Eternal Lands Official Forums
sywren

Anyone up for Capture the Flag?

None of the times will work for me :pickaxe:

I don't know at which times I will be able to play, depends on how late we eat, if i have to get up early the next morning. Or whether I'm at my parents or not.

I can participate if I'm online tho ;P does that work?

ProHibited

what he said, and ill go on anyones team, as long as im on :devlish:

KF map

Team A -- Enters through DP exit

Team B -- Enters through VOTD exit

(if we get 3 teams we can even use SKF)

as many target characters on the map as possible. alts or players that don't want to be in the teams.

each target killed -- 1 point

each team player killed -- 3 points

no one leaves the map untill all members of 1 of the teams are dead.

team with most kill points wins.

comment, improve.

Edited by Segor

Well My idea was a bottleneck type capture the flag

LIke MM cave one on gold side one on Silver side.. do you take the boat or the main entrances?!!

or silver mine chapel in MM and one in Battle Hall.

Or Jayden's Temple and Battle Hall.

Another Idea is doing it during nite hours in MM it can get Creepy and stealthy :)

One more I think.. IN WS there is 2 schools one in the mountains WEST of Turnwood Vale and one Northeast of Vermor Castle those would make ideal places for Capture the flag and to make it interesting.. We could All start out in the middle of the map by Henrick!

Well this wouldn't really be capture the flag but I think it could still be a fun event. 2 teams. 3 targets per team. Each target is in a different a/d range and you get more points for killing the tougher people. So I target has a/d 0/0 to 10/10 and is worth one point per kill. Target 2 a/d 11/11 to 20/20 and is worth 2 points per kill. Target 3 a/d 21/21 to 30/30 and is worth 3 points per kill. (obviously those ranges and points can be tweaked) You run this event for a set time limit that will take care of the "damn that was fast" problem. After times up the targets count up how many times there were killed and advise a neutral person, I guess who ever is organizing and not playing. Then that neutral person will announce "Team A wins with 21 total points! Team B close behind with 18!"

basicly, capture the flag in KF is too fast. that was what lead to all the talking after it.

we can have a nice and long hunt in KF with better armor/weapons as someone mentioned on @1

and we can have a capture the flag in larger maps.

for a capture the flag i would keep the idea with TG and NC, the flags could be in the templs for crafting and manufacturing gods and only walking would be alowed, having to go through NC north cave (bottleneck thing)

Grats Woodeh on bringing the Pirate team to victory! Grats Gambit for making it damn close (you really do hit hard).

I love these ideas! Would you all like to claim a weekend to "run" your event (it isn't really that much work: just make sure everyone knows the rules and then break the teams up)? If you'd prefer I do it for you, that's fine. Just let me know.

What worked this week: Cheap! KF meant no one minded their deaths (I was giggling in the underworld). Well, those caltrops cost a couple thousand, but that was fun.

What didn't work: Still too short. It was a little more confusing without MrHide's blue spam, so we may want to make sure he can be on. Oh, and knowing my north from my south would help.

How about making it every other week in KF so it's cheaper?

The other idea we talked about in game was prizes. If each player pays 2kgc to play, the winning team would get 4kgc each as a prize. Right now I think most of us are just enjoying the game for the fun of it, but this might spice it up a bit, too.

I'll throw in a couple thoughts on the contests...

First, weaker players who don't use rosts don't want to loose a bunch of gear in every contest. This makes a no-drop map ideal. On other maps I'd need to travel really light.

Second, it would be nice if the contests were done such that weaker players aren't simple cannon-fodder for the stronger players. In both contests we've done so far I only last a few seconds. Not really that much fun.

I was thinking that perhaps some sort of tag or hide-and-seek type game might be interesting to try once. I figure I could last longer running from players than trying to defend a flag.

I was thinking that perhaps some sort of tag or hide-and-seek type game might be interesting to try once. I figure I could last longer running from players than trying to defend a flag.

Gambit didn't. I would say 4 seconds, 5 tops.

Anyway, all ideas are good, just give some time to put the idea in the paper (post it here in the events section) to make everyone clear on how things go and we can give it a go.

I will be traveling from tomorrow till sudnay, no idea what time I will arrive.

If I get home early in the afternoon I might be able to log and help putting things together if we have enough people.

Does anyone want to volunteer to come up with the plan and run it?
If nothing else is going on I can do a PK-focused Kill-Kaldoon contest (I've been saving this scenario for weeks and weeks :rolleyes: ).

Something I just thought of.. But we would need the help or MrHide.

1 Map gets invaded with all types of monsters/animals. And there is a bag for each team, first to get the bag, and return it to someone on IP wins. Now, this wouldn't be a do it as fast as possible, and it would require alot of team work. And people can still pk you.

What would also be intresting, would be something big (Yeti, or something of that sorts) in the house with the bag in, so even when your team gets there, you have to work togeather to kill it. :) (MrHide can tp to either bag and refresh it.)

Thoughts/Comments?

Btw.. If my memory is correct, invaded monsters see Invis people, so that wont work. :)

Please choose No-Rost map for this kind of event, see who's got the balls to get out there with good gears. Weaker players take newb gears, but with GREAT team effort/mines they might be able to kill one strong player and get some loot.

That sure spices things up..... As for adding invaded monsters (high leveled) to protect a bag (in a no rost-map plx), Great idea. Again, spices things up.

Also, as long as the bags/flags are far away from any huts/tents/caves/entrances/exits we wont have issues with people going in/out so they cant be attacked :)

Ofc, events in KF are fun too.

Something I just thought of.. But we would need the help or MrHide.

1 Map gets invaded with all types of monsters/animals. And there is a bag for each team, first to get the bag, and return it to someone on IP wins. Now, this wouldn't be a do it as fast as possible, and it would require alot of team work. And people can still pk you.

What would also be intresting, would be something big (Yeti, or something of that sorts) in the house with the bag in, so even when your team gets there, you have to work togeather to kill it. :) (MrHide can tp to either bag and refresh it.)

Thoughts/Comments?

Btw.. If my memory is correct, invaded monsters see Invis people, so that wont work. :)

Your gonna freek out I know it.. but I love this idea.. like hyperbags in the north fort.. Or in that little circle building in the middle *might be too close to the teleport in Area tho* But INvaded monsters and then beam

Great Idea :) and Prizes involved.. another spin on it .. and would be LONGer lasting.. Is if there are like 10 bags hypered.. And then you have to bring back 5 of them.. would last longer and would be more deaths and such :)

Nice Idea WOODEH!

I love this idea, too, partly because I sort of had it earlier (see above: kill your own invaded creature). A small map with two houses, two creatures, and two hyperbags would be fantastic. We could run into the other team's house and heal their spawn :closedeyes:. The contents of the hyperbag would have to be a secret, though, and MrHide would have to run it.

So, MrHide, do you think you might be here the Sunday after this?

As for this Sunday, a Kill Kaldoon with a PK edge would be a lot of fun. Thank you, Bkc!

We could do an "all you can eat" contest, make 2 bags, both with 1k veggies in them, Both players need a full inv of food at the start. First player to poof his/her bag wins. And no trading!

\o/

Well, I'm not sure if MrHide is going to be here or not on Sunday, so let's call that idea Plan A.

Plan B (and/or idea for the future)

There are two bags on either side of a map (probably one of Kit's bottleneck maps). Each bag is filled with as many of one item as there are players (for example 6 red scarves in one bag and 5 pirate scarves in a the other). At the start of the game, I will place the two bags in the map, and then tell the teams where to go. This is for two reasons: 1. I need time to set up and it's easier that way, and 2. I don't want anyone knowing what the items in the bags are before they show up.

Once I announce the start of the game (same time as always), both teams go to their bags and grab one of the items (the flags). The object is to get all of the other teams flags back to your side. This way I figure we are combining Segor's idea of killing the whole team (possibly a few times depending on drops) with Kit's idea of a bottleneck map.

Rules:

1. NO ROSTOS

2. NO GOING TO STORAGE (I know this doesn't seem possible to regulate, but it is since we all take the same paths from the UW and usually see each other. This way no one can pick up extra flags and the game will require more teamwork since we'll have to share.)

3. NO KILLING OUTSIDE OF THE MAP (because of rule 2)

4. DEATHS THAT RESULT IN THE EXCHANGE OF A FLAG MUST BE ANNOUNCED ON CHANNEL 1. (ie "Kit killed me and got my flag!" or "I got Bkc's flag and all of his leather armor muahaha!") This one is mostly for accountability but also so we know where to look for flags.

Here's the nice part: If you break a rule, future games won't include you. There are thousands of channels on which I can host a game and hundreds of maps for me to choose from, so it will be easy to enforce. Nice, yeah? Not to mention that your team loses...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edited by sygon

1. NO ROSTOS

2. NO GOING TO STORAGE

Contest ends once one team controls all the dropped HEs. :)

Probably! I'm interested in seeing what sort of role fate plays.