-apt...) all works perfectly (i can install cvs client) but previously when i used install program i couldnt install cvs client

PS. sorry for my english :)

Edited by karolus

I saw that there is a new CVS client in the Repositories today. Is there a changelog available?

I saw that there is a new CVS client in the Repositories today. Is there a changelog available?

It's just a snapshot from the latest git version. It would be easier for you to check the recent commit logs.

I'm trying something different for packages released from the latest source code. Rather than have a difference package for CVS git, I've created another package repository. If you add this repo to your source list, the standard EL client will be replaced with the current test version. This simplifies things and will allow testing packages for data and release candidate etc too. The testing version has always been stable and fully usable, I've never had to switch back to the standard release because of issues.

Anyhow, the testing PPA is available for Ubuntu only (Debian is on the way) and only for Lucid and newer versions. If you want to use it add the PPA:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pjbroad/testing

Then update/upgrade as normal:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Of course, you'll also need to have the base PPA installed still, no action required unless you've never used the PPA packages.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pjbroad/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install eternallands

If you've used the eternallands-cvs package previously, it can be removed using:

sudo apt-get purge eternallands-cvs

Edited by bluap

The Debian testing repository is now available, again the standard repository is also needed.

To use the standard repository, open a terminal and use:

su -
cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
wget http://www.twinmoons.org.uk/debian/twinmoons.org.uk.list
apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com D8BEADBEB10E30F2
apt-get update
apt-get install eternallands

To add the testing repository and update the client:

su -
cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
wget http://www.twinmoons.org.uk/debian/twinmoons.org.uk.testing.list
apt-get update