Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jajohn

Some of my Ideas

1:Don't you think that it is quite stupid that if you want to buy for example 170 potions or something,that you have to click: buy,potion,100,buy,potion,50,buy,potion,20... and it can be worse,you can want 174 (when you want to full your inventory for the MAX for example...) or something like that so it is 5 times the same procedure (buy potion,potion of feasting,number)

So I think it would be really great if you could just type how many items you would like to buy,then the NPC would tell you how much would it cost,and then you would say yes/no.

I searched it and in first few pages I didn't see it,but when I saw there are 124 pages... so I am really sorry if someone already had this idea

2: If Irilion isn't just and only northern/southern from Seridia,then it should have another sunrise and sunset time,so why not making there day from 3:30 to 0:30? The exact time of day and night isn't the most important, it doesn'T even have to be 3 hours I think....

It would make some days like the one with killing sunshines cooler,and it would be logical.And Leonard would be more killing I think

3:give me 3Mgc....

:closedeyes:

PS:thanks for reading it

PS2:the third is just a bad joke

PS3:hope you won't be too angry if these were already post by anyone,I searched for them and didn't find something like these...

I like the 3rd one the best. But i would also like to be able to type in the numbers but u can use ur number pad for example u want to buy 61 arrows from the shop, u could hit the numbers 5,3,1 real fast and u would buy 61 arrows. As for the time zone one, it would be nice but i would hate getting confused and then lenny would pop up and eat me.

1.Yes your idea would be very helpfull as for me to buy 86 FP's its 16 diff clicks to obtain this amount, so to be able to type in the required amout would save me on the monotainy of continous clicking.

2nd idea would be cool and can see quite a few people forgetting the dif in time and running across lenny :)

For those that don't know, you can now use numbers and letters in dialogue windows, just hover the mouse over the box and numbers appear eg

1) buy 2) sell 3) nothing

The number next to the word can be pressed rather than clicked on, eg press 1 to buy.

For those that don't know, you can now use numbers and letters in dialogue windows, just hover the mouse over the box and numbers appear eg

The number next to the word can be pressed rather than clicked on, eg press 1 to buy.

It helps a lot but it's not a solution.

It helps a lot but it's not a solution.

It's nice for lupines, but for a lot of things annoying also. Like you check the npc text, without your mouse on it. Then you want to click something, so you go over it, and every single thing changes place lol.

Kinda weird in my opinion.

Like most things ingame this can be controlled. You can have it on, on if you hover the cursor above the NPC's face in the dialogue window or off depending on your personal preference.

To change the settings look in the Options window. Controls tab, "Keypresses in dialogue boxes" to enable or disable the option and "Keypresses allowed anywhere in dialogue boxes" to toggle activation while the mouse is allowed anywhere in the window or just over the face.

Personally I have to say that since I wrote it I haven't missed the standard "click based" control system.

Like most things ingame this can be controlled. You can have it on, on if you hover the cursor above the NPC's face in the dialogue window or off depending on your personal preference.

To change the settings look in the Options window. Controls tab, "Key presses in dialogue boxes" to enable or disable the option and "Key presses allowed anywhere in dialogue boxes" to toggle activation while the mouse is allowed anywhere in the window or just over the face.

Personally I have to say that since I wrote it I haven't missed the standard "click based" control system.

Yeah your right but hmmz i was wandering if you have to put the mouse in the box why you'll stop using it and click a number lol if you keep getting the mouse button there is no use stop using it and click with tastes :) but for me its right I'm still faster with the mouse cause of his sensitivity :pickaxe:

Edited by Till_Akysha

Or better yet a 'fill me up with item' option...

Normally when you go to an NPC you want to buy as much of it as possible...

Likewise with selling an item

For selling items you don't need this. Just sell a higher number than you have:

If you have 233 titanium to sell, tell Gerald you want to sell 500 and he will take all and pay you for them.

If you dont want to lose out on the 0.5 gc from the odd numbered ore, drop one in a bag and sell 500, he will take the remaining 232.

Maxine

For selling items you don't need this. Just sell a higher number than you have:

If you have 233 titanium to sell, tell Gerald you want to sell 500 and he will take all and pay you for them.

If you dont want to lose out on the 0.5 gc from the odd numbered ore, drop one in a bag and sell 500, he will take the remaining 232.

Maxine

Not all NPCs have such high numbers. Summon stones can only be sold in batches of 50.

For selling items you don't need this. Just sell a higher number than you have:If you have 233 titanium to sell, tell Gerald you want to sell 500 and he will take all and pay you for them.
Wibni (Wouldn't it be nice if) the same thing worked when buying stuff from an NPC? :P

I hate to buy wine from Vesine, since it's just 20 pcs batch, and I can carry ~440. It's over 44 clicks/keys (1141414141 and so on).

Keys does the thing a little bit easier, but if you press the key too fast, or you'll get laggy - it chooses other option and you have to start the conversation from the beginning (or press other keys).

Edited by BloodSucker

I hate to buy wine from Vesine, since it's just 20 pcs batch, and I can carry ~440. It's over 44 clicks/keys (1141414141 and so on).

Keys does the thing a little bit easier, but if you press the key too fast, or you'll get laggy - it chooses other option and you have to start the conversation from the beginning (or press other keys).

Or buy a Potion of Coordination while buying FPS :D

Or buy a Potion of Coordination while buying FPS :D

Yeah, I even managed to buy 100 SR from npc, instead of FPS.

And wine buying is indeed, unnecesary(spelling) annoying.

And wine buying is indeed, unnecesary(spelling) annoying.

For buying wine from Vesine; just keep "1" pressed. :D

(And keep both the storage window and the Vesine dialog window open.)

As for Vesine, that's the price you pay for buying wine 0.75gcs each instead of 2gcs in some tavern. I don't mind pressing, I hate the distance to sto lol :)

On topic: we'll see if the need to make changes will disappear when the mules come out.