Happy_G

do animals have a soul?

Do animals have a soul?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do animals have a soul?

• yes
    • no

epic post alert - typing while watching UFC lol

Where are these Historical Records? Who are you referring to exactly ? Please provide information to back this up !

still dont see any .......

Bible?

Where are these Historical Records? Who are you referring to exactly ? Please provide information to back this up !

Bible?

Actually, the New Testament is considered a reliable historical source by quite many researchers.

Bible?

Actually, the New Testament is considered a reliable historical source by quite many researchers.

That's what I have been trying to say whole time :) But u said it better :)

SweetEyes just said she likes you for this comment :icon13:

SweetEyes is my GF just FYI

What bkc is saying is that the existence of the historical figure Jesus Christ is well established by historical records,

Where are these Historical Records? Who are you referring to exactly ? Please provide information to back this up ! Seriously guys if you are able to do this you both deserve to be made St's !! Id LOVE to see some of these historical records please. As to date, nobody on planet earth has been able to provide ONE account from anybody living at the same time as when the big J.C was supposed to.

Any real scientist doesn't say Jesus wasn't real person. There is more historical reconds about him than most of other historical persons. And yes bible is included in these historical records. There is so much different writers writing about him, that he mush have existed. Do u think all those people who wrote bible, just applied that there is mythical person named Jesus? It's different thing do u believe in his miracles or not, but there sure was person named Jesus

Secondly there is some records about Jesus outside of Bible too. I just can't remember what they was.

Anyways I don't understand why people are crying "OMFG there sure wasn't person named Jesus etc. etc." Why is it so hard to believe, that maybe there is something true in bible? U think that if u believe Jesus was a real person, u have to believe that whole bible is true?

just because there is so many ppl writing about him doesnt prove anything... its sorta like santa clause.. its by word of mouth one person says it they pass it on and it spreads.. just because santa clause is talked about alot doesnt mean he is real..

i never said "OMFG there sure wasn't person named Jesus" so dont eggsagerate (spelt wrong i know)

the bible doesnt proove anything, if i payed 1000 people to right a book very similar to the one i wrote about a ceartin religion... then in 2000 yrs time it doesnt mean it is real just because so many ppl write about it. please note im not saying one guy payed many ppl to write the bible, im just saying there are many ways to pass on one thing to another person.

Edited by Dremora

since we are already off topic, i want to say something about Santa Clause ^^

i think santa was real at one point in time, he might not have climbed down chimneys and into peoples homes but whos to say the stories of santa didnt come around b/c there was a guy that liked to leave presents on peoples door steps or something, just in the town he lived in. and when news of this guy spread, and they called him santa (or he called himself santa) other people in other towns decided to do the same thing, thus the spirit of Christmas (aka santa) was born. i see santa as a spirit of x-mas, not a physical being himself.

What bkc is saying is that the existence of the historical figure Jesus Christ is well established by historical records,

Where are these Historical Records? Who are you referring to exactly ? Please provide information to back this up ! Seriously guys if you are able to do this you both deserve to be made St's !! Id LOVE to see some of these historical records please. As to date, nobody on planet earth has been able to provide ONE account from anybody living at the same time as when the big J.C was supposed to.

Any real scientist doesn't say Jesus wasn't real person. There is more historical reconds about him than most of other historical persons. And yes bible is included in these historical records. There is so much different writers writing about him, that he mush have existed. Do u think all those people who wrote bible, just applied that there is mythical person named Jesus? It's different thing do u believe in his miracles or not, but there sure was person named Jesus

Secondly there is some records about Jesus outside of Bible too. I just can't remember what they was.

Anyways I don't understand why people are crying "OMFG there sure wasn't person named Jesus etc. etc." Why is it so hard to believe, that maybe there is something true in bible? U think that if u believe Jesus was a real person, u have to believe that whole bible is true?

just because there is so many ppl writing about him doesnt prove anything... its sorta like santa clause.. its by word of mouth one person says it they pass it on and it spreads.. just because santa clause is talked about alot doesnt mean he is real..

i never said "OMFG there sure wasn't person named Jesus" so dont eggsagerate (spelt wrong i know)

the bible doesnt proove anything, if i payed 1000 people to right a book very similar to the one i wrote about a ceartin religion... then in 2000 yrs time it doesnt mean it is real just because so many ppl write about it. please note im not saying one guy payed many ppl to write the bible, im just saying there are many ways to pass on one thing to another person.

I didn't mean u said it. I mean that generally. That many people are saying Jesus wasn't real.

Anyways there was an article about Jesus in one science magazine (Tieteen kuvalehti in Finland) and they said not many scientist says that Jesus wasn't real and also they mentioned few sources outside of bible that mention Jesus. I just can't find that magazine again.

And still as others pointed here, there was someone from whom Santa Claus model is taken. So there must have been someone like Jesus, that has started rumours about him.

And sorry for my perfect English again :hug: I swear I'm better debater in Finnish lol.

Edit:

From wikipedia: for example next historians mentions Jesus: Josephus, Tacitus, Thallus, Plinius, Mara Bar-Serapion, Suetonius, Talmud.

Also IMO it's one prove too that Islam has taken Jesus as their prophet too. I don't believe that people who write quran, have read bible. So there must have been some other sources about Jesus.

Still I don't try to prove that Jesus was more than normal person, so don't get me wrong.

'

Edited by Miiks

Edit:

From wikipedia: for example next historians mentions Jesus: Josephus, Tacitus, Thallus, Plinius, Mara Bar-Serapion, Suetonius, Talmud.

Also IMO it's one prove too that Islam has taken Jesus as their prophet too. I don't believe that people who write quran, have read bible. So there must have been some other sources about Jesus.

Im glad someone finally mentioned some names ! Ive seen these names come up alot when referring to a historical Jesus. Trouble is not one of these people lived at the same time as when Jesus is supposed to have. So they are writing down what they have heard from other people, not what they experienced themselves, for all we know it could have been passed to them as third fourth of fifth hand information. Its not really historical data to write down what other people have told you.

Besides there are far more people who DID live in Jesus' supposed time who DIDNT write a single word about him, not a word. Why ? SUrely someone would have noticed him healing the sick, surely SOMEONE in the ancient world would have noticed the sky turning black ( a solar eclipse ? not mentioned ) and an earthquake ?

And Josephus' writing about Jesus is really really questionable as to if its real or not. Not to mention Josephus also speaks about hercules being a real god to, so ... hmm should we believe that to ?

Anybody ever read about the Council of Nicea ? Where they decided which books would go in the New Testament and which would not ?

Also, anybody ever read about the other saviours of mankind that pre date Jesus ? The same saviours that were died and rose from the dead ? What about Petra ( peter ) the egyptian god who holds the keys to heaven and the afterlife?

What about Amen ? WHere does that comes from ? Which ancient religions of the world were saying Amen thousands of years before Christians muttered it at the end of thier prayers?

Which other dying and resurrecting godmen were born at the winter solstice ? ( dec 25th )Which other godman was called The Light and The Way ? Tell me ! Which other God Man was referred to as the Lamb of God ? Look into it , absolutely fascinating.

Theres really alot more to this than first meets the eye, and by the way Morpheus ( Erma ) thanks for judging me :(

*edit* alot of editing

Edited by Ateh

Edit:

Im glad someone finally mentioned some names ! Ive seen these names come up alot when referring to a historical Jesus. Trouble is not one of these people lived at the same time as when Jesus is supposed to have. So they are writing down what they have heard from other people, not what they experienced themselves, for all we know it could have been passed to them as third fourth of fifth hand information. Its not really historical data to write down what other people have told you.

Besides there are far more people who DID live in Jesus' supposed time who DIDNT write a single word about him, not a word. Why ? SUrely someone would have noticed him healing the sick, surely SOMEONE in the ancient world would have noticed the sky turning black ( a solar eclipse ? not mentioned ) and an earthquake ?

And Josephus' writing about Jesus is really really questionable as to if its real or not. Not to mention Josephus also speaks about hercules being a real god to, so ... hmm should we believe that to ?

Anybody ever read about the Council of Nicea ? Where they decided which books would go in the New Testament and which would not ?

Also, anybody ever read about the other saviours of mankind that pre date Jesus ? The same saviours that were died and rose from the dead ? What about Petra ( peter ) the egyptian god who holds the keys to heaven and the afterlife?

What about Amen ? WHere does that comes from ? Which ancient religions of the world were saying Amen thousands of years before Christians muttered it at the end of thier prayers?

Which other dying and resurrecting godmen were born at the winter solstice ? ( dec 25th )Which other godman was called The Light and The Way ? Tell me ! Which other God Man was referred to as the Lamb of God ? Look into it , absolutely fascinating.

Theres really alot more to this than first meets the eye, and by the way Morpheus ( Erma ) thanks for judging me :devlish:

*edit* alot of editing

Good points :) And I have been saying whole time, that I'm not trying to prove Jesus was anything special :evilgrin: But still I think there must have been someone like Jesus (just teacher etc.) that has started rumours about him. And still there is people who lived at same time as Jesus was supposed to live... in bible -_-'

I also notice u know lot more about these things than I know, but I still think most of people mentioned in bible are true. Including Jesus. Of course I can't prove it, but u can't prove he wasn't real too ;D So I think arquing about this is pretty needless :)

+ I fully believed in bible earlier, but not anymore after I started to use my own mind instead of listening my parents and other believers.

Edited by Miiks

I was already very interested in this subect and have spent years looking into this and other related subjects regarding philosophy/religion.

If you are very interested in this subject then get & read this book: The Case for Christ.

It basically answers/talks about all the things you asked in your post. It's very good, written in plain man's English.