Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Affliction

Cape of Destruction

Ok.. when some one in my guild messed up and called the cape of the unbreakable the "cape of destruction" it got me thinking.. slightly..

It would have the same effect of a Branch of destruction. except the effect would take place when you get hit instead of when you hit the other person.

I think it would mostly be used when fighting people stronger than you with higher p/c or whatever that make them hit you more..

and the branch would be used when your fighting some one that you hit more..

or shoot. if your just really wild and wana have fun.. wear them both at once. :pickaxe:

all in all.. gives a little advantage to weaker people that, even if they had a branch probably wouldnt hit you with it. or even last long enough to try.

plus... more broken armor.. make radu happy :sneaky:

Ok.. when some one in my guild messed up and called the cape of the unbreakable the "cape of destruction" it got me thinking.. slightly..

It would have the same effect of a Branch of destruction. except the effect would take place when you get hit instead of when you hit the other person.

I think it would mostly be used when fighting people stronger than you with higher p/c or whatever that make them hit you more..

or shoot. if your just really wild and wana have fun.. wear them both at once. :sneaky:

all in all.. gives a little advantage to weaker people that, even if they had a branch probably wouldnt hit you with it. or even last long enough to try.

plus... more broken armor.. make radu happy :icon13:

Good idea - there seriously aren't enough things to discourage PK at the moment! :pickaxe:

The cape would be much better if it just wiped items from your sto, though.

or shoot. if your just really wild and wana have fun.. wear them both at once. :sneaky:

Good idea - there seriously aren't enough things to discourage PK at the moment! :pickaxe:

i think people just complain too much about things discuraging PK.. we just got a ND KF! and PK has been very active there.

and honestly.. if you see some one wearing a cape.. avoid them . its not like the branch in where it could be a bluff.. use strategy.. . and im SURE that the CotU would protect against this too.

i think people are just scared. and too dumb to use a little strategy.

i have never used a BroD or had it used on me..but if i did. i would want to use whatever i had to get back at that person...

Why not make it give you the self destruction perk? Then even low level players would be able to have a role in big fights with their guilds by being suicide bombers :pickaxe: Just an idea i was never fan of BroD so not too keen on this idea.

i think people just complain too much about things discuraging PK.. we just got a ND KF! and PK has been very active there.

and honestly.. if you see some one wearing a cape.. avoid them . its not like the branch in where it could be a bluff.. use strategy.. . and im SURE that the CotU would protect against this too.

i think people are just scared. and too dumb to use a little strategy.

i have never used a BroD or had it used on me..but if i did. i would want to use whatever i had to get back at that person...

You can change capes in the middle of a fight; I don't know what strategy you think one could use to avoid it beyond diss/tele.

As for the first part, ND KF is cool, but every time I've gone there's been one, and usually multiple, people way stronger than me to send me to the UW in five seconds, multiple times. I guess I'll have to train another 50 a/d levels before it's worth trying again - at the moment it's just a waste of srs/hes.

A mage wanting a cape of distruction. Bad idea sorry Jizzy,lol.

I break to much stuff already. Around 200K gc this week alone. Write it off as entertainment and for the most part it has been fun but we did not need mule stones to have asses in EL :pickaxe:

AttilaTHeHun

I had a similar idea :sneaky::pickaxe:

I was thinking the same thing but instead of a cape, it needs to be a shield. Maybe a spiked shield. Could have negative stats on it so would have a discouraged use rate except for the asses that like using brod. :icon13:

plus... more broken armor.. make radu happy :)

I smell arse licking. Why else are u suggesting things that would ruin pk even more? BroD is already enough and after this it would be even worse. So just (bad word) you and think before posting things like this.

Just have an enriched Mirror Cloak that has a chance to deflect BrOD and BoD :)

This idea is much better. But why should it be enriched mirror cloak? Wouldn't it be good if normal mirror cloak has this change to deflect those effects?

Edit: I didn't mean to be rude, but I have got hard day in work and still 2 hours left -_- But still I don't like the idea :P

Edited by Miiks

Great idea, Would probably mean that more people can get involved in PK.

Such a cape would be some kind of protection because your opponent would either switch to less valuable gears or has to wear a red cape.

Switching to less valuable gears is easy with the equipment swap feature now anyways.

Guessing, because it is a cape, the breakrate wouldnt be too low. So the chance to downgrade an item will be low too.

PS. you guys dont have to keep saying pk will die if things are changed to the game.

Such a cape would be some kind of protection because your opponent would either switch to less valuable gears or has to wear a red cape.

Switching to less valuable gears is easy with the equipment swap feature now anyways.

Guessing, because it is a cape, the breakrate wouldnt be too low. So the chance to downgrade an item will be low too.

PS. you guys dont have to keep saying pk will die if things are changed to the game.

Oh yea dude this is freaking awes0me idea!! But I was thinking the rates should be like 1 item of your opponent breaks every hit you take, and let there be a 50% chance that all his items will break with every hit, and a 20% chance that he will download a virus that delete's his hard-drive, and like a 5% chance that his char gets deleted, and a 1% chance that you get all his storage.

And haha, yea those god-damn hippies always moaning about PK dying, they don't really know what PK is because only people who never go to KF can make an objective and constructive view towards PK, because they arent involved.

Peace out all, gunna go jump from the roof and try break me legs for fun :) , and then I'll go slit slit my wrists because its a good idea. :P

Oh yea dude this is freaking awes0me idea!! But I was thinking the rates should be like 1 item of your opponent breaks every hit you take, and let there be a 50% chance that all his items will break with every hit, and a 20% chance that he will download a virus that delete's his hard-drive, and like a 5% chance that his char gets deleted, and a 1% chance that you get all his storage.

And haha, yea those god-damn hippies always moaning about PK dying, they don't really know what PK is because only people who never go to KF can make an objective and constructive view towards PK, because they arent involved.

Peace out all, gunna go jump from the roof and try break me legs for fun :) , and then I'll go slit slit my wrists because its a good idea. :P

Your idea is very good, but those percentages need to be higher, else it's too easy to deal with them.

If i were you i'd stop thinking...... even slightly if that's the kind of ideas you come up with :P

Best to leave thinking to the cows...slightly...

Its more of a -oh, i cant win so ill destroy my opponents items instead- idea...which in basis sucks as it doesnt help PK in any way.

LOL@Jizzy. This is simply a brod for mages--the worse defense and dodging attributes you have, the better it works!

:P but nice try at another advancement for the already overpowerful mage class :P

Edited by Ozmondius

LOL@Jizzy. This is simply a brod for mages--the worse defense and dodging attributes you have, the better it works!

:P but nice try at another advancement for the already overpowerful mage class :P

Invite you to give it a try. <3

-Gohan

;) but nice try at another advancement for the already overpowerful mage class :whistle:

Then why can't I empty KF >_<

And the cape idea is a fail imo, can't see the benefits for the PK. But hey, this topic did bring up some good stuff. St_Arcane, could you please tell me which way to slit my wrists to do it properly? I tried and now I need to paint my walls red :/

;) but nice try at another advancement for the already overpowerful mage class :whistle:

Then why can't I empty KF >_<

And the cape idea is a fail imo, can't see the benefits for the PK. But hey, this topic did bring up some good stuff. St_Arcane, could you please tell me which way to slit my wrists to do it properly? I tried and now I need to paint my walls red :/

How to properly slit your wrists, Self Harm - thanks to Uncyclopedia.

-Gohan