Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

No drops KF

"I, [L33t], 88/91(not rank) a/d, solemnly swear that I will go in KF for at least 30 minutes of each day I actually log in the game (24h day). If I don't do that, may I and all my alts be banned for at least a month!"

My wife SavannahJade has also requested I post for her ...

"I, SavannahJade, 69/69 a/d, solemnly swear that I will go in KF for at least 30 minutes of each day I actually log in the game (24h day). If I don't do that, may I and all my alts be banned for at least a month!"

not like i'd go do a #suicide in KF with a full inv and armor and what not on the main and just let ppl get all my junk ;)

why would you put your best armor and what not to go testing to kf? o0

I hope you get my message.

I TezCatLiPocA, solomnly swear to be in kf 30+ mins a day and on the 24th day i shall be only if weather permits me to do so. im 100s a/d and prepared to kill and be killed!

Edited by chipmunk

I know everyone is all excited for this but, with no drops from PK...there will be PK for maybe a month or two and then we will all either go broke from all the equipment used/broken OR the lack of excitement of no drops.

Instead of having no drops at all, what if when you kill someone they drop a bag of coins? Or even possibly better: tokens. The tokens could be collected from PKing, and then spent on equipment at a special NPC. The NPC could have a large range of items from potions, essences, or even armors/weapons.

I just don't really like the idea of PK becoming even more of a gc sink than it already is.

I know everyone is all excited for this but, with no drops from PK...there will be PK for maybe a month or two and then we will all either go broke from all the equipment used/broken OR the lack of excitement of no drops.

Instead of having no drops at all, what if when you kill someone they drop a bag of coins? Or even possibly better: tokens. The tokens could be collected from PKing, and then spent on equipment at a special NPC. The NPC could have a large range of items from potions, essences, or even armors/weapons.

I just don't really like the idea of PK becoming even more of a gc sink than it already is.

Sounds great! Except for the part where i kill my friend 100 times- or commit suicide 100 times and then go and get the tokens and spend them- Thats like giving out free candy o.0

I think the idea here is that people complain that rostogols are "too expensive", so they don't PK. No drops would make it less of a gc sink, not more.

Its a good idea. Cheaper pk. People that allready pk will probably pk a bit more often.

But the main problem remains. No profit from pk. No motives.

Pk will remain the only activity in game where you lose money

and get nothing. (gc-exp-armor etc)

Pvp in el is one of the best i ve seen in MMORPG'S.

The problem is that fun is not enough for most players and espesially for newcomers.

Its a good idea. Cheaper pk. People that allready pk will probably pk a bit more often.

But the main problem remains. No profit from pk. No motives.

Pk will remain the only activity in game where you lose money

and get nothing. (gc-exp-armor etc)

Pvp in el is one of the best i ve seen in MMORPG'S.

The problem is that fun is not enough for most players and espesially for newcomers.

Why dont you look at ranging? Thats a HUGE Money sink.

At least I play this game to have FUN -_-' It doesn't matter if I get profit from everything if it's fun. If u just do boring things from which u get good profit but they aren't fun, u have a problem.

At least I play this game to have FUN -_-' It doesn't matter if I get profit from everything if it's fun. If u just do boring things from which u get good profit but they aren't fun, u have a problem.

Exactly the point.

Can't wait for mass slaughtering to begin :icon13:

Don't slaugher them all before I get back in game too :) Or maybe I should install EL to some computer in work... I often have too much spare time here :)

Unfortunately many players are having fun by harvesting and afk chatting.

Maybe for you or for me other activities in game are boring but for most el players fun

is everything else except pk.

If fun was enough kilaran field would be full every day.

So yes the idea is good but consider that its very difficult to afford

30 minutes of pk every day.

Time will show.

Maybe for you or for me other activities in game are boring but for most el players fun

is everything else except pk.

Nah I like other activities too, but I just mean that sometimes it's fun to burn some money too instead of making it. I love wasting money to summon high lvl monsters and other pk activities :icon13: Then just go make potions or harv a bit to get more money and then burn them again lol.

I wish u pr0 pkers would keep some kind of lessons to these people, who have never pked and just gets frustrated because everytime they goes in pk map, someone kills them in a second. Just tell them basics of pk and let them try pking without someone with higher a/d and better pk skills attacks them. I'm sure these people would find fun of pk too this way. Or if u pk someone, give him / her hints how to dis - tele etc.

I, Private, rank 171 143 a/d, solemnly swear that I will go in KF for at least 30 minutes of each day I actually log in the game (24h day). If I don't do that, may I and all my alts be banned for at least a month!".

Will this 'tweak' go to the pk-server as well? (whenever the server is updated,, not right now :confused: )

I don't know/care if everyone wants it or not, it don't think it will have a big impact on the pk-server.

It would make things easier, nothing too loose if you train in KF :lurker:

ProHibited