Eternal Lands Official Forums
DHT

Rayla

So basically, everyone is pissed off at Rayla and Tyrone, blocking them from guild bots, kicking from guilds, shitlisting etc etc.

I would like to know how many people have actually been bagjumped or scammed by these two, and either there is a way for us to do something, like signing a petition on banning them for some amount of time. Just say how many ppl need to say yes for this and count.

P.S. I know bagjumping is not against the game rules. But it is spoiling other people's fun of the game. Just think of the consequences.

EDIT: Besides, Rayla has even blackmailed some people, isn't that enough?

Edited by DHT

Be pleased that you can even complain, no matter what "the community" says this game and the admin staff do not condone lynch mobs, nor will they take mob mentality into account when considering banning players.

Bagjumping is an integral part of this game, like it or not. So is PKing and mining.

Bags are not meant as a safe storage, that is why you can increase your carry spending pickpoints.

It doesnt matter cause the MODs probably gonna delete this post like they did the last one. Seems like SOME MODs are encouraging outlaws now considering someone post a complaint in forums and they just delete it anyway.

Just deal with them in-game. Only way to fix it.

PaulB

(And I don't mean all MODs but I am sure the one who deleted the last post knows I am talking to you)

And I just read labrats post and I agree with him about the whole not banning them. But its like if you try to take any kind of action against them it can be considered harassment probably so you just have to be smart about what you put in bags and stuff. :)

Edited by Paul Brown

Its part of the game, you too have the choice to become a bj'er. I think of it as a perk, it might give nice things, but there are consequenses.

Simply knowing she cannot enjoy one of the best parts of this game is punishment enough, that said...

weeeeee NDD KF ftw \o/

When I was on gargs, after the reset,they started healing it. I laughed because they were giving me more exp. Then when I was at the storage, they ironically started calling me a scammer out of the blue. O_o

What consequences do you see in being a bagjumper, stealing other people's hard work and getting no punishment?

IMO if there are enough people singning a petition, some action has to be taken. That's how things are hangled in real life, ain't that so?

Really? o0 oh yeah, of course, EL is played by robots.

Fail Of The Week - new thread idea?

Also, consequences are little, I can speak from experience there, as I was in there spot before.

You might get a flamed a bit, oh and threatened too, but that's it. Noone takes their own threats serious. :)

(Oh, except for "we'll pk you, that's honorable revenge" - Tough luck, people who bj 'n stuff don't usually PK. You can't get back at this unless you'll lower yourself to the same level.)

So why would they care, I'm sure they get a gratz pm on every second crime, just like I did sometimes when someone got hit by me in one way or the other.

-Gohan

What consequences do you see in being a bagjumper, stealing other people's hard work and getting no punishment?

I think they mean after they Bag jump they start getting a bad reputation and then start getting banned from guilds, bots, and lose many ppl who would have made great friends....just think if they were to get or have the Antisocial perk :)

IMO if there are enough people singning a petition, some action has to be taken.

I do agree with this in a way but then some people who just can't stand someone for some other reason may sign then it would be under false pretences... :/ I guess you should really just be careful...I made a bag of 2k iron ore for an order I had (because I could only carry 54 at a time and it got annoying going back and forth in EVTR) but I lost 1.7k of it, no clue who took it, I have an idea but don't know for sure anyway I look at it as MY fault cause I left a bag unattended. With that said...........

Bagjumping is an integral part of this game, like it or not. So is PKing and mining.

Bags are not meant as a safe storage, that is why you can increase your carry spending pickpoints

At least with PKing you know when you can be PKed because it's only allowed on certain maps, and mining we all know we can be hurt by certain events but at least there is a certain amount of damage that can be done...From what I've heard about Rayla she waits in hiding until someone on a bag hits a teleport then jumps on it before they can get back...I know a lot of people work out of bags and I really think this is unfair, I mean people are just trying to take a bunch of stuff to a minesite so they can mix stuff and if they hit a teleport all that time and effort of getting stuff together is gone...and it don't even always go to someone else, I have heard Rayla will just let it poof, what is the point in that I think people that have this happen multiple times may give up on this game and go elsewhere (I will never do this I love EL, even though people lurk who want others in pain) but I have a nice remedy for that teleport X Bagjump thing...that may be considered.

Maybe Entropy could make it where if someone puts a bag down and they hit a teleport the bag goes with them...I mean wouldn't that be logical anyway?

It might cause more problems too though so I honestly don't know (I don't work out of bags often) it's just a thought.

From what I've heard about Rayla she waits in hiding until someone on a bag hits a teleport then jumps on it before they can get back.

That's right. Today she stole 9k iron from me and bromber. He was mining, while I was muling it to sto. Rayla was lurking there invisible (do you suppose we should bring TS potions to harvest just to see the invisible bagjumpers?) and jumped on the bag the very second bromber let me take items from the bag.

I understand when people bagjump and why they do it - find a bag with no owner, go look for Hyperbags - yes, then the bags are in danger. But this is just too much - we were on the bag all the time, just moved from it to take items and mule it to sto.

1. Bags were never meant to be safe, in any form. They were NOT created to be a safe storage for mixing, mining, muling, item exchanges, etc etc etc. When will people let this sink in? You use them, you take the risk. Full stop.

2. This will not be changed.

3. Mods will NEVER ban anybody based on a list, poll, petition, vote, anything of the sort.

4. Rules will not be changed to make bags safe, see #'s 1 and 2.

5. Again, game mechanics will not be changed to make them safer, again see #'s 1 and 2.

6. People who post and break forum rules will have those posts deleted. You may pretend it's because of ebul mods who hate you and love "outlaws" all you want, but the fact remains, if you can't follow the rules, there are consequences. If you don't know the rules, read them. If you still can't figure out why your post was deleted, maybe you better re-read your post twice before hitting "add reply" so you can actually remember what you said and/or how you said it.