Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Affliction

PK counters tab

OK. this was suggested in guild chat and i decided to post it here.

What if we had a PKI tab in the counters. on it you would see the name. and how many PKI you have gained or lost from that person.

if you have lost more than you gained its red. if you have gained more than you lost, its white.

so what do you think?

it would be nub, coz you never get same pki :P so your counter will be filled and won't be readable after some time spent in kf ;p

it would be nub, coz you never get same pki :P so your counter will be filled and won't be readable after some time spent in kf ;p

As far as I understand this idea the pki you gain or loose to a ceartain player would be added up,

so there would be only one entry per player.

As far as I understand this idea the pki you gain or loose to a ceartain player would be added up,

so there would be only one entry per player.

yes. each player would be aded up.. so there will not be multiple entries of 1 name. just a total for each name.

i got a question.......can u clear counters??

if you can..yes this is a great idea.

if not......maybe we can find a way to make this a great idea without spamming counters.

i got a question.......can u clear counters??

Yes, you can.

if not......maybe we can find a way to make this a great idea without spamming counters.

But this whole idea is to avoid the spamming of counters. Keeping the PK counters on a seperate tab, and displaying a total PKI adjustment for each player, I think keeps it very neat.

There is a massive problem from the coding side of things however. The server doesn't send any of this information, therefore it would (like the current counters) be a bit of guess work and not totally accurate.

Basically you would (as is currently done) work out who you were attacking (calculated by the space infront of you), and then retrieve the new PKI value and manually calculate the adjustment based on the previous value stored in the counters. The naturally would cause problems when using different machines as the values in the counters are stored locally in the client, not transferred from the server, so they would get out of sync. One method would possibly be to update the current PKI value when logging in so the counter can show any adjustments accurately. Still not perfect, but a workable solution I think.

Personally I would think if this was to be implemented there should be 4 columns: Name, Kills, Deaths, PKI Diff