Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

has anyone levelled Mule yet?

I have been a mule for way over a thousand food, and I have not levelled.

I thought it took 9 hours per level?

Or is it 9 hours straight without a break (which rules out most of the EL population from ever levelling I imagine)?

I bought the following amounts of food and ate the vast majority of them:

I may have given away a couple of hundred, but that still puts me at 1300 or so creature food ate yesterday

2 food per minute = 120 per hour = 1200 for 10 hours

I am still eating now (thanks Maxine :P) and I will make a new post if I level in the near future

Edited by LabRat

I've been a mule most of the day yesterday, at least 12 hours, without leveling. I agree that the consecutive "muleness" requirement wouldn't make sense. Another thing that would be nice to know, besides how long you have to stay in a shape to level, is whether the state of regular food level is relevant when that time is counted.

For the vast majority of it I was eating food (I was in the fast read area - nothing else I could really do so I was reading the Creature Food book).

Another 80 minutes (and rising) as a mule, still no change in the level :P

Add another hour :/

And another hour :/

Ask on the market channel for "Mule Glyphs" and "Creature Food"

Another hour

And yet another hour ;)

I am almost finished reading the Creature Food book, which means I must have been eating for at the very least 1000 minutes (20k book, 4 reasoning, fast read area)

Well i found at if u use the look icon on ur self when ur in mule form it will tell you the lvl ur at in shape shifting

Thanks but I already know how to tell the level I am at, level 0.

You see: LabRat

You are level 0 shapeshfting for the current creature!

The point of this thread is that I am not levelling, and neither is anyone else by the sound of it.

Yeah, sorry for that, it hasn't been tested properly on the test server and there was a problem. Should be fixed on the test server now, if it works I will restart the main server tonight.

Nothing to do with the levelling, but since it's being worked on again anyway: there is a problem with sitting down and mules. When you morph into a mule while sitting down and with sit lock on, you can't stand up with the 'stand up' button to walk away.

When you try to walk away, you get 'Sitlock is enabled. Disable it or stand before walking.'. Disabling sitlock works - you can walk then. Walking works with ctrl-click, just like normally (not as mule) when you have sitlock on. Just trying to stand up with the 'stand up' button has no effect.

When enabling the sitlock again, the problem repeats (can't walk, of course). The problem is in the 'stand up' button not functioning.