Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miiks

Mirror cloak mirroring BroD / BoD hits?

Just have an enriched Mirror Cloak that has a chance to deflect BrOD and BoD :P

So this was Acelon's idea, but I saw this so interesting that desided to make own thread to it to get some conversation.

But my opinion is that normal mirror cloak could have change to mirror BoD / BroD hits. Change should be pretty low (0,75 % change with BroD and 0,8 % change with BoD if I calculated it right?).

And because the change is that low, maybe make it so, that red cape doesn't protect against mirrorised BoD / BroD hits?

I'll make it clearer with an example:

I'm fighting toom with my a/d 13 char and make damage every time I hit him with BroD. Toom has mirror cape and there is 10 % change (iirc) that cape mirrors damage back. There is 5 % change to hit him with BroD so if I hit him with BroD and cape mirrors damage back, I would get branched instead of Toom. Same thing with BoD.

This would make mirror cape bit more useful, as people don't want to run random branching everyone with mirror cape.

So what do u think? :P

can be ok but imo no one would risk it you know, better buy a red cape instead of risking the other stuff... or just branch someone while using red cape so deflected wouldn't work. It is interesting but no one would ever use it i think, like the There Is No More Warlock cape.

can be ok but imo no one would risk it you know, better buy a red cape instead of risking the other stuff... or just branch someone while using red cape so deflected wouldn't work. It is interesting but no one would ever use it i think, like the There Is No More Warlock cape.

I was thinking that opinion too, but I also I'm sure branchers would think twice, before branching someone with mirror cape. There is already people who always pk in mirror / BP / even NMT and they also gets branched sometimes (u should know it :P). Now it's too "easy" to pull branch and branch your opponent as u don't get any neg effects yourself.

And I was suggesting, that red cape wouldn't protect from mirrored BoD or BroD hit.

But IMO this could be nice thing to try and see how it works if it's not too hard to change :P

Would this work if you had a red cape and mirror greaves so you wouldn't take a BRoD hit at all but can still reflect the effect?

-Gohan

Would this work if you had a red cape and mirror greaves so you wouldn't take a BRoD hit at all but can still reflect the effect?

-Gohan

Oops hard question :P Umh... Maybe? At least I wouldn't BroD or BoD anyone with red cape so...

Ah after thinking it should work this way too. U can also take mirror perk and use red cape, so this is same kind of situation.

Other way is to limit this effect just to mirror cape, but I think it's better if it works with mirror greaves and mirror perk too.

Edited by Miiks

Would be nice if the mirror perk/cape had a 10% chance to reflect ANY hit, so the special hits (BoD, Brod, mana deplete, mana burn, etc.) aswell.

Hmm I like this idea too (luckily I don't own JSoC anymore :P)

But anyways with special swords, change would be really really low. 2,5 % change to hit and then 10 % change that the cloak mirrors it back, so it is... hmm... 0,4 % change to mirror it back. And correct me if my calculations aren't right :D I'm really not good in maths so they can be wrong :P

Edited by Miiks