Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sywren

KF Changes

Do we want KF to be No Drop/No Mercury?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get the KF no drops/no mercury update on the PK server?

• No! Please don't change KF on the PK server!
    • Yes! Please make KF no drops and remove the mercury.

While the no-drop part might be fun, I'm really concerned about the loss of the mercury spawn that came with the change. Do to the high cost of EFEs, I don't think many/any people will use them to make alembics. And that would be a problem for all essence that use mercury.

While the no-drop part might be fun, I'm really concerned about the loss of the mercury spawn that came with the change. Do to the high cost of EFEs, I don't think many/any people will use them to make alembics. And that would be a problem for all essence that use mercury.

that says it all, i voted no

I had a quick look at the post about it on the General Chat and saw nothing about mercury. Did it got moved to another map (like suggested somewhere before on that post or just disappeared from the game?)

I will vote some time later. When I play I must be one, if not the one, of the players wasting more DE's but I have adjusted to other things in this game.

Anyway, I like the way KF is now with all those nice pets and bags :P

No for me. No Drops is great for invasions but doesn't seem very appropriate here. Oh, yeah, and I lubs that mercury!

I had a quick look at the post about it on the General Chat and saw nothing about mercury. Did it got moved to another map (like suggested somewhere before on that post or just disappeared from the game?)

From Entropy's Game Updates post:

KF is a no items loss map. The rostogols will still disapear though. The mercury is gone from KF as well.

The cocks have been moved back to WV.

2 new books.

The guild maps that had no loss on death areas lost them.

So far I've seen no information that it's been moved elsewhere (but that could happen).

It's not going to have a huge effect on this server, like it has on main, but an update is an update so.. I don't mind either way, kinda ruins a nice Forest Chim spawn though.

It's not going to have a huge effect on this server, like it has on main, but an update is an update so.. I don't mind either way, kinda ruins a nice Forest Chim spawn though.

FCW/fluff/birds still make bags, its just players that dont. Unless u meant u like PK'ing people that train FCW. :P

FCW/fluff/birds still make bags, its just players that dont. Unless u meant u like PK'ing people that train FCW. :P

No one trains FCW, too high when a/d is capped at lvl 100. Some do die from time to time, specially when I have to get me some merc :D

FCW/fluff/birds still make bags, its just players that dont. Unless u meant u like PK'ing people that train FCW. :D

Oh ok, I didn't know that. :(

Let the change come as normal, wont make much difference apart from Mercury, but I'm sure Ent could leave that there, or put it somewhere else. :D:P

No one trains FCW, too high when a/d is capped at lvl 100. Some do die from time to time, specially when I have to get me some merc

With a cutty i can get good att exp but would probably break after while with no nmt :pickaxe: . But i know what you mean (no break day is good time to kill fcw)

FCW/fluff/birds still make bags, its just players that dont. Unless u meant u like PK'ing people that train FCW. :)

Cool cos we still need them potion books

This i to understand but If updates come with everything i dont know if we would have a choice Best get out there and stock up on the mercury before changes come.

I guess i will be reading another book Buying loads of EFE'S lol

Would push up the price of some ess though or at least make a market for them

Would be good if chims dropped mercury regulary when killed would give capped players something to kill a monster for ( now that would be a plan )

Have not yet voted still thinking about it

Handy

Well this issue has been resolved. The PK server got an update and KF has become no-drop (which opens up some interesting possibilities for contests). But, we also kept the merc spawn (which I think is critical for the PK server since merc extractors are to expensive with 10K+ EFEs).

I think we may have gotten the best possible outcome: a no-drop map to play with, and keep the merc.

Certainly the best solution. Thank you, Radu!

Those of us who have frantically trying to hoard merc the last few days can breathe easily now.

Certainly the best solution. Thank you, Radu!

Those of us who have frantically trying to hoard merc the last few days can breathe easily now.

Glad I wasn't on that list, I only gathered 2k more :P

Edited by Segor