Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bahamut_Zero

Mage Staff

Since we now have ranged attacks like the archery skill, i think it would be possible to use the exact same system to provide some new weapons, like magical staffs that shoot magic fire balls, or lightning or ice.

There could be fire staffs, ice staffs, lightning staffs an so on.

This way we will have real mages :whistle:

I like this idea, but it has been suggested before, and the developers/entropy(radu) are probably considering/designing new spells already. :whistle:

Edited by Gildrig!

I like this idea, but it has been suggested before, and the developers/entropy(radu) are probably considering/designing new spells already. :whistle:

the idea isnt about new spells, its about a new kind of weapon, a staff with magical preoperties that can shoot elemental "bullets"

the idea isnt about new spells, its about a new kind of weapon, a staff with magical preoperties that can shoot elemental "bullets"

Main problem with idea's like this is that it takes to long to program and such and it really isn't worth it in the end. Better to slim your idea down and make it really simple so that it can be done easly and won't cause a bunch of "ruckis" when implimented (like when bows came in o: ) Cool idea anyawy though :D

Kinda like putting an EFE on a wooden staff and making it shoot fire balls everywhere. Why not go and buy some Fire arrows and short bow?

I like this idea, but it has been suggested before, and the developers/entropy(radu) are probably considering/designing new spells already. :pickaxe:

Main problem with idea's like this is that it takes to long to program and such and it really isn't worth it in the end. Better to slim your idea down and make it really simple so that it can be done easly and won't cause a bunch of "ruckis" when implimented (like when bows came in o: ) Cool idea anyawy though :)

Sorry lol but program what?

As i said, just use the exact same system, but replace the bow with a staff, we just need a new animation.

And about the ammo, i was thinking about some new item (like in diablo u need to reload staves), but to make it easier i like Gildrig´s idea of using essences, we could have staff equipped and as long as we have essences associated with it in inventory, it would shoot those essences.

Edited by Bahamut_Zero

i think that would make EL to much like runescape :)

I have never played rune scape, and as much as I am in favor of new wepons for mages. I dont think they should be "ranged wepons"

Rangers use range wepons

Mages use magic!

Fighters use great/glowy swords

Summoners use Loads of Enriched Essc's

I do like the idea of staffs that have Nice defensive capibilitys, extra mana, extra health, magic protection/resistance

But lets leave the ranged weps to rangers.

Since ranging skill is very slow/expensive to level it will be some more time untill we see active pk rangers, but it will happen.

Well offensive magic is a range type skill. The rs like staff he

is referring to , lets a player bind a spell to the staff, so you attack and it instantly

casts that spell on the target, until essence is out (rs calls it 'runes' same thing)

Magic should allow you to cast a 'harm' (or in this example fire bolt) at a

distance. Currently el requires all mages to fight at melee distance (<= 5 tiles)

IMHO magic needs the distance that rangers have. It makes magic for a

mage rather difficult, since he has to practically stand on the opponent to cast anything.

(to the above post) Yes, for me it seems especially noticeable when casting poison. If the mages were given a little more range, could it potentially mean they wouldn't get attacked by nearly every monster they cast a spell on?

maye also make the armor spell leven more powerful when you reach higher levels like the mine with enginering

so 3 armor + 1/10 magiclevels or als can be 3 armor + magix nexus* 1/10 magic lv

so thats mages can have also have a good protection against melee damage without wearing much armor for example

the magix nexus would be so thats (melee) fighter have more trouble to use it effectiveness or they need to spend extra pickpoints for it.

greets

human_alien